Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
. Or is that an exhaust singe?
I have mentioned it on here before, but I cannot stress how good the Motoport Air Mesh jackets are in the heat.redbirds_imp said:The common summer riding gear for most cruiser riders in south Georgia are cut-off jeans, T-shirt or denim vest, novelty helmet and sneakers. Having had the unpleasant experience of sliding on asphalt it makes me cringe when I see one so clad on the road. I also admit that on extremely hot days I will wear a long sleeve shirt (not as abrasion protection but as a sun block) as the heat and humidity are too much to take with any riding jacket. Riding while wearing the shirt, I always feel uneasy and it's not something I often do. Anyway, riding with the gear or not is still more risk than many folks would be willing to take and non riders think we're all crazy for riding at all.
My younger brother recently gave up riding. He runs his own guitar repair business and has decided the risks are too great that he could be injured and not able to work. He recently tuned 60 and I fully understand his concerns.
You are not going to eat them lolDharma_Jones93_imp said:ATGATT. The folks I ride with get so annoyed, they're ready to go while I'm strapping on this or that. I've occasionally ridden without a jacket, but as others have mentioned its just uncomfortable. Like driving without my seatbelt, I just don't feel protected. Mesh helps in summer. Boots and gloves are a huge must for me. I ride to hiking destinations so I often bring my hiking boots but always change on arrival. I have a scorpion exo900, so its full face or 3/4 depending on how hot it is.
I will make a correction, I don't own any riding pants. I have rain pants but they are much too warm for my commute and don't have any armor (though they are very thick textile, I would say significantly more protection than standard leather chaps). Any suggestions on an affordable, 3 season pant that can be worn over jeans (I'm vegan, so textile is a must, but all suggestions welcome)?
I saw a young couple at a gas station fueling up their bike other day here in LA. What I noticed, (besides her being easy on the eyes) was that the girl was very concerned with getting enough sunblock on her legs before they got back on the bike..... all she had on was a t-shirt, cowboy boots and hot pants!redbirds_imp said:The common summer riding gear for most cruiser riders in south Georgia are cut-off jeans, T-shirt or denim vest, novelty helmet and sneakers. Having had the unpleasant experience of sliding on asphalt it makes me cringe when I see one so clad on the road. I also admit that on extremely hot days I will wear a long sleeve shirt (not as abrasion protection but as a sun block) as the heat and humidity are too much to take with any riding jacket. Riding while wearing the shirt, I always feel uneasy and it's not something I often do. Anyway, riding with the gear or not is still more risk than many folks would be willing to take and non riders think we're all crazy for riding at all.
My younger brother recently gave up riding. He runs his own guitar repair business and has decided the risks are too great that he could be injured and not able to work. He recently tuned 60 and I fully understand his concerns.
