2017 CB1100 Revealed

I like the black RS the best, seems to hide the new tank design. The 17" tires better suspension, i guess they do listen to internet chatter.

The only problem is there going to increase the price tag on the GS probably in the 13K range, this would have been fine if they did a overhaul of the motor. This model should have been bored and stroked to separate it from the EX. It would sell if they increased HP into the 105 range ATRW. This would have generated new sales from current owner, more trade ins and opened the CB market. Its a performance handling package without the performance:huh:
 
co6aka_imp said:
The 13-14 models look like geezer bikes, no wonder they had limited appeal. The new ones, esp the black RS, look classic and sexy. They will sell.
Yeah, I think the RS has the best chance of decent sales in the USA, although I suspect many non-geezers will still walk away laughing at the peak HP number.

The Starbucks crowd will still go with an R9T or maybe a thruxton. Sadly the Euro-centrics here will never buy a Japanese bike in my opinion.
 
It looks to me that Honda Japan took notes from the Japanese aftermarket companies in Japan, One company in mind is Ryujin Japan. They have been selling Modified 13cb1100's and calling it the RS with the upgraded suspension,wheels way before Honda came out with the 2017.But Honda's take on the RS is well executed with LED lighting all around, smaller wheels better suspension and aluminum swing arm so in theory it should be a tad quicker than the EX models even with no significant gain in power. This should generate more interest with the millennials and Gen-x motorcyclists, glad Honda Revamp the CB.

Though I agree with Cip, More power on the RS would have been a welcome addition, they are calling it an RS for a reason.
 
With the amount of awesome new bikes being produced Honda needs to really step it up. BMW now has a cheaper version of the nineT in a scrambler package which will sell like crazy.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
I'd love to have the opportunity to see these units in the "flesh" however, from the photo's it isn't love at first sight. The 14 DLX did it for me...she's a dream for old Geezers like me! Just glad to see the CB1100 roll out for 2017.
 
uscgmac_imp said:
With the amount of awesome new bikes being produced Honda needs to really step it up. BMW now has a cheaper version of the nineT in a scrambler package which will sell like crazy.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Sell like crazy? I haven't seen a single RNineT on the road since they came out. I know Triumph Bonnevilles sell well, too, but can't say I've seen more than one or two of those on the road, either. I've seen more very expensive BMW K bikes than I have naked standards. The most thing I've seen is Ninja 250-300, Honda 250-300's, and 600-1000cc sport bikes. Everything else is merely a whisper. I'd love to know what people are doing with these bikes they buy.
 
Thread starter
So I spent the day at the AIM Expo in Orlando today, business, but quite pleasurable! Chatting With some guys in the press center during the CBR1000RR reveal, one of whom was a major domo in Honda Marketing. I asked if he knew if the new CB's will come to the US. His answer was, 'Oh, I know, but if I told you I'd have to kill you.' I took that as a yes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
powerdogg11_imp said:
I'd love to have the opportunity to see these units in the "flesh" however, from the photo's it isn't love at first sight. The 14 DLX did it for me...she's a dream for old Geezers like me! Just glad to see the CB1100 roll out for 2017.
I must say the recent high res picture and especially the recent youtube videos made the bike grow on me.

I still think the tank is not as pretty as the pre 2017 tanks, but even that has grown on me.
In yellow the tank looks much better than in red.
And I see the font type of the gauges it slightly different as well.
The made everything 'italic'. Not a fan of that slight adjustment either

I begin to prefer most of the new stuff that comes with the bike...alu swingarm, side covers, seat, grabrails, led lights, especially the small led blinkers of the RS model.
 
AndyHe_imp said:
Not sure if I'm a fan of the looks. But then again about the only bike I think looks better than my '14 deluxe is a CB1300 Super Bol D'or which is still only available in Japan. Sportier than the CB1100 and a different beast altogether but I'd take it over the CB1100RS any day.

http://www.honda.co.jp/CB1300/common/img/pic-color05.jpg
(from CB1300 | Honda公式サイト)
Agreed. I'd sell my '13 in a second if I had even the slightest chance of getting that red/white/blue 1300. I've never wanted a bike as bad as that model and it sucks it'll probably never come to the states.
 
I like how they made improvements on the bike but I'm not a fan of the fuel tank.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
AzBob_imp said:
uscgmac_imp said:
With the amount of awesome new bikes being produced Honda needs to really step it up. BMW now has a cheaper version of the nineT in a scrambler package which will sell like crazy.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Sell like crazy? I haven't seen a single RNineT on the road since they came out. I know Triumph Bonnevilles sell well, too, but can't say I've seen more than one or two of those on the road, either. I've seen more very expensive BMW K bikes than I have naked standards. The most thing I've seen is Ninja 250-300, Honda 250-300's, and 600-1000cc sport bikes. Everything else is merely a whisper. I'd love to know what people are doing with these bikes they buy.
Sell like crazy? I haven't seen a single RNineT on the road since they came out. I know Triumph Bonnevilles sell well, too, but can't say I've seen more than one or two of those on the road, either. I've seen more very expensive BMW K bikes than I have naked standards. The most thing I've seen is Ninja 250-300, Honda 250-300's, and 600-1000cc sport bikes. Everything else is merely a whisper. I'd love to know what people are doing with these bikes they buy. I said the newer, cheaper scrambler, not the regular nineT. It's a new bike so they may be popping up. It all depends on where you are as well. These bikes (nineT) are all over New York City and the metro area. Same with the Ducati Scrambler and the triumphs, very popular in NYC and surrounding areas. Lots of dealer support in this area for these imports. If someone lives in let's say a more rural, less populated area it may be different.


Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
Elipten_imp said:
What does Honda not understand about making side covers in a color other than silver?

I like the upgrades


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I really like the silver side covers. I thought it looked off when the DLXs had the same color as the tank. Would swap those out immediately. Glad to see they're sticking with that aspect though.
 
Motorcycle.com has a poll on their site asking which 2017 bike from Intermot and AIMEXPO excites them the most. The current results are based on a little over 1100 votes and the CB1100RS is leading by a narrow margine over the Ducati Super Sport.

 
undecider: Just voted for the RS myself. I wonder what kind of crowd motorcycle.com brings in as I'm surprised at those figures. With the way people go on about GSXRs and BMWs new R9T (which is gorgeous), I never hear a fleck of buzz about the CB1100 past or present. Hopefully their new design brings some more hype. I would trade in my '13 STD for the black RS easily.
 
uscgmac_imp said:
AzBob_imp said:
uscgmac_imp said:
With the amount of awesome new bikes being produced Honda needs to really step it up. BMW now has a cheaper version of the nineT in a scrambler package which will sell like crazy.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Sell like crazy? I haven't seen a single RNineT on the road since they came out. I know Triumph Bonnevilles sell well, too, but can't say I've seen more than one or two of those on the road, either. I've seen more very expensive BMW K bikes than I have naked standards. The most thing I've seen is Ninja 250-300, Honda 250-300's, and 600-1000cc sport bikes. Everything else is merely a whisper. I'd love to know what people are doing with these bikes they buy.
Sell like crazy? I haven't seen a single RNineT on the road since they came out. I know Triumph Bonnevilles sell well, too, but can't say I've seen more than one or two of those on the road, either. I've seen more very expensive BMW K bikes than I have naked standards. The most thing I've seen is Ninja 250-300, Honda 250-300's, and 600-1000cc sport bikes. Everything else is merely a whisper. I'd love to know what people are doing with these bikes they buy. I said the newer, cheaper scrambler, not the regular nineT. It's a new bike so they may be popping up. It all depends on where you are as well. These bikes (nineT) are all over New York City and the metro area. Same with the Ducati Scrambler and the triumphs, very popular in NYC and surrounding areas. Lots of dealer support in this area for these imports. If someone lives in let's say a more rural, less populated area it may be different.


Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Ah, true, true. Even so, I haven't seen many scramblers (Triumph or Ducati in my area). We have several Triumph and Ducati dealers in our area, only one BMW dealer.

Quote:It all depends on where you are as well. These bikes (nineT) are all over New York City and the metro area. Same with the Ducati Scrambler and the triumphs, very popular in NYC and surrounding areas. Lots of dealer support in this area for these imports. If someone lives in let's say a more rural, less populated area it may be different.
Well, there's something like 4MM people in my metro area, so it's not particularly rural. However, the hipster ratio is rather low unlike NYC, to whom I know these bikes generally appeal and are marketed; I like them myself, though, and I don't think I fit the hipster mold.
 
Back
Top