Anyone wax their bike?

mvk24_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I want to get a nice layer on my tank and maybe fork for protection.

I usually just use a quick detailer or spray ceramic for day to day cleaning but I think its time to get a thicker layer in there.

Can I use like a classic turtle paste wax on our bikes? I know the clear coat/paint needs to be protected and thats why you typically don't use car wash soap on a motorcycle.

Any suggestions on a wax that's safe?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Some boring product called "NuFinish". I think I used it once every two years on the ol' CB1100, and mostly just on the fuel tank.
 
Thread starter
Houtman_imp said:
I use the Honda spray polish , excellent product.
Interesting I didnt know honda made one. I will look for it

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
GoldOxide_imp said:
Some boring product called "NuFinish". I think I used it once every two years on the ol' CB1100, and mostly just on the fuel tank.
I have definitely seen that before I think its an orange bottle/can. I am mostly looking to just do the tank also.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
The Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish is the same as Original Bike Spirits Spray Cleaner & Polish , I think they make it for Honda .
 
Sometimes I use the Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish but usually I use Mothers stuff. Sometimes the Synthetic was and sometimes the Carnauba wax. And every now and then Turtle Wax. Like Gone said. It’s paint. Use what you like.
 
Take her to a Honda regeneration & nursing home, takes about 3 week. When she comes back, she does so with a “nice layer on the tank” too, ... I mean, if she comes back resp. if she still wants to be with you.
 
I use Meguiars products on all of my bikes and cars.
The liguid Cleaner/Wax is easily applied, and does wonders
on chrome and paint. And it lasts quite a while too.
I used it and their other products for years. Good stuff.
 
mvk24_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
I use the Honda spray polish , excellent product.
Interesting I didnt know honda made one. I will look for it

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
GoldOxide_imp said:
Some boring product called "NuFinish". I think I used it once every two years on the ol' CB1100, and mostly just on the fuel tank.
I have definitely seen that before I think its an orange bottle/can. I am mostly looking to just do the tank also.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
I have definitely seen that before I think its an orange bottle/can. I am mostly looking to just do the tank also.
You are correct.



Give it a good shake. Seems to work reliably.
 
Houtman_imp said:
The Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish is the same as Original Bike Spirits Spray Cleaner & Polish , I think they make it for Honda .
I used to think that too, but after three cans of Pro Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish I can say the following about it:[ul] [li]The color is white vs. cream[/li] [li]It's much thinner and runnier[/li] [li]The propellant leaks down well before the can is empty
[/li][/ul] I've switched back to Original Bike Spirits. Night and day difference...so much better than the Pro Honda.


This stuff is amazing for bringing back faded or chalky paint. Easy on / easy off; wears like iron. My dad was a big fan starting in the '70s. We always have a bottle around here.
 
ride4now_imp said:
I use Meguiars products on all of my bikes and cars.
The liguid Cleaner/Wax is easily applied, and does wonders
on chrome and paint. And it lasts quite a while too.
I used it and their other products for years. Good stuff.
Another vote here for Meguiars. You also want to hit the chrome once a year in my experience to inhibit any rust from starting.
 
Stichill_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
The Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish is the same as Original Bike Spirits Spray Cleaner & Polish , I think they make it for Honda .
I used to think that too, but after three cans of Pro Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish I can say the following about it:[ul] [li]The color is white vs. cream[/li] [li]It's much thinner and runnier[/li] [li]The propellant leaks down well before the can is empty
[/li][/ul] I've switched back to Original Bike Spirits. Night and day difference...so much better than the Pro Honda.


This stuff is amazing for bringing back faded or chalky paint. Easy on / easy off; wears like iron. My dad was a big fan starting in the '70s. We always have a bottle around here.
Nice endorsement. Not expensive either.

Just remember anyone to give the bottle a very good shake before applying.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Wax? What's that?

973ca15e9dbb3bbf1c498f2a118f26b8.jpg

Maybe the first and last time....
6a8e52f61dc9a8b1e33f58898392b65d.png

(Ferret’s bike at WV rally)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
On my black Daytona which has acres of fairing and bodywork all one colour I use Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine Car Polish followed by Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection. Both very easy to apply and buff off. The results are very noticeable on this older bike.

But I find that they make zero difference to the painted tank on my 2017MY EX. The top clearcoat is still in such good condition that a wax/extra gloss product has no visual impact at all.
 
I think that Autoglym is a UK product also available in the USA . Last Sunday was the VERY first time I used a blower to dry of my bike and was very happy with the results , no water spots on any services. I will get a Metro Vac air dryer for drying my bikes and my wife's MINI. I used an electric leaf blower on my bike , worked ok but a proper blower will be easier.
 
Back
Top