Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
That's an excellent interactive map. You just click on any point and it'll tell you everything you want to know.EmptySea_imp said:MikeD_imp said:A solar eclipse is coming to America. Here’s what you’ll see where you live.
Here is the map to find out what the coverage is for any area. Just enter the zip code. It looks like I would need to travel 16 miles SW to have 100% coverage. Unfortunately, I'll be at work, but I plan on stepping outside for a bit at the peak.
I like that map, MikeD I have to travel 266 miles SW, but I'm planning on traveling more like 350 miles more south than west. I may have to rethink that though if I can actually shave 100 miles of the ride down.
Here's an interactive map on Google Maps which works well, also.
USA - 2017 August 21 Total Solar Eclipse - Interactive Google Map - Xavier Jubier
There are probably more bogus "eclipse glasses" out there than legit ones. Do your homework.The ferret_imp said:According to our local news WLWT there are only 5 certified sellers of the glasses, and there are people selling glasses that wont protect your eyes. List is supposedly on their website ( note I couldnt find the list)
EmptySea_imp said:Finally found a pair of eclipse glasses so I'm planning my route. Plan is to head out of Chicago at around 5:30am to ride the 350 miles or so into the path of totality. Traffic may force me to a different viewing point, but my goal is to make it to the aptly named "Ozark, IL" in remembrance of physics_teacher who was so looking forward to seeing this celestial event.
Purchased glasses on Amazon that were fake. Luckily, we found out before the eclipse. We are about 35 miles from totality and I am going to Craters of the Moon to watch the event.EmptySea_imp said:Finally found a pair of eclipse glasses so I'm planning my route. Plan is to head out of Chicago at around 5:30am to ride the 350 miles or so into the path of totality. Traffic may force me to a different viewing point, but my goal is to make it to the aptly named "Ozark, IL" in remembrance of physics_teacher who was so looking forward to seeing this celestial event.
a chunk of glass out of a #14 welding helmet is the ticketaschem_imp said:Purchased glasses on Amazon that were fake. Luckily, we found out before the eclipse. We are about 35 miles from totality and I am going to Craters of the Moon to watch the event.EmptySea_imp said:Finally found a pair of eclipse glasses so I'm planning my route. Plan is to head out of Chicago at around 5:30am to ride the 350 miles or so into the path of totality. Traffic may force me to a different viewing point, but my goal is to make it to the aptly named "Ozark, IL" in remembrance of physics_teacher who was so looking forward to seeing this celestial event.