An audio/video collaboration

Guth_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I believe this might be a first here on the forum: an audio/video collaboration by husky385 and me, lol. His camera didn't capture any audio, so I stuck some of my music on this clip (hey, you can always mute the sound if you want to). He shot this video last weekend on our group ride as we were heading south on Highway 35 out east of Mt.Hood here in Oregon.

Thanks husky for capturing the video and for sending it my way. I'll see what else I can pull from the mix and post up online.


 
Looked great full screen. Man it was nice sitting behind a Vetter again. I swear I could feel the slight push from the back I used to feel. How majestic is that mountain? Unbelieveably cool.

Good job guys.
 
Hey Guth...is that YOU on the guitar? Seriously nice playing, sir, whoever it is. I love me some drop-D fingerpicking. Nicely recorded as well. I wonder how many of us CB1100 riders are guitarists as well... - KvdV
 
Thread starter
kvdv_imp said:
Hey Guth...is that YOU on the guitar? Seriously nice playing, sir, whoever it is. I love me some drop-D fingerpicking. Nicely recorded as well. I wonder how many of us CB1100 riders are guitarists as well... - KvdV
Yeah, that's me (in open D tuning). There's bound to be a few other pickers here on the forum. Glad you liked the recording.
 
Guth_imp said:
kvdv_imp said:
Hey Guth...is that YOU on the guitar? Seriously nice playing, sir, whoever it is. I love me some drop-D fingerpicking. Nicely recorded as well. I wonder how many of us CB1100 riders are guitarists as well... - KvdV
Yeah, that's me (in open D tuning). There's bound to be a few other pickers here on the forum. Glad you liked the recording.
Yeah, that's me (in open D tuning). There's bound to be a few other pickers here on the forum. Glad you liked the recording.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I dabble, not near that accomplished though :)
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Looked great full screen. Man it was nice sitting behind a Vetter again. I swear I could feel the slight push from the back I used to feel. How majestic is that mountain? Unbelieveably cool.

Good job guys.
The views along that road are great from a car, but they are awesome when experienced on a motorcycle. In a sense, that sums up riding in general: you can travel down road in a car, but riding that same road on a motorcycle is like applying the "awesome filter" to the overall experience. I really like seeing things from husky385's perspective here featuring other riders in the video.

If you're ever out this way again we'll have to plan to do some riding.
 
Outstanding thanks for sharing...
 
The ferret_imp said:
Looked great full screen. Man it was nice sitting behind a Vetter again. I swear I could feel the slight push from the back I used to feel. How majestic is that mountain? Unbelieveably cool.

Good job guys.
Yes it feels good behind the fairing, especially on a nimble bike like the 1100.

When I came around that corner and saw Mt Hood I gasped at how beautiful it is.
Guth_imp said:
kvdv_imp said:
Hey Guth...is that YOU on the guitar? Seriously nice playing, sir, whoever it is. I love me some drop-D fingerpicking. Nicely recorded as well. I wonder how many of us CB1100 riders are guitarists as well... - KvdV
Yeah, that's me (in open D tuning). There's bound to be a few other pickers here on the forum. Glad you liked the recording.
Yeah, that's me (in open D tuning). There's bound to be a few other pickers here on the forum. Glad you liked the recording.
Guth I'm glad I didn't record any sound. Thank you for the outstanding pickin and honoring my video with it.:worship:

It was a pleasure to ride with everyone there.
Kevin
Thank you all for the compliments. Nothing special on my part all I did was turn the cam on and ride.
Kevin
 
Thread starter
Kevin, I'm so glad that you had your action cam going for that stretch of the ride. I figured out that my battery had died after lunch, just as we were getting ready to pull out of Parkdale. I didn't want to hold things up any longer so I didn't mess with changing out batteries until the next time we stopped. I was bummed about it until I saw the video you managed to capture. :thumbsup:
 
Very nice! Great music for a stunning ride! Kevin thanks for coming up from Eugene and bringing your nephew John. I glad I got a chance to talk with you both about Port Orford.
Jon Z
 
Lovely.
I guess I'll need to enlist the help of a videographer and music editor for the Eureka Springs Rally :)
 
Bill, What software do you use for editing? I am playing with movie maker in windows 10. I need to do a lot of playing before I try to post any video.

I think I might go up the McKenzie this Sunday and take the the scenic byway ( highway 242). I'll video it and take pictures. I hope it will be clear up on top because the views are stunning and would like to share them with all of you.
Kevin
 
Thread starter
husky385_imp said:
Bill, What software do you use for editing? I am playing with movie maker in windows 10. I need to do a lot of playing before I try to post any video.

I think I might go up the McKenzie this Sunday and take the the scenic byway ( highway 242). I'll video it and take pictures. I hope it will be clear up on top because the views are stunning and would like to share them with all of you.
Kevin
I'm using GoPro's software that came with my camera, I don't believe I've ever tried anything else. I haven't played around with video as much as I initially imagined that I would. Still, I love outcomes like the one in this thread.

Your planned ride sounds like a great video project, I hope you're able to post up some results as I'll be looking forward to it.
 
^^^ What he said!
 
Excellent combo!

Guth, you are quite the axe handler! I play a bit myself, but if I were to do the soundtrack on a motorcycle video, it would have to be a kind of shaky, out of focus video :P . Nice job!
 
Back
Top