2017 base model - fender eliminator kit

Dubai1100_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi everyone - first post so please be gentle.

I've just bought a 2017 model and want to get rid of the rear fender as I prefer the look without. I live in Dubai so no need for it as well as it only rains 4-5 times a year.

Looking on Samurider, there are 2 kits but one says "US version 2010-2016" and the other is for EX/RS models and requires additional grab rails.

Can anybody confirm what version I should buy? The picture below most closely resembles mine but TBH I haven't seen any model that looks like it on the web.

Mine has 2 exhaust pipes but not LEDs or slipper clutch. The cooling fins are black and so is the triangular cover with "CB1100" on it. I also have "Honda" stamped on the round bit of metal near where the right foot rests (as you can tell - I know nothing about bikes)

Many thanks.

791751c9eb70c58361c49675a22dcbeb.jpg
 
Is that what the tank on your bike is like? And the wheels?
 
How about some pics. If you don’t know how to post them, you can send them to one of us, or Cormanus (sorry for setting you up) and we’ll post them.
 
Happy to help, but it’s a little more difficult that usual this week as I’m away from home. Not riding this time. I’ll manage it, though, albeit with a little delay.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Is that what the tank on your bike is like? And the wheels?
Same tank - wheels are same design but black spokes.
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Hmmm, this pic seems to be 2010-16 version, not '17 ??
I first thought of your ride when I first saw it sans the stock tank size.
I first thought of your ride when I first saw it sans the stock tank size.
Maybe but it is registered as 2017 here in Dubai. It has 2 pipes and sounds exactly the same as the 2019 EX they had in the showroom. I thought 2010 - 2016 was 1 pipe only?
Lord Popgun_imp said:
How about some pics. If you don’t know how to post them, you can send them to one of us, or Cormanus (sorry for setting you up) and we’ll post them.

 
In case you didn’t see it in the new member section, the video doesn’t work. Says video unavailable.
If you will PM your VIN to Cormanus he can tell you the year. Others can too. Maybe one will chime in.
 
Ah! This might turn out to be the first 2017 CB1100 Standard model reported outside Japan. It has the traditional shaped tank and twin exhausts. In the absence f being able to find one on a parts fiche anywhere, it's hard to be able to work out how many other parts have changed from the 2010-2016 standards.

Dubai1100, I'd suggest an email to Takashi at Samurider who will know about the 2017 Standard model and what parts are available to fit.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Ah! This might turn out to be the first 2017 CB1100 Standard model reported outside Japan. It has the traditional shaped tank and twin exhausts. In the absence f being able to find one on a parts fiche anywhere, it's hard to be able to work out how many other parts have changed from the 2010-2016 standards.

Dubai1100, I'd suggest an email to Takashi at Samurider who will know about the 2017 Standard model and what parts are available to fit.
He says it's as you say - 2017 Standard model.
 
Dubai1100_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Ah! This might turn out to be the first 2017 CB1100 Standard model reported outside Japan. It has the traditional shaped tank and twin exhausts. In the absence f being able to find one on a parts fiche anywhere, it's hard to be able to work out how many other parts have changed from the 2010-2016 standards.

Dubai1100, I'd suggest an email to Takashi at Samurider who will know about the 2017 Standard model and what parts are available to fit.
He says it's as you say - 2017 Standard model.
He says it's as you say - 2017 Standard model.
Cool. I suppose that implies the chrome exhaust system too.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
Dubai1100_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Ah! This might turn out to be the first 2017 CB1100 Standard model reported outside Japan. It has the traditional shaped tank and twin exhausts. In the absence f being able to find one on a parts fiche anywhere, it's hard to be able to work out how many other parts have changed from the 2010-2016 standards.

Dubai1100, I'd suggest an email to Takashi at Samurider who will know about the 2017 Standard model and what parts are available to fit.
He says it's as you say - 2017 Standard model.
He says it's as you say - 2017 Standard model.
Cool. I suppose that implies the chrome exhaust system too.
He says it's as you say - 2017 Standard model.
Cool. I suppose that implies the chrome exhaust system too.
Yep - chrome twin pipes.
 
Thread starter
kennyw_imp said:
There is also this option: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/202429707607

They were designed for the 2010-2016 Std/dlx models but I did a test fit on my 2017 EX since i am local to the seller and it fit with spacers to push the taillight away from the grab bar. Since you don't have a grab bar, it should work.
Thanks - bought it now and it's on the way from Japan. Will post pics when get it fitted with the Whitehouse cafe front fender as well.
 
Dubai1100_imp said:
Hi everyone - first post so please be gentle.

I've just bought a 2017 model and want to get rid of the rear fender as I prefer the look without. I live in Dubai so no need for it as well as it only rains 4-5 times a year.

Looking on Samurider, there are 2 kits but one says "US version 2010-2016" and the other is for EX/RS models and requires additional grab rails.

Can anybody confirm what version I should buy? The picture below most closely resembles mine but TBH I haven't seen any model that looks like it on the web.

Mine has 2 exhaust pipes but not LEDs or slipper clutch. The cooling fins are black and so is the triangular cover with "CB1100" on it. I also have "Honda" stamped on the round bit of metal near where the right foot rests (as you can tell - I know nothing about bikes)

Many thanks.

791751c9eb70c58361c49675a22dcbeb.jpg
Hi did you find a solution to the fender? Am buying a 2017 RS and would like to do the same! But instead add an LED HOOP tail light by replacing handle frame if possible
 
Thread starter
Moe_rider_imp said:
Dubai1100_imp said:
Hi everyone - first post so please be gentle.

I've just bought a 2017 model and want to get rid of the rear fender as I prefer the look without. I live in Dubai so no need for it as well as it only rains 4-5 times a year.

Looking on Samurider, there are 2 kits but one says "US version 2010-2016" and the other is for EX/RS models and requires additional grab rails.

Can anybody confirm what version I should buy? The picture below most closely resembles mine but TBH I haven't seen any model that looks like it on the web.

Mine has 2 exhaust pipes but not LEDs or slipper clutch. The cooling fins are black and so is the triangular cover with "CB1100" on it. I also have "Honda" stamped on the round bit of metal near where the right foot rests (as you can tell - I know nothing about bikes)

Many thanks.

791751c9eb70c58361c49675a22dcbeb.jpg
Hi did you find a solution to the fender? Am buying a 2017 RS and would like to do the same! But instead add an LED HOOP tail light by replacing handle frame if possible
Hi did you find a solution to the fender? Am buying a 2017 RS and would like to do the same! But instead add an LED HOOP tail light by replacing handle frame if possible Hi did you find a solution to the fender? Am buying a 2017 RS and would like to do the same! But instead add an LED HOOP tail light by replacing handle frame if possible

Get in touch with Samurider and they will advise if you give them chassis number etc. The fenders look great by the way.
Hi did you find a solution to the fender? Am buying a 2017 RS and would like to do the same! But instead add an LED HOOP tail light by replacing handle frame if possible Hi did you find a solution to the fender? Am buying a 2017 RS and would like to do the same! But instead add an LED HOOP tail light by replacing handle frame if possible

Get in touch with Samurider and they will advise if you give them chassis number etc. The fenders look great by the way.
 
Dubai1100_imp said:
Moe_rider_imp said:
Dubai1100_imp said:
Hi everyone - first post so please be gentle.

I've just bought a 2017 model and want to get rid of the rear fender as I prefer the look without. I live in Dubai so no need for it as well as it only rains 4-5 times a year.

Looking on Samurider, there are 2 kits but one says "US version 2010-2016" and the other is for EX/RS models and requires additional grab rails.

Can anybody confirm what version I should buy? The picture below most closely resembles mine but TBH I haven't seen any model that looks like it on the web.

Mine has 2 exhaust pipes but not LEDs or slipper clutch. The cooling fins are black and so is the triangular cover with "CB1100" on it. I also have "Honda" stamped on the round bit of metal near where the right foot rests (as you can tell - I know nothing about bikes)

Many thanks.

791751c9eb70c58361c49675a22dcbeb.jpg
Hi did you find a solution to the fender? Am buying a 2017 RS and would like to do the same! But instead add an LED HOOP tail light by replacing handle frame if possible
Hi did you find a solution to the fender? Am buying a 2017 RS and would like to do the same! But instead add an LED HOOP tail light by replacing handle frame if possible Hi did you find a solution to the fender? Am buying a 2017 RS and would like to do the same! But instead add an LED HOOP tail light by replacing handle frame if possible

Get in touch with Samurider and they will advise if you give them chassis number etc. The fenders look great by the way.
Hi did you find a solution to the fender? Am buying a 2017 RS and would like to do the same! But instead add an LED HOOP tail light by replacing handle frame if possible Hi did you find a solution to the fender? Am buying a 2017 RS and would like to do the same! But instead add an LED HOOP tail light by replacing handle frame if possible

Get in touch with Samurider and they will advise if you give them chassis number etc. The fenders look great by the way.
Hi did you find a solution to the fender? Am buying a 2017 RS and would like to do the same! But instead add an LED HOOP tail light by replacing handle frame if possible
Dubai1100_imp said:
Moe_rider_imp said:
Dubai1100_imp said:
Hi everyone - first post so please be gentle.

I've just bought a 2017 model and want to get rid of the rear fender as I prefer the look without. I live in Dubai so no need for it as well as it only rains 4-5 times a year.

Looking on Samurider, there are 2 kits but one says "US version 2010-2016" and the other is for EX/RS models and requires additional grab rails.

Can anybody confirm what version I should buy? The picture below most closely resembles mine but TBH I haven't seen any model that looks like it on the web.

Mine has 2 exhaust pipes but not LEDs or slipper clutch. The cooling fins are black and so is the triangular cover with "CB1100" on it. I also have "Honda" stamped on the round bit of metal near where the right foot rests (as you can tell - I know nothing about bikes)

Many thanks.

791751c9eb70c58361c49675a22dcbeb.jpg
Hi did you find a solution to the fender? Am buying a 2017 RS and would like to do the same! But instead add an LED HOOP tail light by replacing handle frame if possible
Hi did you find a solution to the fender? Am buying a 2017 RS and would like to do the same! But instead add an LED HOOP tail light by replacing handle frame if possible Hi did you find a solution to the fender? Am buying a 2017 RS and would like to do the same! But instead add an LED HOOP tail light by replacing handle frame if possible

Get in touch with Samurider and they will advise if you give them chassis number etc. The fenders look great by the way.
Hi did you find a solution to the fender? Am buying a 2017 RS and would like to do the same! But instead add an LED HOOP tail light by replacing handle frame if possible Hi did you find a solution to the fender? Am buying a 2017 RS and would like to do the same! But instead add an LED HOOP tail light by replacing handle frame if possible

Get in touch with Samurider and they will advise if you give them chassis number etc. The fenders look great by the way.
Hi did you find a solution to the fender? Am buying a 2017 RS and would like to do the same! But instead add an LED HOOP tail light by replacing handle frame if possible

Get in touch with Samurider and they will advise if you give them chassis number etc. The fenders look great by the way.
Dubai1100_imp said:
Moe_rider_imp said:
Dubai1100_imp said:
Hi everyone - first post so please be gentle.

I've just bought a 2017 model and want to get rid of the rear fender as I prefer the look without. I live in Dubai so no need for it as well as it only rains 4-5 times a year.

Looking on Samurider, there are 2 kits but one says "US version 2010-2016" and the other is for EX/RS models and requires additional grab rails.

Can anybody confirm what version I should buy? The picture below most closely resembles mine but TBH I haven't seen any model that looks like it on the web.

Mine has 2 exhaust pipes but not LEDs or slipper clutch. The cooling fins are black and so is the triangular cover with "CB1100" on it. I also have "Honda" stamped on the round bit of metal near where the right foot rests (as you can tell - I know nothing about bikes)

Many thanks.

791751c9eb70c58361c49675a22dcbeb.jpg
Hi did you find a solution to the fender? Am buying a 2017 RS and would like to do the same! But instead add an LED HOOP tail light by replacing handle frame if possible
Hi did you find a solution to the fender? Am buying a 2017 RS and would like to do the same! But instead add an LED HOOP tail light by replacing handle frame if possible Hi did you find a solution to the fender? Am buying a 2017 RS and would like to do the same! But instead add an LED HOOP tail light by replacing handle frame if possible

Get in touch with Samurider and they will advise if you give them chassis number etc. The fenders look great by the way.
Hi did you find a solution to the fender? Am buying a 2017 RS and would like to do the same! But instead add an LED HOOP tail light by replacing handle frame if possible Hi did you find a solution to the fender? Am buying a 2017 RS and would like to do the same! But instead add an LED HOOP tail light by replacing handle frame if possible

Get in touch with Samurider and they will advise if you give them chassis number etc. The fenders look great by the way.
Hi did you find a solution to the fender? Am buying a 2017 RS and would like to do the same! But instead add an LED HOOP tail light by replacing handle frame if possible
Dubai1100_imp said:
Moe_rider_imp said:
Dubai1100_imp said:
Hi everyone - first post so please be gentle.

I've just bought a 2017 model and want to get rid of the rear fender as I prefer the look without. I live in Dubai so no need for it as well as it only rains 4-5 times a year.

Looking on Samurider, there are 2 kits but one says "US version 2010-2016" and the other is for EX/RS models and requires additional grab rails.

Can anybody confirm what version I should buy? The picture below most closely resembles mine but TBH I haven't seen any model that looks like it on the web.

Mine has 2 exhaust pipes but not LEDs or slipper clutch. The cooling fins are black and so is the triangular cover with "CB1100" on it. I also have "Honda" stamped on the round bit of metal near where the right foot rests (as you can tell - I know nothing about bikes)

Many thanks.

791751c9eb70c58361c49675a22dcbeb.jpg
Hi did you find a solution to the fender? Am buying a 2017 RS and would like to do the same! But instead add an LED HOOP tail light by replacing handle frame if possible
Hi did you find a solution to the fender? Am buying a 2017 RS and would like to do the same! But instead add an LED HOOP tail light by replacing handle frame if possible Hi did you find a solution to the fender? Am buying a 2017 RS and would like to do the same! But instead add an LED HOOP tail light by replacing handle frame if possible

Get in touch with Samurider and they will advise if you give them chassis number etc. The fenders look great by the way.
Hi did you find a solution to the fender? Am buying a 2017 RS and would like to do the same! But instead add an LED HOOP tail light by replacing handle frame if possible Hi did you find a solution to the fender? Am buying a 2017 RS and would like to do the same! But instead add an LED HOOP tail light by replacing handle frame if possible

Get in touch with Samurider and they will advise if you give them chassis number etc. The fenders look great by the way.
Hi did you find a solution to the fender? Am buying a 2017 RS and would like to do the same! But instead add an LED HOOP tail light by replacing handle frame if possible

Get in touch with Samurider and they will advise if you give them chassis number etc. The fenders look great by the way.
The bike is beautiful as is but I’d like to customize and that’s mainly why am going to buy one. Already have two other bikes lol
 
Back
Top