2026 Heartland Rally 8/29-9/5, 2026 Official Thread

emptysea

Road warrior
Thread starter
As of this moment, it appears that my wife Cheryl and I will be hosting the 2026 rally in the Driftless Area of Wisconsin.  The official rally dates are scheduled for Sunday, August 29 - Saturday, September 5, 2026.  The precise base camp location has not yet been determined, but you can use Spring Green, Wisconsin as your destination for early planning.  

This article has little (actually nothing) to  do with motorcycling, but it was in Saturday's Wall Street Journal and has some nice things to say about the area in which the rally will be held.   In it, they mention Taliesin, Frank Lloyd Wright's famed home and studio, which is within 10 minutes of our likely base camp.  I hope it's readable.

XwuY9Cs.jpg



All I'm asking now is for you to mark your calendars, schedule the repack of your trailer bearings, and maybe drop a comment below letting me know if you are planning on attending the the rally.   

Thank you!
 
I doubt if a CB 100 (see side cover) would even pull that beast
 
Thread starter
Well, the side cover and tank logo could be upgraded, too. Chat GBT can only do so much on its own. I'm working on having a similar image, but the cow and bike are flying off a giant cheese wedge. LOL we'll see how that comes out.


update - it didn't come out good. cow got bigger, cheese ramp was backward. back to the drawing board.

BTW: I don't really think we're using a cow on a CB1100 on the t-shirt, but you never know....

So. Who's coming to Wisconsin, or at least not NOT coming to Wisconsin, for the 2026 Rally??

Cormanus..... time to revisit the USA. I might be able to set you up on a CB1100 for the week, even.
 
emptysea said:
misterprofessionality said:
Let me know if you need t-shirt design help now that have some experience in the field ?


I was thinking of a logo that looked something like this, but with a "fitter and trimmer" cow -- this one hits too close to home. 

s2zoIlW.png

I was only 10% thinking I'd go...but if THIS is gonna be the t-shirt?  Bump that to 50-50!!  I've been sick for a week and needed a good laugh. 

Maybe put an undersized leather motorcycle jacket on the cow?  Be kind of coldly ironic.
 
I know its a long way out, but I cant imagine missing this one. Really enjoyed the roads in the Dells last time we rode there
 
I'm predicting I will be there, however I probably won't be able to make the whole week.
 
[quote="emptysea" pid='271251' dateline='1759858817']
So. Who's coming to Wisconsin, or at least not NOT coming to Wisconsin, for the 2026 Rally??

Cormanus..... time to revisit the USA. I might be able to set you up on a CB1100 for the week, even.
[/QUOTE]

What a generous offer, MTC. Many thanks. And that T-shirt design! However, sadly, late August - early September is not a good time for me to travel. Unless some things changes dramatically, I'll ask you to record my apology.
 
Thread starter
Ok. This is probably our lodging for the rally. The Round Barn Lodge in Spring Green, WI. They’re holding a block of 20 rooms for us The rates are, I think, similar to Kingsport — $101.00+tax for a King room/$118.00+tax for a room with 2 Queens. There are other room options available including a “family suite” but they will not get the group rate.

I need to double check on the pet policy for our favorite canine rider, but that would be the only possible drawback to this hotel. More on this later. In the meantime, here’s the link to the hotel so you all can check it out.

Round Barn Lodge
 
MTC, using your provided link, scroll down to Family Friendly Comfort and then Show more. It says no pets or smoking allowed in the building.
 
Lord Popgun said:
MTC,  using your provided link, scroll down to Family Friendly Comfort and then Show more.  It says no pets or smoking allowed in the building.

Dang. I was gonna put my dog on the CB next year... but thankfully he doesn't smoke  :cool:


[attachment=807]
 

Attachments

  • Ollie Beer.webp
    Ollie Beer.webp
    334.8 KB · Views: 154
Thread starter
Lord Popgun said:
MTC,  using your provided link, scroll down to Family Friendly Comfort and then Show more.  It says no pets or smoking allowed in the building.

I know this.  I also know that policies change faster than websites and I believe in the process of friendly persuasion.   I have reached out directly to the owner to see if any accommodation can be made in this case. I sent a pic of Hank in his sidecar to her to appeal to her emotions.  We will see how it works.    In the meantime, I continue to check for pet-friendly accommodations in the area.
 
Thread starter
emptysea said:
Ok.  This is probably our lodging for the rally.  The Round Barn Lodge in Spring Green, WI.  They’re holding a block of 20 rooms for us The rates are, I think, similar to Kingsport — $101.00+tax for a King room/$118.00+tax for a room with 2 Queens.  There are other room options available including a “family suite” but they will not get the group rate. 

I need to double check on the pet policy for our favorite canine rider, but that would be the only possible drawback to this hotel. More on this later.  In the meantime, here’s the link to the hotel so you all can check it out. 

Round Barn Lodge

From Pam at Round Barn in response to my request:

"We can accommodate Hank and his owner  :)   Let him know that when he calls in his reservation that he lets us know it is him that has Hank ( or if you could give me his name, so I can put it with my paper work)   That way I can get everybody here on the same page that I have accepted this, so that there is no problems."  

So now, Mark and Hank pretty much HAVE to come.  It would be rude not to.   :D

She also let me know that there is a strong possibility that there will be a restaurant and bar located on their property by next summer.  If that happens, it will give us some flexibility on dining options and likely will give those who partake in such things an opportunity to try a Wisconsin brandy old fashioned.  

Cheryl and I plan to stay at Round Barn this fall to check out the facilities firsthand, but the recent Trip Advisor reviews are overwhelmingly positive.  Any minor complaints I saw were from over 3 years ago.  I think this place will serve us very well.
 
Thread starter
I'm a little amped up about the rally. Yes, I know it's 11 months away. I'll try to calm down.

Here's a route that we could do as an all day ride or I could separate it into two rides. The destinations for this ride are WI 33 in and near Wildcat Mountain State Park Wildcat Mountain State Park | Wisconsin DNR and Mindoro Cut Mindoro Cut - Wikipedia. These two roads are the twistiest I know of in Wisconsin. They are not particularly challenging even so, but when you tell people that you rode in the Driftless Area, they may ask if you hit these two stretches. The trip out and back will be pretty and curvy, too, as you will see if you look closely at the map.

Again, I am not used to plotting routes on Google maps in this fashion so I hope it displays my intended route and not some other version.

Google Maps
 
Back
Top