2017 CB1100 Revealed

I noticed the bike in the video sounds VERY different than my 2013. I am curious about the engine mods. I am perfectly happy with the power my bike makes, but Honda would be crazy if they didn't bump the bhp on the new bikes. It seems to have been a major complaint from just about every market, and it not like it would be too hard to get triple-digit numbers out of that engine. Still think the original edition with the 4-1, big blinkers, and cast 18" wheels is the most coherent design.

Lots of shots on Honda's webpage... if you scroll to the bottom.

Honda Global Motorcycles | Home
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Django_imp said:
Power is still the same, 66 kW (~90 HP)/7,500 rpm, 91 Nm/5,500 rpm.

Max TQ is 500 rpm higher than our motors though?

Max TQ is 500 rpm higher than our motors though?
That might be a tribute to euro4 compliance.
 
Yes, but the same tq level doesn't get to higher rpm without hardware changes. In this case- that would point to cam spec differences, which would explain the different exhaust sound others are mentioning. (Haven't listened yet)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I like the sporty blinkers on the RS model, but not a fan of the bigger blinkers on the EX models.
They remind me of the blinkers found on the first std models.

That said, the subtile changes made to the new seat are gorgeous.

Here a compare pic, left a screenshot from a video I made from the carshow in Brussels back in january 2014 and right the pic I gor from the German board of a the new bike.
4113d05196f6adfb761f93302b5e39c5.png

Subtile yet distinct :thumbsup:

I also think that the white color somehow fits the new tank best.
 
Django_imp said:
A member of the German CB1100 forum (itsme67) is visiting the Intermot. He allowed me, to share his pics with you guys.

89ba2186231f8b29ea0fbb4e62cebf51.jpg


15ce8b000cf5e615bc95075f7c7a5cee.jpg


9ff8a2b0b71be89c50c9ef6fc5842376.jpg


a5071b20f2db58d44a84105511596e63.jpg


e0c99e1cec503d5b4d82d4fec28adaa3.jpg


3420a259139ae96ca9f409466b766d0b.jpg


29638ca41a7a4f2333d3e6224d579efd.jpg


b8e1f7529438116f005a6989a9c34351.jpg


8053eb0d5552d2d0bf7fecd2e0205d1a.jpg


a790f61e8efbb34efa4ad60112e3fe1d.jpg


62017d7d9faf0571c4bb02dd620578c6.jpg


e8cef652af847802e33c557312008ad6.jpg


520fef88002778db0eb4a260fa6b2469.jpg
Django,

thank you for posting :D
Tapatalk didn't allow me to post these pictures here
 
I like the overall design of my '13 better, but I would like to pilfer some parts off that one... rims, front forks, LED headlight.
 
kmoney_imp said:
I like the overall design of my '13 better, but I would like to pilfer some parts off that one... rims, front forks, LED headlight.
That is what has me interested.
 
The 13-14 models look like geezer bikes, no wonder they had limited appeal. The new ones, esp the black RS, look classic and sexy. They will sell.
 
co6aka_imp said:
The 13-14 models look like geezer bikes, no wonder they had limited appeal. The new ones, esp the black RS, look classic and sexy. They will sell.
I guess your right, because most of us here are geezers and we love our geezer rides.
 
Back
Top