I attempted to get to Ozark,IL for my viewing point, but due to traffic, we stopped about 20 miles short. Fortunately, we were still in the path of totality. It was an incredible sight, the sky at the moment of totality was somewhere between blue and black, but leaning toward the dark and in a hue that I do not recall seeing anywhere in nature. The ring of sunlight around the intervening moon was brilliant white.
I decided to take a photo in remembrance of Rick "physics-teacher" Day, who was looking enthusiastically forward to the 2017 eclipse.
This was taken during the period of totality that Rick said would be worth the 350 mile ride. He was correct. It was the best I could do armed only with an iPhone and a little over a minute of time. Hope you all enjoy it.
RIP, Dr. Day.
"Day's Light"
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk