2014 Std - First Set of Accessories

Man, that WOULD be a bad thing! Didn't know that. But then I'm not a mech. :)
 
The other issue with aircraft tires is the low temperatures. Air has a certain moisture content which will freeze in the tire and create a unbalanced tire. Not good on landing. Pure nitrogen eliminates this issue. So, next time you are riding in sub zero temperatures nitrogen may be a good option!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Elipten_imp said:
Next will be putting Argon in the tires. Seems to me air filled tires have been around 100 years and doing just fine. Besides motorcycle toted wear out fast, or age out. So I suspect moisture not a big issue.

I'll stick with air as I have my own compressor. Getting a N2 system in my garage is not happening.

Now what really p'd me off was getting new tires on my truck on Sunday. Had to replace all the pressure monitors at $70 each! They would not install regular valve stems. Federal law. Too much government intervention, but then I guess most are never checking anything on their vehicles. I just hope it never comes to any motorcycle I own. Thank goodness the CB does not have it. I love technology but there are limits
Personally, I'm sticking with another noble gas in my tires: Krypton. I figure I've always been a bigger Batman fan in the whole Batman vs. Superman thing anyway... :D
 
Yes it will fit. The fender part numbers are the same for the '13 and '14 models.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Yes it will fit. The fender part numbers are the same for the '13 and '14 models.
Like I thought, I'm considering one fur my bike..... thanks.

I emailed the place selling therm, here is the response:
"Sorry Do not Know list say up to 2013"
Wow, great customer service, thanks for nothing!


Sent from me......
 
On the Pyramid Plastics site it is listed as 2013> The other models do not have the > I guess that the > means 'and up.

Doesn't matter though, a quick look at the parts listing showed the part numbers are the same for the fender. There are a number of sites with the parts fiche on-line.

partsfish.com, http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/Motorcycle/parts.html hondapartshouse.com. I'm sure there are more.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
On the Pyramid Plastics site it is listed as 2013> The other models do not have the > I guess that the > means 'and up.

Doesn't matter though, a quick look at the parts listing showed the part numbers are the same for the fender. There are a number of sites with the parts fiche on-line.

partsfish.com, http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/Motorcycle/parts.html hondapartshouse.com. I'm sure there are more.
Yeah, I was going to cross reference but I thought I'd ask the seller, no help there. Thanks!

Sent from me......
 
It is much easier to install if you remove the fender. I did. It comes off very easily and is then easy to clean up before bonding the extender on. Most of us did NOT drill holes and use the plasic rivets. Personally, I would not just trust them by themselves and the sticky tape foam piece that comes with it.

I actually removed the tape piece to get a better and cleaner fit and bond. A little prep and forethough gives a nice professional job.
 
I wouldn't drill holes to mount anything. Maybe some of the adhesive mounting tape used by body shops would be a good option? That fender extender looks like a good addition.
 
The adhesive tape might work. I don't know. I just knew I didn't want it coming off while I was doing 60mph and I didn't trust tape for that. Most of us bonded it on using a favorite adhesive. I used a 3M marine adhesive. Either 4200 or 5200. Use the fast cure if you use these or be prepared to wait up to a week for curing. There are others too, but I would avoid using silicone as it doesn't hold a bond very well over time.

Some use epoxy, etc. If you search for Fenda Extenda on the site here you can find discussion on it as we talked about it pretty extensively.
 
Back
Top