2017 Air Box Covers

On the '13 you have to lift the tank a little to get to the top screw. There is a wire bundle in the way you have to move around to get to the screws. The screws fit tight on my JIS screwdriver so putting them back in was easy. I imagine both '14s are the same way for removal/replacement

Can't help with the DLX rack, but one tip is to put socks over your turn signals to prevent scratching while installing the rack. You'll be glad you did.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
On the '13 you have to lift the tank a little to get to the top screw. There is a wire bundle in the way you have to move around to get to the screws. The screws fit tight on my JIS screwdriver so putting them back in was easy. I imagine both '14s are the same way for removal/replacement

Can't help with the DLX rack, but one tip is to put socks over your turn signals to prevent scratching while installing the rack. You'll be glad you did.
Thanks, I thought there was a chance that I had to remove tank base bolt and tip it up. Good to know.
 
Thread starter
JF Coastal_imp said:
Photo time ?
Coming very soon. They are on. Want to get my new windscreen and rack on first before the full unveiling. Should be by the end of the weekend.
 
Liking all this swapping with the new models. This must be the first bike I ever owned with such easily interchangeable parts between model upgrades. I guess that Honda must believe - if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I thought that was a 2017 model until I read the post fully :)

There may be hope for us in Oz yet :)
 
Moini:hello:

2017 Air BOX Covers on a 2013 CB:


I've got them from Samurider. Look more worthy then the poor plastic covers from the 13/14 models


Best regards from Northern Germany
T:cool:M
 
Nice touch, Tom. Where did you get the 1100Four decals?
 
The shape seems different. The top of the airbox covers and the bottom of the tank don't seem flush.
 
Back
Top