Anybody come from a 919?

Welcome to the forum Pauli! Someone here mentioned a 919 but I can't remember who. Oh yes, the CB1100 will get under your skin....
 
I'm English, so I'm thinking 919 is the Hornet 900.

I test rode one in 2002 and found it to be cuss compared to my revvy Hornet 600.

It went no faster, accelerated no faster, and felt more lethargic.

I passed and stuck with my Hornet 600.

If in America you mean the early fireblades, then I can't comment, same engine but higher state of tune and more uncomfortable.

Get a test ride! I didn't and I love mine!

I wouldn't swap it for any bike, not any.
 
I rode once. In the top gears it was damn errie. Moving the throttle caused the speedo needle to move and equal amount, in about the same about of time. I thought it was torquy until I rode the CB1100 which has a lot more low rpm torque. While I think the 919 is a great bike, it needs to look like the CB1100.
 
I owned a 2007 Candy Red Honda 919. It was a great bike, and its small size made it feel tiny. I used to ride mine on my favorite mountain road, and I also took it onto the race track quite a few times (Classrides – The Nation’s BEST Street Riding School!)

The 919 is basically a naked sport bike--its engine coming from a CBR. It has 17" tires at both ends, which accept premium tires. I put a Power Commander III on mine, and had it dyno-tuned by Jett Tuning. I also had Jett install an Ohlins shock in back. The 919 loved twisty roads.

The fuel injection on the CB11 is much more refined than on the 919. The 919 always wanted to go 120mph. The CB11's engine enjoys just cruising around at 55-85mph (although it will go faster.)

I bought my 919 to re-kindle my first love---my 1982 Suzuki GS750L. But, the 919 was too much of a sportbike to fill that role. The CB11 fits the role perfectly.

I miss my 919, but the garage is full. Buy a CB11, but keep your 919. They're totally different bikes, for totally different moods.
 
PAULIBIKER_imp said:
I love my 919, but can't get the CB1100 out of my head.

Anybody here have both or have had both?
I traded my '06 599 for my black '14 CB11. Had the 599 since new and sold it with 16000 miles on it. The F3 motor was no slouch either. I'll miss it.
 
Damfino_imp said:
Welcome to the forum Pauli! Someone here mentioned a 919 but I can't remember who. Oh yes, the CB1100 will get under your skin....
That may have been me, in a post on my recently acquired SuperBrace.

Like Thumper (post No. 5), I believe both are fine bikes. My personal comparison:

Seating/Ergonomics:
The leg positions are similar once the bikes are in motion. The 919 requires a sportier, forward cant for the rest of your body, of course. The CB1100 allows for a more upright, relaxed ride.

Transmission:
The 919's transmission is smooth all-around. The CB1100's transmission (at least mine) is a bit clunky while downshifting to second and first gear.

Handling:
The 919 handles better. For example, in my SuperBrace posting, I note that the 919 handling is crisp and that, by comparison, I feel a "looseness" in the CB1100's front forks at speed (60+mph). Thus, I bought a SuperBrace to stabilize the CB.

Both bikes, being inline 4's, are a bit buzzy in the handlebars and elsewhere while riding at speed. The 919 is buzzier.

Personal Enjoyment:
I prefer my CB1100 due to its relaxed seating position and appearance. For "enjoying the ride," the CB1100 can't be beat. That's a purely subjective opinion based on my personal tastes, which has no aspiration to achieve Mach 1. For those who feel the need for speed, perhaps the 919 would suit you better. I will likely sell the 919 or convert it into a track bike.

I hope this comparison proves useful. Can't go wrong with either bike.


A good looking pair of siblings
[url=http://s835.photobucket.com/user/RobertKangLaw/media/Personal%20Album/Motorcycle/CB1100919_zps0dc100d5.jpg.html]
 
MFGUSA_imp said:
I've been hoping too, but every time I pull the cover off it's not.
Lol, :D come on, spill the beans! Is it a dune buggy? Or K.I.T.T?

Is it the Corvette 'Face' used to drive in The A Team?

Is it The General Lee?

Is it the Trans Am from Smokey and the Bandit?

Is it the Flux Capacitor DeLorean?

Pleeeeeeezzze tell meeeeee!
 
Im thinking classic Chevelle or Pontiac GTO
 
Man, can you imagine the disappointment if it turns out to be a Pacer ?
 
Delorean or a Pacer!, are you guys kidding?!! You could put TWO Pacers under that cover.

Gingersdaddy is onto it! The wheels should define it as one or the other, but this is a bike forum guys and we shouldn't be looking at cars.
 
What a coincidence; there was a silver 919 parked in front if the Riva service department this morning. Sorry to say it was in pretty rough shape. Its a very compact bike; it must be a hoot to ride.

While I was there the Honda mechanic took me in back to see another customers CB750. I think he said its a '73. Very original aside from the 4/1 exhaust. Its funny how the CB seems small now; back in the day they seemed huge to me. Of course my ride then was a Yamaha 3505E.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
What a coincidence; there was a silver 919 parked in front if the Riva service department this morning. Sorry to say it was in pretty rough shape. Its a very compact bike; it must be a hoot to ride.

While I was there the Honda mechanic took me in back to see another customers CB750. I think he said its a '73. Very original aside from the 4/1 exhaust. Its funny how the CB seems small now; back in the day they seemed huge to me. Of course my ride then was a Yamaha 3505E.

Yes, and back in the day EVERYTHING looked big to you, in later years we realise 'we're all average' :s
 
Tortuga_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
What a coincidence; there was a silver 919 parked in front if the Riva service department this morning. Sorry to say it was in pretty rough shape. Its a very compact bike; it must be a hoot to ride.

While I was there the Honda mechanic took me in back to see another customers CB750. I think he said its a '73. Very original aside from the 4/1 exhaust. Its funny how the CB seems small now; back in the day they seemed huge to me. Of course my ride then was a Yamaha 3505E.

Yes, and back in the day EVERYTHING looked big to you, in later years we realise 'we're all average' :s
I have a 2002 919 (CB900F in Canada) that I bought new and has served me well all these years with not a glitch.
When the 1100 became available here last year I knew I had to have one and pulled the trigger this year. Delivery won't be for a week or so.
I still have the 919, but will probably sell it as storage space is limited.
 
Back
Top