And down I went..

pwh421_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I took a right to leave a parking lot and there was an Audi Q7 on my side of the road, grabbed the front brake too hard, cold tires and pavement + too much grab = boom, and the front tire washed out..

I am ok.. I am also so glad I have engine guards.. or this might have been a lot uglier for the CB..

As it is I scratched the pipe, and bent the heck out the bars..

so.. What are my replacement options?
 
Oh man sorry to hear that! Glad to hear you're ok. I guess this allows you to get some Renthal low or ultra-low bars and either an Arrow or Staintune slip-on!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
ah mas so sorry
the good is your all good
lots of option for parts depends on what a guy wants when hes all done getting it back together
again good to here your alright
 
Good to hear you weren't hurt. Bummer though about the bike. Glad it wasn't worse.

stock pipes and handlebars show up in the classifieds here now and again, (*** edit..looks like everything you need is in the classifieds right now)

CB1100 Forum

and with your time and 90 posts you are eligible to put a "Wanted" ad in the classifieds.
 
pwh, so sorry to hear about your off. Good you're OK. Good luck with the search for parts.
 
pwh421_imp said:
I took a right to leave a parking lot and there was an Audi Q7 on my side of the road, grabbed the front brake too hard, cold tires and pavement + too much grab = boom, and the front tire washed out..

I am ok.. I am also so glad I have engine guards.. or this might have been a lot uglier for the CB..

As it is I scratched the pipe, and bent the heck out the bars..

so.. What are my replacement options?
Pwh, I am in Pacifica, ca, not far from you. I have my stock muffler with only 600 Miles on it , no scratches or dents. If you want to hook up I'll give it to you for $100. If you need stock mirrors I'll throw them in.

PM me if interested. But , I'd take the opportunity to upgrade, if it was me. .

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
 
Luckily, you were weren't asked to, bigsheep. LOL

$100 for a practically new stock can? Plus spare mirrors? Take that offer, pwh
 
I know what your are going through pwh. I dropped mine late March. It was tough to see my scratched-up (and other damages) CB lying on the ground.

Your are getting some of the great suggestions I got from our fellow forum members. The best suggestion I got was to keep your insurance company out of the repair process, if you can, and if your damage repair estimate is near 75% of the book value of the CB. In my case, the insurance company totaled my 2014 CB1100 STD with only 204 miles on the ODO. It does't look like you are in that situation. suhawk305's bike

I ordered a new 2014 CB1100 STD, a new Shoei GT Air helmet and accessories; and hope to be riding soon. :biker:

Good luck!
 
Thread starter
Thank you all for the excellent thoughts and generous offers. I am moving this week, hence the slow reply, but once that is done I will reach out, if the materials are still available.

Again, I really grateful.
 
Back
Top