2016 Honda Shadow Phantom

RLS_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I went by the dealer the other day to put a deposit down on a new 2014 CB 1100 std. The price is $6,999. While I was there I noticed a new 2016 Honda Shadow Phantom on sale for $5,799. Factoring in taxes the Shadow is $1,317 less than the CB. I loved my previous 2014 CB, but this deal has got me thinking. Would any of you guys opt for the Shadow over the CB?
 
Im going to have to look it up as I have never heard of a Shadow Phantom and I am in a Honda/Yamaha shop every few days. I trust it is some kind of V twin cruiser? If so I would not personally opt for it over a CB1100, but you may not feel that way.

I'm off to google it now.

Ok so it's a 750 shadow blacked out with dull paint. Personally no way would I pick that over a CB 1100. Have you ever ridden a 750 Shadow? My son had one. it was pretty gutless. Due yourself a favor and ride one if you can before making the decision. Imo the Shadow may be cheaper, but it is much less motorcycle, and at $6999 you are buying a $10K bike for $7k or the price of an NC 700, or FZ07 or SV650... All smaller displacement twins.
 
We looked at the Shadow at one point. I didn't like the brakes or the riding position. I also thought it felt slow (it may not be slow, but it felt it to me). Cheryl liked the riding position, but the brakes and other features of the CTX700 lead her to that bike instead. She probably would have opted for the Phantom version, though. She thinks bikes should be black (unless it's a two-toned green/ivory Indian Scout).
 
Thread starter
Thanks Ferret. I agree, the 750 is a deal breaker. Two of the things I love about the CB is the HP of the 1143cc and riding position/handling.
 
5 speed, 550 pounds, 45 hp. single disc front

At least it has shaft drive.
 
RLS_imp said:
Just went by the dealer. I pickup my new 2104 CB1100 on Saturday. Can't wait.
2016 Honda Shadow Phantom = NO/:huh:
...and congrats for 2014 CB1100 and have a safe :biker:

:clap:

pb
 
Very capable bike. Did a 7000 mile getabout on one. Not once did I long for more power. Had one but traded it on a CB1100. Would still have it if it had tubeless tires.

A Phantom Ramble
 
EmptySea_imp said:
We looked at the Shadow at one point. I didn't like the brakes or the riding position. I also thought it felt slow (it may not be slow, but it felt it to me). Cheryl liked the riding position, but the brakes and other features of the CTX700 lead her to that bike instead. She probably would have opted for the Phantom version, though. She thinks bikes should be black (unless it's a two-toned green/ivory Indian Scout).
Wise lady. I say you keep her. ;)
 
Ole_imp said:
Very capable bike. Did a 7000 mile getabout on one. Not once did I long for more power. Had one but traded it on a CB1100. Would still have it if it had tubeless tires.

A Phantom Ramble

Quite the trip Ole. You are one impressive dude. GLad I can call you my friend.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Ole_imp said:
Very capable bike. Did a 7000 mile getabout on one. Not once did I long for more power. Had one but traded it on a CB1100. Would still have it if it had tubeless tires.

A Phantom Ramble

Quite the trip Ole. You are one impressive dude. GLad I can call you my friend.
no need to butter me up yer gonna get yer CTX13 test ride bud :hello:
I just like long rides
can't live without 'em
you like short 365 days a year rides
I crave long rides it's so simple
a man
a bike
and a little money
just go!
 
Back
Top