LongRanger_imp
Road warrior
I don't think anyone is confusing a motorcycle purchase with a financial investment.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Oh boy, that's for sure. I paid $12K OTD for mine, CA prices. Happy to do it. Even happier today. Just ordered a full Race-Tech treatment for the forks today, Gold Valves, springs, seals, bushings, labor. Gonna be great. Bike is not even worth 4 grand. So what? I'm lovin' it.CIP57_imp said:I have to laugh at where this conversation has gone. Any vehicle with a motor and license plate (for general use) is the worst financial investment someone will make in there lives. You have a better chance making money on a penny stock than a motor vehicle purchase.
Having said that, these bikes have depreciated 50% already, modification will make no difference when where talking about a 5K sale.
It's a crap shoot with used bikes. Stock is best, that way you can then modify it as you please. I never touch fueling, ECU, or exhaust except in one case, FZ8, which had need of Guhl's.LongRanger_imp said:I expect Ulve's fork upgrade to be completely worthwhile and transformative, at least from what I've read elsewhere. But here's my perspective on owner-performed upgrades: I was shopping for a Monster 620 earlier this year. The newest bikes are now ten years old and most are clapped out. I went to look at one that was advertised as "mint condition." Upon inspection, the owner (or previous owner) had installed mini turn signals and replaced the rear fender with an aftermarket "tail tidy," replaced the stock pipes with some loud CF Italian pipes (one which was poorly installed and drooped slightly), disconnected the O2 sensors and reprogrammed the ECU, added "shorty" levers, added an oil cooler, and cut the top off the air filter cover and installed a K&N air filter (which was neglected). Hardly a stock bike, or in my opinion, hardly in "mint condition." Despite his claim that it "ran strong," I had no desire to buy his Frankenstein creation. I later found another 620, also in "mint condition," but this one was completely stock. No modifications, mutilations, aftermarket accessories, nothing. I knew exactly what I was getting and happily paid up for it. So I agree, I'm not like all buyers, but that first bike likely never sold for the price I paid for the stock one, despite the owner's insistence that his modifications improved it. Perhaps they did for his enjoyment, but probably not to most potential buyers.
What? You mean I'm gonna lose money on this thing?LongRanger_imp said:I don't think anyone is confusing a motorcycle purchase with a financial investment.



That is a good pun.Sam Mac_imp said:I dumped $3000 on upgrades into the Harley Night Rod that I used to own. When it was all said and done I lost about $10,000 on it. Lesson learned. Speaking for myself I ride it as it came from the factory, OK I'll spring for a seat but that's about it.![]()
SimiPair_imp said:Just talked to Faith at Web Cams. She's very tech savvy. They have worked up some preliminary grinds for our bikes. If we can give them TDC and spring parameters they can provide a street grind for more performance. Price is $855.
Keep us posted.Randy B_imp said:I have a contact that works for a cam company and I put out a feeler to see if they are able or willing to do anything for us.