PowerDubs_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
Looks like a relatively inexpensive / lighter / fun bike that has a good sound / personality and decent power.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
It is interesting to observed that Piaggio vehicles are somewhat ho-hum quality and fit. Yet, they own premium brands like Moto Guzzi, Aprilia and Vespa - at least in that they have very good fit, finish, and in the case of Aprilia, superior sport performance. As well as Moto Guzzi for soul and Vespa for awesome urban fun.bioman_imp said:... if you can find a Piaggio dealer in your neck of the woods.
That is too bad to read.Charlie Bravo_imp said:I had an Aprilia Shiver 750 for a while. Bought it from a gal who was selling it to move to Europe for grad school, and did not test ride it. This was in Hollywood, CA, a very hot day. I just asked her to ride it up and down the street so I could hear it run and shift, but when I rode it home, I noticed that it had a swoopy feeling, like it wasn't planted. I went on some forums and found the fix, which was crank the single rear shock down tighter and that improved the feel, but it had a habit of changing riding modes on its own. I'd bee riding, and it would suddenly not run very well. It had switched modes from Street to Rain. I'd change it back, and some days later it would do it again. I ended up selling it.
Consider yourself lucky, as this bike did not have park/stop modeCharlie Bravo_imp said:I had an Aprilia Shiver 750 for a while. Bought it from a gal who was selling it to move to Europe for grad school, and did not test ride it. This was in Hollywood, CA, a very hot day. I just asked her to ride it up and down the street so I could hear it run and shift, but when I rode it home, I noticed that it had a swoopy feeling, like it wasn't planted. I went on some forums and found the fix, which was crank the single rear shock down tighter and that improved the feel, but it had a habit of changing riding modes on its own. I'd bee riding, and it would suddenly not run very well. It had switched modes from Street to Rain. I'd change it back, and some days later it would do it again. I ended up selling it.

Consider yourself lucky, as this bike did not have park/stop modepeterbaron_imp said:Consider yourself lucky, as this bike did not have park/stop modeCharlie Bravo_imp said:I had an Aprilia Shiver 750 for a while. Bought it from a gal who was selling it to move to Europe for grad school, and did not test ride it. This was in Hollywood, CA, a very hot day. I just asked her to ride it up and down the street so I could hear it run and shift, but when I rode it home, I noticed that it had a swoopy feeling, like it wasn't planted. I went on some forums and found the fix, which was crank the single rear shock down tighter and that improved the feel, but it had a habit of changing riding modes on its own. I'd bee riding, and it would suddenly not run very well. It had switched modes from Street to Rain. I'd change it back, and some days later it would do it again. I ended up selling it.![]()

Close. Just a tad over 500 lbs, but I guess that is still too much for some folks. The 2020 DCT version is only 9 lbs less than the 2017 CB1100, so not a significant difference.The ferret_imp said:Really? A manual Africa Twin is under 500 pounds wet isnt it?
lol - fun way of putting it, but true!The ferret_imp said::rofl: thats the way the FJR was.. TIMBERRRRR