2014 model year now CAN be ordered

After seeing this, I decided to stop by my dealer today. My salesman hadn't heard this yet but he was excited, right when I walked in he told me I had the hottest bike on the road. The last time I stopped in for their garage sale, I saw a guy checking out a CB1100 (which he bought after I told him I loved mine) and that was the last time one made it to the sales floor. Since then every one has been sold right off the truck, with one guy coming down from Chicago to get one. He said they've sold 12 so far (all non-ABS) and keep taking calls for them. So after a slow start the bike has really gotten attention from buyers around here.
 
Randy_S_imp said:
After seeing this, I decided to stop by my dealer today. My salesman hadn't heard this yet but he was excited, right when I walked in he told me I had the hottest bike on the road. The last time I stopped in for their garage sale, I saw a guy checking out a CB1100 (which he bought after I told him I loved mine) and that was the last time one made it to the sales floor. Since then every one has been sold right off the truck, with one guy coming down from Chicago to get one. He said they've sold 12 so far (all non-ABS) and keep taking calls for them. So after a slow start the bike has really gotten attention from buyers around here.
Good news, good news! (in the voice of Roscoe P. Coltrane, if you can remember that far back!) The anticipation of a black CB is starting to get to me. So far I have collected many "goodies" and I only need a black bike to make use of them. Risers, windshield brackets, Lucas tail light, new small turn signals (via Chip Beck), chrome chain cover from Samurider and a black DMC sidecar with a custom made subframe for the bike and all of the mounting parts. I'm READY! I wish Honda would get off of their duff and ship some black bikes over here! I think I'm ready, wouldn't you say? Of course I know I may end up with a red bike and a can of black paint. :huh: FWIW
 
I have recently been smitten with the CB 1100 bug. I plan on selling my Suzuki V-Strom, which up to this point is the best, most all-around competent bike I've ever owned. But the CB speaks to me on so many levels. I love the UJM style. My hope is that Honda brings the white color here in 2014. The last UJM style bike I had was my 1981 Yamaha Seca 550, which was also white.

Whatever color I get, I'll want to add the matching bikini-fairing I see available from Japan. Beautiful!!!

Does anyone know when the 2014's are supposed to hit the dealers?
And I am SOOO glad that Honda is bringing it back for 2014. I continue to hope that enough American riders will wake up and realize that there are options besides heavy cruisers and silly-fast, tiny hyper-sport-bikes, allowing the manufacturers to bring to the US many of the great bikes that the rest of the world gets. Wasn't it Suzuki a few years back that had a retro-version of the GS 1000? But not in the US.

I ran into a guy at the store a couple of weeks ago as I was buying glasses. I mentioned that I needed the glasses to fit under my helmet. Turns out he rides a Harley and he asked me what I ride: "a cruiser or a sport-bike". Argh. I had to explain that an adventure bike (my V-Strom) is neither of those.
 
sgiffordtx,
Welcome to the asylum! I'm with you. If it were not for the fact that I have a black sidecar, I would want a white CB. You're right about the cool retro bikes not sold here. I would love to have a Kawasaki W800.
 
If I can join the insanity here, too, I suppose I will :banana:. Woowoowoowoo (Roscoe P Coltrain). This is fantastic news. White or Black: great. Silver, fine. The tank on the Mugens bike in HondaJon's link looks *very* nice as well. Roll 'em out, Honda.
 
Randy_S_imp said:
After seeing this, I decided to stop by my dealer today. My salesman hadn't heard this yet but he was excited, right when I walked in he told me I had the hottest bike on the road. The last time I stopped in for their garage sale, I saw a guy checking out a CB1100 (which he bought after I told him I loved mine) and that was the last time one made it to the sales floor. Since then every one has been sold right off the truck, with one guy coming down from Chicago to get one. He said they've sold 12 so far (all non-ABS) and keep taking calls for them. So after a slow start the bike has really gotten attention from buyers around here.
I'm one of the guys in Indy that bought one right off the truck. I'm very happy to hear that it's coming back. Just about every manufacturer is doing some sort of "retro" bike now. I noticed this at the MotoGP this year. I'm happy to see that there's increased interest in this style of bike again. Too many cruisers and crotch-rockets on the roads.

XeNoSCR
 
I can not wait to see what kind of color scheme the 2014 will be.
Hopefully it will be a black tank with a silver engine and silver wheels.To me the silver engine is the main thing as I can always change the tank and wheels.
I sold my 1980 CBX after I bought the 2013 CB1100 and in a few weeks time I will put my beautiful 1979 CBX on ebay to make room for the 2014 CB1100,that's how much I like the new CB1100 !!!!
 
Houtman_imp said:
I can not wait to see what kind of color scheme the 2014 will be.
Hopefully it will be a black tank with a silver engine and silver wheels.To me the silver engine is the main thing as I can always change the tank and wheels.
I sold my 1980 CBX after I bought the 2013 CB1100 and in a few weeks time I will put my beautiful 1979 CBX on ebay to make room for the 2014 CB1100,that's how much I like the new CB1100 !!!!
I'm with you on the black. I must have black. The silver engine and wheels will be a great bonus. I don't want to have to paint a red one, mostly because I want the silver features too. I must admit, when I saw someone had posted on this thread, I was hoping there was some news about the black. I wish Honda would get on the stick and let us know.
 
Oh man, Houtman's 79 CBX, red, for sale..... (sticking fingers in ears) La La La La La La La La

Must resist!
 
don't you mean "sticking fingers in wallet to purchase"?
 
Randy B_imp said:
don't you mean "sticking fingers in wallet to purchase"?

Yes I do ..must resist...must resist
 
Buffalohead_imp said:
On Tuesday morning, I'm going to call my dealer and put down a deposit on the first 2014, provided it is black. Come to think of it, if they don't come in black, I'll paint a red one so either way, I'm ordering. The only reason I've waited this long is because I've been holding out for a black CB.
I was thinking the same thing about maybe painting the bike some day. My bike is only 4 days old but thinking it would look sharp in black or a dark blue. All that would need painted is the tank, love the silver fenders on these bikes! How much would it cost to just have the tank painted, $400-500? I can handle that, better than forking over the bucks for a new bike.
 
Blockhead,
I have a great painter who I believe won't charge me over $500. But, I want the side covers black as well. The main reason I'm holding out for a factory black is because the factory black bikes have a totally silver engine and wheels, which I like much better. You can check out the black bike at the totalmotorcycle.com site. The black bike is just below the red bike photos. BTW, you may notice some of the red bike photos have silver wheels and engine too. They're not U.S. bikes.
 
I'm glad to hear that!! I was at Barney's of St. Pete on Saturday, and they had a big sign on the one CB1100 on the floor... New 2013 CB1000 - $9049.00. That made me think they're not selling very well. I paid $9200 at a different dealer in Clearwater in June when I bought mine, but that took a bit of effort. We could also use more Honda accessory's... this might help.
 
Talked to my dealer today and he has sold 4 CB1100s
 
My dealer has sold one, to me, and has had one on the floor for a while. I don't know about the other 2 dealers around here.
 
Huladog_imp said:
Just got back from the local dealer where I stopped by for some oil. Long time sales manager said he can NOW place an order for a 2014 CB1100. They generally can place future orders 6 months out and he noticed the CB1100 returning. He and I both speculated it wouldn't return so we were both pleasantly surprised.

Couldn't tell me anything about different colors, but you holdouts may want to go bug your local dealers soon!

Aloha,
Huladog
Wet blanket here...

I continue to be just a little surprised we got a beautiful red Honda for 2013. Black and silver are about as boring as can be. Everyone and their crazy aunt seem to have a black or silver (especially silver) vehicle. Look around next time you're out on the road, although that could just be a west-coast phenomonon. Silver and black are extremely popular and popular sells so that's my prediction for 2014. I think some shade of yellow would be sporty looking, but not particularly retro. Jeez, where's my spell checker...

The Bee
 
Mike Bee_imp said:
Huladog_imp said:
Just got back from the local dealer where I stopped by for some oil. Long time sales manager said he can NOW place an order for a 2014 CB1100. They generally can place future orders 6 months out and he noticed the CB1100 returning. He and I both speculated it wouldn't return so we were both pleasantly surprised.

Couldn't tell me anything about different colors, but you holdouts may want to go bug your local dealers soon!

Aloha,
Huladog
Wet blanket here...

I continue to be just a little surprised we got a beautiful red Honda for 2013. Black and silver are about as boring as can be. Everyone and their crazy aunt seem to have a black or silver (especially silver) vehicle. Look around next time you're out on the road, although that could just be a west-coast phenomonon. Silver and black are extremely popular and popular sells so that's my prediction for 2014. I think some shade of yellow would be sporty looking, but not particularly retro. Jeez, where's my spell checker...

The Bee
Wet blanket here...

I continue to be just a little surprised we got a beautiful red Honda for 2013. Black and silver are about as boring as can be. Everyone and their crazy aunt seem to have a black or silver (especially silver) vehicle. Look around next time you're out on the road, although that could just be a west-coast phenomonon. Silver and black are extremely popular and popular sells so that's my prediction for 2014. I think some shade of yellow would be sporty looking, but not particularly retro. Jeez, where's my spell checker...

The Bee
Whatever. It's total arrogant BS for Honda to bring out bikes in one color. If you want to put down other people for their color choices, your call. For me, I would like a black bike, but am tiring of the disrespect and wondering why I am still considering giving Honda my money.
 
DAC_imp said:
Mike Bee_imp said:
Huladog_imp said:
Just got back from the local dealer where I stopped by for some oil. Long time sales manager said he can NOW place an order for a 2014 CB1100. They generally can place future orders 6 months out and he noticed the CB1100 returning. He and I both speculated it wouldn't return so we were both pleasantly surprised.

Couldn't tell me anything about different colors, but you holdouts may want to go bug your local dealers soon!

Aloha,
Huladog
Wet blanket here...

I continue to be just a little surprised we got a beautiful red Honda for 2013. Black and silver are about as boring as can be. Everyone and their crazy aunt seem to have a black or silver (especially silver) vehicle. Look around next time you're out on the road, although that could just be a west-coast phenomonon. Silver and black are extremely popular and popular sells so that's my prediction for 2014. I think some shade of yellow would be sporty looking, but not particularly retro. Jeez, where's my spell checker...

The Bee
Wet blanket here...

I continue to be just a little surprised we got a beautiful red Honda for 2013. Black and silver are about as boring as can be. Everyone and their crazy aunt seem to have a black or silver (especially silver) vehicle. Look around next time you're out on the road, although that could just be a west-coast phenomonon. Silver and black are extremely popular and popular sells so that's my prediction for 2014. I think some shade of yellow would be sporty looking, but not particularly retro. Jeez, where's my spell checker...

The Bee
Whatever. It's total arrogant BS for Honda to bring out bikes in one color. If you want to put down other people for their color choices, your call. For me, I would like a black bike, but am tiring of the disrespect and wondering why I am still considering giving Honda my money.
Wet blanket here...

I continue to be just a little surprised we got a beautiful red Honda for 2013. Black and silver are about as boring as can be. Everyone and their crazy aunt seem to have a black or silver (especially silver) vehicle. Look around next time you're out on the road, although that could just be a west-coast phenomonon. Silver and black are extremely popular and popular sells so that's my prediction for 2014. I think some shade of yellow would be sporty looking, but not particularly retro. Jeez, where's my spell checker...

The Bee
Whatever. It's total arrogant BS for Honda to bring out bikes in one color. If you want to put down other people for their color choices, your call. For me, I would like a black bike, but am tiring of the disrespect and wondering why I am still considering giving Honda my money.
+1 DAC
 
Back
Top