2022 Kawasaki Z650RS

Thread starter
My 2024 Z650RS was made in Malaysia
I wouldn't be myself if I didnt remove some trims+ to look inside in case of minor road emergency.
I already ordered USB charger and then, I will have to remove the gas tank, 2 bolts and a high pressure fuel line disconnection.
The headlamp bucket does not have any B+ outlet at all, only 4 connectors there , 2 for L & R turn signals and an LED sockets.

CL3urAt.jpg


VNc8wM9.jpg

Cluster, gauges and clock are very easy to read. The speedo has no miles, so most likely US version has no kms...

QLMMogP.jpg
All cluster setting can be done by thumb and while holding the handle bar

au8iMXW.jpg


Very easy acces to the battery^, after swinging aside an electric box that sits on top of it

Kr0PSG5.jpg



Yvungyy.jpg

I already secured the seat cable by inserting a piece of hard sponge

epMi4lI.jpg

Simple tool kit

WL8LACk.jpg

Easy access to the starter motor

4oO5LtP.jpg

L-top is a B+ outlet....coolant overflow and rear brake reservoirs

ro1WEaS.jpg

Water pump..???

vficUcK.jpg
Engine oil level sight glass

BWE19ox.jpg

Some specs...


s4hlDT0.jpg


Love this tire

Cqka0kg.jpg



rPpNTQx.jpg

The chain slack can be adjusted while on the side stand


3YDa9Gz.jpg

Easy access to drain engine oil

The oad report is coming next week, so far I clocked 680 kms
:biker:
 
Good details of the new ride...I feel like I was at the dealership checking the bike out. The speedometer w/out the miles on it looks so clean. The CB1100ex looks especially busy with both kilometers and miles, and the funky font they used. I'd like to have one or the other--don't care which--but not both.
 
Peter, please stop showing pictures of Z650, it too tempting for me!
Seriously, looks like an ideal mid-range motorcycle to carve the twisties.
 
Thread starter
Mike, you must get the red one asap...cuz you love it!
Also MiLord, it's time to trade in your ST for Z650RS...and our mile-crocodile Ferret should replace his Angry Bird with Kawi as well... :D :P  :)

ipqqE23.jpg

:beerchug:
 
peterbaron said:
Mike, you must get the red one asap...cuz you love it!
Also MiLord, it's time to trade in your ST for Z650RS...and our mile-crocodile Ferret should replace his Angry Bird with Kawi as well... :D :P  :)

ipqqE23.jpg

:beerchug:

Haven't worn out the CB or Angry Bird yet.... only 142,500 miles between them
 
Thread starter
Today,  I picked up my Service manual, cost CAD135, tax in.
Cannot order online, cannot find online P/N, had to write to HQ and they provided a strange P/N, then rode to a Kawi dealer to order and pay for it...and finaly after a few days I got it.

9Uwao9B.jpg


842v5vU.jpg


ClO6rvS.jpg



..and there we go again, same like our CB, mickey-mouse diagrams, but better something than nothing

CzOxHTl.jpg
 
Nicely done! I applaud the dedication and persistence. For me, the service manual is as important as the set of keys. I am an old man whose family grew up wrenching because we could not afford a dealership mark up!

Congrats on the new motorcycle. Between the two you own, you have two super nice motorcycles which are well built with solid engineering.

The only thing else I think you may need is a 3rd motorcycle. The number "3" is considered a good number in almost all cultures, associated with optimism, creativity, and curiosity. :) David
 
I'm already looking forward to your getting one, PB.

rdprdp01 said:
... you may need is a 3rd motorcycle. The number "3" is considered a good number in almost all cultures, associated with optimism, creativity, and curiosity. :)

I tried that line of reasoning over breakfast. She's still laughing. :cry:
 
Indeed nice looking bike. Visually reminds me of my 77 KZ 1000 which was maroon and gold. Great bike. My only Kawasaki out of 30 something motorcycles.

At 75 yo I’m thinking I have one more bike purchase in me, and Im thinking a 26 NC 750x DCT if Honda is still making them. If not I’ll look for a lightly used 2025. My 21 750 DCT has sold me!


At 75 yo I’m thinking I have one more bike purchase in me, and Im thinking a 26 NC 750x DCT if Honda is still making them. If not I’ll look for a lightly used 2025.  My 21 750 DCT has sold me!
 
the Ferret said:
At 75 yo I’m thinking I have one more bike purchase in me, and Im thinking a 26 NC 750x DCT if Honda is still making them. If not I’ll look for a lightly used 2025.  My 21 750 DCT has sold me!

Have you already whipped that thing so thoroughly that you need a replacement?
 
Not quite I have 64,000 miles on mine now. Figure at about 80K I'll start looking for a replacement. A 26 model would take me until I'm 80 years old at least.
 
Keep the endorsements coming for that NC750x, Ferret. Much as I'd love a Z650RS, my current life would dictate that my next bike be more like that NC.
 
Mr. Ferret,

I am quite certain you have another 200,000 miles left to ride an at least 2 more motorcycles. It would not surprise me if you, your next ride, and the odometer shared a centennial moment together. With greatest respect, David
 
the Ferret said:
Not quite I have 64,000 miles on mine now. Figure at about 80K I'll start looking for a replacement. A 26 model would take me until I'm 80 years old at least.

I remember when you were hoping that you would still be able to ride at 70...now it's 80!  Very good to hear.
 
pdedse said:
the Ferret said:
Not quite I have 64,000 miles on mine now. Figure at about 80K I'll start looking for a replacement. A 26 model would take me until I'm 80 years old at least.

I remember when you were hoping that you would still be able to ride at 70...now it's 80!  Very good to hear.


It's good news, isn't it?  :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
I just finished insalling the Koso Apollo heated grips with 5-level settings.
The heated grips tubes were a very tight fit to the handlebar, so there was no need for glue.
Here are a few pics:

j3Nd34X.jpg


o34ERqd.jpg

I used a screwdriver and a few drops of oil to remove the OEM rubber grips

rLd9N4Y.jpg


xJqZZeI.jpg

Accessory connector under the seat was B+ power supply, when the ign is OFF = heated grips don't work, but the ground wire is directly connected to the battery negative terminal.

uV4Zq3Z.jpg

I used a 2x2 to raise the gas tank to run the main harness to the headlight bucket

PI6Bkf2.jpg

I placed all the connectors, balck and white in the middle and the rectangular modul with 5A fuse on the right side, inside the headlight bucked for ease of servicing

tCnF1lo.jpg
 
Back
Top