2022 Kawasaki Z650RS

All of this talk of gold wheels... I miss the dark gold color of the wheels on my CB300R, and the gold wheels on the Z650RS really speak to me.

I'm in an interesting place with wheels. A few weekends ago, the front right corner of my car was very lightly sideswiped. The clear bra on the fender and bumper kept the body from incurring any real damage, and it cleaned up as new. My front wheel was badly scraped however. These particular wheels in their specific color are unobtanium now. I found a shop who will powder coat all of the wheels any color I like, repairing the damaged one in the process.

I'm going for some shade of gold.
 
peterbaron said:
Cormanus said:
Why did you think you could get a red one?

Read the first 3 lines in post #140.
The salesman was told right up front.
:dodgy:

Sometimes I think the salesmen themselves don't really know, or don't research it fully.

I was curious so looking at the Canadian Kawasaki site: 

Kawasaki Z650RS | Modern Retro Sport Motorcycle

I see that the ebony/gold is the (only?) option for '25 and the red is the color for '24:

1399e9f7-e18b-48ee-bbbb-5f7d87c707d6.jpg


IF that's the the case, maybe search for a leftover '24.  It seems to me official websites for different makes publicize what they will offer for a given year up front; but they don't always have multiple color options available straight away.  

I hope I'm mistaken for your sake and that a '25 red is available, but we are in August already--if red were an option, I'd think the Kawi web site would show that.

For my Kawasaki '21 w800 blue that I bought new September of '23, I looked high and low for a new one.  There were a number of red ones, but I was adamant about blue.  From my searches across the whole of the U.S., I may have found the last new blue one available.  Fortune would have it that it was tucked away in the back of a small dealership in a rural area of n. Washington.  5 hour drive to pick it up, and they were happy to "get rid" of it.

edit: 2026 models aren't too far away; maybe a red will be an option soon. I've seen Kawasaki have some decent "Christmas / New Year sales" for new up-coming models the last few years.
 
Thread starter
I currently have a price match offer (almost identical) from two different Kawi dealers in Montreal, Quebec. 
I'm also working on an offer/price match with a Kawi dealer in Ontario and am waiting for their final response. 
The distance to each dealer varies within a range of +/- 80 km.
RED Z650RS, no sabstitute.
 
Hope your birthday dream is fulfilled, PB!

Z650RS
MSRP $8,899 USA + $665 shipping
48 lb-ft, 67 HP
383.7# dry, 412.3# wet
3.2 gallon tank
31.5” seat height
4.9” ground clearance (exhaust under frame)

Reminds me of my search in the mid-nineties for a bike.  I liked the Zephyr 1100, but it was discontinued by the time I was ready.

In late 2002, with good memories of my CB750F, I had a Honda Nighthawk in my sights.  2002 was black and 2003 was red.  I was in the mood for black, but no 2002s left and 2003 ended the model.
47 lb-ft, 75 HP
463# dry
4.8 gallon tank
30.9” seat height
5.5” ground clearance (4 into 1 exhaust)
124 MPH
That is when I turned my attention to Sportsters, buying the last two years of the motor rigid mounted to the frame. 

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!
 

Attachments

  • K-2003 Harley-Davidson Sportster XLH883-7 Jun 03 at 6K miles.webp
    K-2003 Harley-Davidson Sportster XLH883-7 Jun 03 at 6K miles.webp
    229.3 KB · Views: 44
  • J-2002 Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200 Sport-18 Jan 05.webp
    J-2002 Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200 Sport-18 Jan 05.webp
    288.6 KB · Views: 44
Congratulations, peterbaron. I'm sure others will join me in looking forward to a ride report.
 
Hey congrats pb. What a beautiful motorcycle. Glad you finally got one. Yes a ride report is in order
 
Absolutely spectacular. A great motorcycle for a great Forum member we all admire and respect. Nicely done. David
 
Congratulations, my friend. That is a very beautiful motorcycle and well worth waiting for. Happy riding. :biker: :clap: :celebrate:
 
Thread starter
Thanks everyone.

A loooong ride report is coming soon.

Had some problems with a stupid red light coming on that was not associated with any other icons or warning lights... went off and then it came back on, and had a feeling as if the bike was rough running or misfiring... 0 kms on the clock, never been ridden by a dealer before delivery.
After one kilometer I made a u-turn and rode back home, then decided to not to give up and rode again... and again the red light came back on but had a feeling that the bike is running smoother.
Got upset but didnt give up on that stupid red light, engine tempt ok, everything else ok...so decided to keep riding dispite of that red light.
After 10 kms made a u-turn again and was heading home. Stopped the bike and analized the situation on the road... reved up to 6K, shut off the engine and restarted it...and the red light's never returned since. Rode 70 km and stopped for a coffe. Came back home. No red light at all.
So, today I made 90 miles.
At the begining I was thinking about a tight valve, but then, logically thinking,  I should get a MIL light on.... anyhow, she's good now.
The owners manual say 87 OR or higher.
At this moment it looks like I can ride about 300 kms without refueling, cluster info says fuel consumption 23.7kms/1L which indicates 4L/100 kms, good.
So far I kept bike's rpm under 6000 but mostly 5000, once it went to 7000 :heart:
Looks like 12050 rpm is normal.
Tommorow will take her on the hwy  :excited:

VNc8wM9.jpg


NVfKJTP.jpg


DOa1EVj.jpg


ueQPmsR.jpg

3hhZeDY.jpg


3dL9tK7.jpg


ipqqE23.jpg
 
Thread starter
Alain, THANK YOU for the transport and safe return home.
Allain borrowed his son's Toyota truck and a trailer from a friend...then had to return the trailer and drve +-300 kms round trip.
What a wonderfull support, Alain!!
:worship: :thanks:
 
Back
Top