Added lights

Swartzracer_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Have any of the fellow CB owners added lights to the front of there bike? I have been thinking about it. If you did. Did you wire them to a separate switch or keyed? Thanks guys!
 
I asked the same question a few weeks ago and no one answered that they had installed any. I'm probably going to install something for safety. On my other Honda I installed a Fuzeblock. (That's the brand name) I wired Denali driving lights (mounted down low on the front fender bolts) to that, so that they come on whenever the key was on. No need for a switch. You can also wire lights directly to the battery, but then you'd need an in-line fuse and a switch.
 
I have added Skene Design photon blasters for safety lighting up front. Wired direct to output switch wire in headlight bucket. They are not lights for additional illumination for night driving but for safety illumination they are great.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Elipten_imp said:
I have added Skene Design photon blasters for safety lighting up front. Wired direct to output switch wire in headlight bucket. They are not lights for additional illumination for night driving but for safety illumination they are great.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Are they effective against cloaked Romulan vessels? Assuming you can scan them, of course...
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Elipten_imp said:
I have added Skene Design photon blasters for safety lighting up front. Wired direct to output switch wire in headlight bucket. They are not lights for additional illumination for night driving but for safety illumination they are great.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Are they effective against cloaked Romulan vessels? Assuming you can scan them, of course...
Are they effective against cloaked Romulan vessels? Assuming you can scan them, of course...
From what I've heard, only Klingons. :D
 
Hyperlites Hyperwhites, mounted to the front reflectors with supplied double sided tape and tapped into spare power wire in headlight shell. Hyperlites red leds mounted to a license plate bracket and a Backoff black license plate frame with one led bar , all connected as tail and brake lights. Tapping into the existing wiring is tight but doable using positaps. Caution, if using a dual led bar license plate frame, the top led bar will block the white license plate light from lighting the plate.
 
I'm ready to make a purchase, especially for the fronts....should I get amber/yellow or white?
 
White required by law unless using as turn signal supplement. I have tried both Skene Design photon blasters and the hyper brites. I much prefer the Skene Design products, more expensive but much better quality.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Swartzracer_imp said:
Have any of the fellow CB owners added lights to the front of there bike? I have been thinking about it. If you did. Did you wire them to a separate switch or keyed? Thanks guys!
Yes I have added a pair of 10 watt LEDS to my bike. I like them a lot. I wired them direct to the battery on their own switch. Not keyed.

84d349e16cf9f5ba3ad607faaa9211ea.jpg


e10650c8f9de15283fdb7d1632a6b89b.jpg


And God said, let there be light.

c13bacff8cdf792b3a72b542882aa749.jpg


0cf7370ead5e22620ebbfc7d3733a805.jpg


I have since turned the lights down and out to see our deer here better.
 
Where did you get the mounting brackets? Did you have to use longer bolts?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There is some statements by riders that head light modulation works well at presenting deer events. I have had the same experience.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Nice job OLe. They look great :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I like the additional running lights for daytime visibility purposes.
I rarely ride at night and would have them mainly for that purpose - and I'm I'm interested in the mounting brackets too.
 
Elipten_imp said:
Where did you get the mounting brackets? Did you have to use longer bolts?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There is some statements by riders that head light modulation works well at presenting deer events. I have had the same experience.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I made my own mounting brackets out of some stock aluminum that was in my bolt pail. It involved a sawsall, a vice, and a BFH. (big freaking hammer)
Yes, I needed longer caliper bolts. Found them in my bolt pail also but am sure your local hardware store stocks them. I used loctite and those puppies are not going anywhere,,,,,,
 
I have a 12v outlet up by the bars wired hot to the battery (can be used to charge battery, power small air compressor). Anyway, off this power source I have switch for aux lights...............makes for a clean installation.
 
Short Timer_imp said:
Those look really good, OLE. Nice job with the mounts! Where did you place your switch?
The pushbutton switch was supplied with sticky tape. I stuck it in front of the shock. Very easy to reach down and "tap" it.

d906bf98570edae97faca5b853a9881f.jpg


And the Powerlet is for my heated vest, air comp, cell phone etc., and any other thing that needs charging. The best place for that was my left side as that is where my heated vest cord is located.

276d1aedcb15e182aef8e57d539ef003.jpg


I ran the Powerlet direct to the battery. So I dont need the key switch on.
 
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE]

I made my own mounting brackets out of some stock aluminum that was in my bolt pail. It involved a sawsall, a vice, and a BFH. (big freaking hammer)
Yes, I needed longer caliper bolts. Found them in my bolt pail also but am sure your local hardware store stocks them. I used loctite and those puppies are not going anywhere,,,,,,
[/QUOTE]

I suspected that the brackets might be home made.
Well done again :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
I have a pair of similar lights on my Honda NT and will also get a pair for my CB. I have it wired directly to my Fuzeblock so they come on as long as the key is on. They're not aimed in anyone's eyes so I figured why not have them on all the time? That way I won't forget to turn them on, nor will I accidentally leave them on in the garage and kill the battery.

Look up "Denali" lights. They are not cheap, but very well made and the kit comes with brackets and several sets of longer bolts.
 
Back
Top