2018 CB1100RS

Cormanus_imp said:
One of the the nice things about the new RS colour scheme is the loss of the gold on the springs and front forks.
Nope, the European model RS is the same as last year, gold and all. It just has a different colour tank (a lighter gray than shown here).

See the link provided by alprider.
 
jedd_imp said:
looks like the '17 Tokyo Motor Show model is officially released w/ that new sparkly gray color for 2018's RS.

0b66ff7a88a1aeefd24915410f0ad731.jpg


From the young-machine.com japanese site:
Quote:New color in new appeared in CB1100RS in the 2017 model year has been added. Traditional black, heavy gray metallic -U that appeared in addition to the red is unified in black also each cover also the front and rear suspension also swing arm of the engine. Price's released on December 21 in the same 1,378,080 yen and other color.
a85c69ef1f40e1c85e8a453b9011547c.jpg


d6f070f08384e9a56a407ba83b209f84.jpg
3acc8b5d505c5d740f9fffba018b3707.jpg


a76eb56421a4ffc7f21060d03828eca5.jpg

jedd_imp said:
The new RS color's now officially posted:
大型ロードスポーツモデル「CB1100 RS」により重厚感を高めたモノトーン調のカラーリングを新たに追加し発売 | Honda 企業情報サイト

Quote:Heavy Gray Metallic - U, black paint is applied to the cylinder head cover and the crankcase cover, and low contrast center stripe is applied to the fuel tank, and brown color which reflects the color of the body color of the monotone is adopted as the color of the seat skin. In addition, by applying black painting / alumite processing to each part around the foot such as front and rear suspension and brake caliper, we produce a calm and sophisticated image.
030509e0aed84204d7dc0754655926df.jpg
eb4197930ab67daa7440b4a5b5ff9682.jpg

Nortoon_imp said:
0f1d2417afc0628a50ea1917dd4c3880.png


The blue looks great!
However I still prefer the all aluminum motor.
The silver side panels look out of place.
Either blue to match the tank.
Or black to disappear into the frame and seat.
I love these colours :thumbsup:
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
That heavy metal sparky grey is captivating. The blue is good too, but the blue needs the matching side covers.
Agree, blue tank with black or blue covers, and heavy metal sparky grey catches your eye right away.
 
I'm puzzled by the style Honda is trying to achieve.
This is a 'retro' 'bike - Honda themselves say that they've gone back to the simplified, 'air-cooled' style. But then they try to drag it all up to ultra-modern, current styling. That's not to say that I don't like the colourways, just not on THIS 'bike.
There will be guys who love this, undoubtedly. It's just Honda not following through on a concept that was retro to begin with but is now "lost".
These cannot be 'sports' 'bikes, not with that unstressed 89bhp engine, so why an 'RS' version?
And in this 50th Anniversary Year of the CB750, why not a version that nods back to that model - a true 'retro' option. I mean, if Whitehouse can do it, Honda could do it even better!
(Stands back and waits for the flak!! :) )
 
Ford came out with a rather sporty Thunderbird a few years back. It was not a sports car but then it was not a staid LTD either. I think the RS is along the same lines. Take our easy riding classic and give her some excitement for those times when a bit of hooliganism is called for but with no pretensions she is a GXR.

For a guy with my limited skill set (and even smaller desire to crash while pushing the limits) it's probably the bees knees.

Think of it as taking a walk on the wide side and ordering your coffee black instead of with the usual cream. :D
 
Yes, I get your point, Rboe. :)
The engines across the model range are identical so it's only the cosmetic appearance that differs (and suspension tweaks - big deal!).
But "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and I wouldn't argue with that..
 
As far as I know the RS has not and won't be available here in the States. So if I want sportiness I"ll have to ride my Griso or maybe just run around with scissors in my hands. Oh the danger! Someone hold me back! :D

The Griso HAS tried to kill me from time to time; which is why she is for sale now. My risk aversion has gone up a notch or two. Your mileage may vary. :)
 
Rboe_imp said:
As far as I know the RS has not and won't be available here in the States. So if I want sportiness I"ll have to ride my Griso or maybe just run around with scissors in my hands. Oh the danger! Someone hold me back! :D

The Griso HAS tried to kill me from time to time; which is why she is for sale now. My risk aversion has gone up a notch or two. Your mileage may vary. :)

:rofl:
 
Rboe_imp said:
As far as I know the RS has not and won't be available here in the States. So if I want sportiness I"ll have to ride my Griso or maybe just run around with scissors in my hands. Oh the danger! Someone hold me back! :D

The Griso HAS tried to kill me from time to time; which is why she is for sale now. My risk aversion has gone up a notch or two. Your mileage may vary. :)
I will never look at the Griso the same way again.
 
Plenty of torque and a rev happy twin. Plus about 100lbs lighter then a CB with a bigger tank and shaft drive. Sure, they’re not as fast as a CB but they’re by no means slow by absolute standards. Plus they actually have an aftermarket, unlike the JP only one for the CB!
 
Bheezy27403_imp said:
Aren't the Guzzi's a little on the anemic side?
Compared to a Hayabusa or some of the race ready KTM's; yes. Otherwise - no. At least the Griso isn't. The motor was used in several models and they all had plenty of grunt. Take a long test ride; say a hundred miles, and many folks become converts.
 
Rboe_imp said:
Bheezy27403_imp said:
Aren't the Guzzi's a little on the anemic side?
Compared to a Hayabusa or some of the race ready KTM's; yes. Otherwise - no. At least the Griso isn't. The motor was used in several models and they all had plenty of grunt. Take a long test ride; say a hundred miles, and many folks become converts.
Compared to a Hayabusa or some of the race ready KTM's; yes. Otherwise - no. At least the Griso isn't. The motor was used in several models and they all had plenty of grunt. Take a long test ride; say a hundred miles, and many folks become converts.
Pm me the mileage and asking price of your Griso. I seem to remember it’s the green Tenni model?
 
Ive ridden a few Moto Guzzis including the Griso. Most are rather laid back powerwise, but the Griso is pretty quick. Like Rboe said not Hyabusa quick, but quicker than say a CB 1100.
 
Oh yeah, missed that we were talking about the Griso. That 1200 is no slouch, and the Griso isn’t that heavy either. It’s too bad it didn’t get the ABS module the Norge/Stelvio did or I’d have one in my garage probably - those Guzzi twins are so happy to rev.
 
Kind of interesting on the CB1100 Forum how members discuss the Griso with delight, but when it comes to a HD, it is strained. And 'bout that CB1100RS ... :)
 
As we've discussed before it's more about the clientele than about the machine
 
It's also about the weight. A Griso is a relative potato chip compared to most Harleys. Combine this fact with the Griso's superior HP and you have a power-to-weight ratio that ruins nearly every Harley.
 
Back
Top