2018 CB1100RS

jedd_imp

Been there
Thread starter
looks like the '17 Tokyo Motor Show model is officially released w/ that new sparkly gray color for 2018's RS.

0b66ff7a88a1aeefd24915410f0ad731.jpg


From the young-machine.com japanese site:
Quote:New color in new appeared in CB1100RS in the 2017 model year has been added. Traditional black, heavy gray metallic -U that appeared in addition to the red is unified in black also each cover also the front and rear suspension also swing arm of the engine. Price's released on December 21 in the same 1,378,080 yen and other color.
a85c69ef1f40e1c85e8a453b9011547c.jpg


d6f070f08384e9a56a407ba83b209f84.jpg
 
Good to see the 2018s announced. I could not get any information from my Honda dealer yesterday about these coming to North America.

I ain't buying an R9T for my next retro bike so I'm gonna keep looking for a 2017 EX somewhere.

No way would I buy that gray and black on the black on the black.

A red 2017 EX or nothing; the bike is way too pretty to stealth up like that.

OTOH if I decide on the CB1000R, well, that bike benefits from being stealthy as it has looks only a "mother" could love. But efficient, yes.
 
My visceral reaction was "wow! that looks great!"

Love the dark fenders and pipes. Is the engine two tone? That darker grey on the tank looks better too.
 
Ulvetanna_imp said:
Good to see the 2018s announced. I could not get any information from my Honda dealer yesterday about these coming to North America.

I ain't buying an R9T for my next retro bike so I'm gonna keep looking for a 2017 EX somewhere.

No way would I buy that gray and black on the black on the black.

A red 2017 EX or nothing; the bike is way too pretty to stealth up like that.

OTOH if I decide on the CB1000R, well, that bike benefits from being stealthy as it has looks only a "mother" could love. But efficient, yes.

Ulvetanna, I see a 2017 EX on the web page of the dealer here in Albuquerque, stock #V17143. https://hondaabq.com/New/Current-Offers?page=4 I got mine for a price even better than that. PM me if interested. 3rdbike
 
I like the silver/grey color scheme. However, there's no guarantee that that will be the color scheme for the US bikes, is there?
 
3rdbike_imp said:
Ulvetanna_imp said:
Good to see the 2018s announced. I could not get any information from my Honda dealer yesterday about these coming to North America.

I ain't buying an R9T for my next retro bike so I'm gonna keep looking for a 2017 EX somewhere.

No way would I buy that gray and black on the black on the black.

A red 2017 EX or nothing; the bike is way too pretty to stealth up like that.

OTOH if I decide on the CB1000R, well, that bike benefits from being stealthy as it has looks only a "mother" could love. But efficient, yes.

Ulvetanna, I see a 2017 EX on the web page of the dealer here in Albuquerque, stock #V17143. https://hondaabq.com/New/Current-Offers?page=4 I got mine for a price even better than that. PM me if interested. 3rdbike
Thanks for that! Taking a look now.:thumbsup:


Ulvetanna, I see a 2017 EX on the web page of the dealer here in Albuquerque, stock #V17143. https://hondaabq.com/New/Current-Offers?page=4 I got mine for a price even better than that. PM me if interested. 3rdbike
 
I like any color that's visible, or, the rider wearing a yellow helmet and vest. A study showed that drivers see us with their eyes but their brain does not take note of what it saw. All it takes is one thought or distraction and we become secondary.
 
:s I don't know exactly where Honda is drawing their inspiration from when it comes to this bike these days.

To me, it seems that they are straying further from their own roots while incorporating elements from other manufacturers. The two-tone engines are right out of the BSA/Norton/Triumph playbook. While the jelly bean tanks are more akin to vintage Ducati bikes. The only Honda that I'm reminded of by this particular model is the old 500T with it's brown seat (personally that would be one of the last picks from Honda''s archives that I would want to replicate.)
 
No thanks, I'll keep my '14.
Don't care for the seat colour, grey paint and black engine covers.
But what may come to our shores remains to be seen.
 
Guth_imp said:
:s I don't know exactly where Honda is drawing their inspiration from when it comes to this bike these days.

To me, it seems that they are straying further from their own roots while incorporating elements from other manufacturers. The two-tone engines are right out of the BSA/Norton/Triumph playbook. While the jelly bean tanks are more akin to vintage Ducati bikes. The only Honda that I'm reminded of by this particular model is the old 500T with it's brown seat (personally that would be one of the last picks from Honda''s archives that I would want to replicate.)

Or.... a ton of Honda’s from 30-35 years ago......




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Guth_imp said:
:s I don't know exactly where Honda is drawing their inspiration from when it comes to this bike these days.

To me, it seems that they are straying further from their own roots while incorporating elements from other manufacturers. The two-tone engines are right out of the BSA/Norton/Triumph playbook. While the jelly bean tanks are more akin to vintage Ducati bikes. The only Honda that I'm reminded of by this particular model is the old 500T with it's brown seat (personally that would be one of the last picks from Honda''s archives that I would want to replicate.)

Or.... a ton of Honda’s from 30-35 years ago......




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or.... a ton of Honda’s from 30-35 years ago......
Sure enough, I looked back at Honda's from that period. While I didn't come up with a ton of examples there were a few. It seems that I found those particular bikes rather forgettable.
 
Thread starter
The new RS color's now officially posted:
大型ロードスポーツモデル「CB1100 RS」により重厚感を高めたモノトーン調のカラーリングを新たに追加し発売 | Honda 企業情報サイト

Quote:Heavy Gray Metallic - U, black paint is applied to the cylinder head cover and the crankcase cover, and low contrast center stripe is applied to the fuel tank, and brown color which reflects the color of the body color of the monotone is adopted as the color of the seat skin. In addition, by applying black painting / alumite processing to each part around the foot such as front and rear suspension and brake caliper, we produce a calm and sophisticated image.
030509e0aed84204d7dc0754655926df.jpg
 
0f1d2417afc0628a50ea1917dd4c3880.png


The blue looks great!
However I still prefer the all aluminum motor.
The silver side panels look out of place.
Either blue to match the tank.
Or black to disappear into the frame and seat.
 
jedd_imp said:
The new RS color's now officially posted:
大型ロードスポーツモデル「CB1100 RS」により重厚感を高めたモノトーン調のカラーリングを新たに追加し発売 | Honda 企業情報サイト

Quote:Heavy Gray Metallic - U, black paint is applied to the cylinder head cover and the crankcase cover, and low contrast center stripe is applied to the fuel tank, and brown color which reflects the color of the body color of the monotone is adopted as the color of the seat skin. In addition, by applying black painting / alumite processing to each part around the foot such as front and rear suspension and brake caliper, we produce a calm and sophisticated image.
030509e0aed84204d7dc0754655926df.jpg
It appears that is the Japanese model only, the European RS is lighter gray and is the same as last year other than the tank colour.
a7f0ede50a3d974132388a9010d0f0ed.jpg
 
One of the the nice things about the new RS colour scheme is the loss of the gold on the springs and front forks.
 
Cormanus, I don't know if that counts as some sort of silver lining, or in this case simply a "lack of gold" lining, lol.

I am glad to see that Honda stuck with the triangular silver side panels. It is "CB1100 heritage" after all. :D
 
Nortoon_imp said:
0f1d2417afc0628a50ea1917dd4c3880.png


The blue looks great!
However I still prefer the all aluminum motor.
The silver side panels look out of place.
Either blue to match the tank.
Or black to disappear into the frame and seat.
+1

Couldn’t agree more. The all aluminum engine is the best looking configuration, hands down. I simply cannot vibe with the two tone nonsense of the ‘17 and now ‘18 EX. My eye is drawn to it immediately every time, and not in a good way. Looks very tacky to me.

Also never been a fan of the silver sidecovers. My ‘13 was bought with paint matched covers, thankfully. I would have done it myself had the previous owner not already.
 
Back
Top