2017 Honda CB1100 EX Anticipation Thread

Stichill

Road warrior
Thread starter
I'm really looking forward to the release of this model in the US!



From many of the comments made in other threads, it sounds like several people expect this bike to be a slow seller. Maybe yes...but maybe no (if the quantity imported is severely limited).

I've never put a deposit down on a bike (particularly a Japanese bike) ahead of release. I assume there's no point until the MSRP is set and the dealers find out about their allocation? Thoughts welcomed.
 
Oh man, I cannot wait either!
I'm starting to disect and examine each photo and visible part.
Like the step holder is solid now. I wonder why they did that when in the original cb1100 Honda design page they specifically called out that piece and the design elements of its shape, position and style.
Would like to know your expert thoughts on this-
 
If your deposit is refundable, it's worth it to be first in line. If you change your mind due to any reason, no harm, no foul. I did it for the Thruxton R, got the first one in NJ, but could have backed out at any time.

As for how many they sell, what's the diff?. It is a stunning bike, different from the current models, and everyone has opinions, as long as you dig it!
 
Thread starter
CB1100DLX_imp said:
Oh man, I cannot wait either!
I'm starting to disect and examine each photo and visible part.
Like the step holder is solid now. I wonder why they did that when in the original cb1100 Honda design page they specifically called out that piece and the design elements of its shape, position and style.
Would like to know your expert thoughts on this-
:excited:

CB1100DLX_imp said:
Oh man, I cannot wait either!
I'm starting to disect and examine each photo and visible part.
Like the step holder is solid now. I wonder why they did that when in the original cb1100 Honda design page they specifically called out that piece and the design elements of its shape, position and style.
Would like to know your expert thoughts on this-
FWIW, I think it was done to blend in with the RS styling. Then they said "Looks OK on the EX, too. Let's just use one part for both bikes."
Capo_imp said:
If your deposit is refundable, it's worth it to be first in line. If you change your mind due to any reason, no harm, no foul. I did it for the Thruxton R, got the first one in NJ, but could have backed out at any time.

As for how many they sell, what's the diff?. It is a stunning bike, different from the current models, and everyone has opinions, as long as you dig it!
Good to know, thanks! :thumbsup:

Capo_imp said:
If your deposit is refundable, it's worth it to be first in line. If you change your mind due to any reason, no harm, no foul. I did it for the Thruxton R, got the first one in NJ, but could have backed out at any time.

As for how many they sell, what's the diff?. It is a stunning bike, different from the current models, and everyone has opinions, as long as you dig it!
Just trying to gauge popularity at launch...if very popular, they may get snapped up quickly. I'm wondering how many people missed out on the first US go-round, and are ready to pounce now that there's a second chance.
 
Even as a guy strongly bonded to the 2013 styling, I gotta say, that's a very attractive shot. I'm excited to see the new bike in person. Or a photo of one of you with your brand new one would be nice, too!
 
Thread starter
Ha ha! Well, at least I've got all winter to work on getting Mrs. Stichill to go along with the nutty idea that I need three motorcycles! :P
 
I like it. It's got some very good lines. Not fond of the tank, but maybe some gold coach lines (like on an old Norton) would jazz that up for me just right. You know what, paint it shiny black with gold coach lines and it might be stunning.
 
I like it too, although I'm not mad about either the tank or the spokes.

I wish Honda would put a decent sized tank on this bike and significantly increase its range. It's not that I'd ride for longer between stops. I wouldn't. But it would be nice not to have to spend so much time making sure there'll be fuel where I need it.
 
Black with gold would be very nice indeed! Personally, one of the first things I would do is paint the tank or get the Whitehouse k10 tank.

The new tank is supposed to cover 300kms!
 
Thread starter
If this turns out to be either a one-year bike or the swan song of the model...this bike could become quite a collectors' item, like a '63 Corvette split-window coupe.

The tank is sexy like a Jaguar XKSS.

bc126a4126406862fae84a84dadb9823.jpg
 
Thread starter
Reference photo to compare similarities / differences between the 2014 DLX and the 2017 EX.

3126056e6fe59decac134a24f04cfd39.jpg
 
Stichill_imp said:
Reference photo to compare similarities / differences between the 2014 DLX and the 2017 EX.

3126056e6fe59decac134a24f04cfd39.jpg
Thanks for the side by side. I like the new one, but side by side like this, the 2014 still does it for me. One thing I think I need now, after seeing this, is the chrome meter cups. Do they sell them for the 2014? I put them on my 2013 but had to let them go with that bike because they wouldn't fit the new one.
 
Thread starter
Personally I like all of them: the 2013 tank, the 2014 DLX tank, and the 2017 EX tank. I don't have the reaction, "This tank is beautiful; that tank is not."

Where the '17 EX tank with added tumblehome to me is like a curvaceous XKSS, the '13 tank is a '70 Dodge Challenger and the '14 tank is a '70 Mustang Mach 1 - both cars with a more slab-sided aesthetic.



be5da7bbe39f621a70d94df946740ce9.jpg


I like 'em all! :thumbsup:
 
ride4now_imp said:
Stichill_imp said:
Reference photo to compare similarities / differences between the 2014 DLX and the 2017 EX.

3126056e6fe59decac134a24f04cfd39.jpg
Thanks for the side by side. I like the new one, but side by side like this, the 2014 still does it for me. One thing I think I need now, after seeing this, is the chrome meter cups. Do they sell them for the 2014? I put them on my 2013 but had to let them go with that bike because they wouldn't fit the new one.

I got mine from Mr T ..metal, not plastic. I also got a red headlight bucket from him
 
Thanks... I was on his site when the note that you replied to this question popped up. He has it... but $136.00 +- ? Now I'm not so sure...
 
ride4now_imp said:
Stichill_imp said:
Reference photo to compare similarities / differences between the 2014 DLX and the 2017 EX.

3126056e6fe59decac134a24f04cfd39.jpg
Thanks for the side by side. I like the new one, but side by side like this, the 2014 still does it for me. One thing I think I need now, after seeing this, is the chrome meter cups. Do they sell them for the 2014? I put them on my 2013 but had to let them go with that bike because they wouldn't fit the new one.
Thanks for the side by side. I like the new one, but side by side like this, the 2014 still does it for me. One thing I think I need now, after seeing this, is the chrome meter cups. Do they sell them for the 2014? I put them on my 2013 but had to let them go with that bike because they wouldn't fit the new one.
Vote for 2014 DLX
 
The ferret_imp said:
ride4now_imp said:
Thanks... I was on his site when the note that you replied to this question popped up. He has it... but $136.00 +- ? Now I'm not so sure...
Matching bucket and chrome instrument cups...Perfection
Matching bucket and chrome instrument cups...Perfection
Ok, you got me saying 'it's only money'... and they do look good and are easy to install! So maybe there's some Christmas money left over and I can give myself a present... :thanks:
 
Back
Top