2017 Air Box Covers

I don't think the tank is really much taller than the 2014 model. It definitely gets wider but the contours seem to leave plenty of room for lowered bars.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
haha. I'm trying too. But this tank has me thinking other thoughts. I like !!



I'm curious if that would interfere with your lower bars. But... I thought you were getting rid of your bike??
[/QUOTE]
 
Chynk:
I really like the 2017 tank!
Makes me want to get one now.

ALso, your shock looks classic with the reservoir sitting at the bottom.
That's how Honda positioned them on the CB1100F...see what I mean?

3b526101b74fb46a8bf7a77260501162.jpg
 
does anyone know the dimensions, measurements, whatever you call it, that we need to know to find compatible shocks for the CB?
 
These will fit right side up I believe Öhlins STX 36 Twin Shock Absorber HO 239 - Öhlins Onlineshop


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jedd_imp said:
Chynk:
I really like the 2017 tank!
Makes me want to get one now.

ALso, your shock looks classic with the reservoir sitting at the bottom.
That's how Honda positioned them on the CB1100F...see what I mean?

3b526101b74fb46a8bf7a77260501162.jpg

I didn't realize that but I like it. That's right. I did it on purpose! Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
chync_imp said:
37e10b740a5b58fa293bb4e4b80b456e.jpg

daa339a391e1fe5e4ec480630843a6ff.jpg


I love the 2017 tank. And I get an extra half liter of gas to boot.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love the look. Did the 2014 fuel cap, and pump fit the 2017 tank?

Thanks
 
That looks like the 2017 fuel cap to me.
 
You have to buy a 2017 fuel cap but the pump/float assembly did fit. However it won't be calibrated for the extra fuel capacity which really isn't a problem because it just means you still have a little "reserve" when the gauge shows empty.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Does anyone have a complete list of parts and numbers if possibe to put the 2017 tank on a 2014/
Thanks in advance!
Bruce
 
I ordered the 2017 tank last week with the flush mount 2017 fuel cap from samurider. I'm under the impression that is all that is needed. Install old fuel pump in new tank. slap it on and ride .. Hope so at least :)

Wow this thread got derailed.
 
One member mentioned something about the vent hose. Had to lengthen it or add it or something. Wasn't clear. Straight forward other than that, he said.
 
Look on a parts fiche. Three 4X24 Bolt, Socket.

You need the tank, cap assm. (comes with breather seal) and the 3 bolts.
 
Thread starter
My air box covers and DLX rear rack arrived from Mr. T today. Is there a trick to getting the air box covers off? Also, are there any tips to installing the DLX rack or is it pretty straight forward? I'll post some pics of the '17 Airbox covers on the '14 once they are on.
 
Back
Top