2014 model year now CAN be ordered

If Honda had only released the 2013 CB1100 in black or white, I'm sure I would have bought one regardless. I then would have been in the hunt for a red tank to replace it with. I could live with the white for a while, but the black does little for me personally. I do hope that Honda chooses to offer the CB1100 in something other than red for 2014 — I just hope they don't abandon the red.

Obviously for me, red is the preferred color. (My second choice would be the dark blue that appeared in Australia.) There is not much I can do if someone takes offense at my distaste for the other colors. However, if such statements are truly cause for one to dismiss a purchase of this machine, then chances are it's not the right bike for them regardless.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
 
I need black to match my sidecar.

I like what Henry Ford said about the Model T: "They can have it in any color they want as long as it's black."

I guess that's the way it is with us: "We can have it in any color we want as long as it's red."
 
I would have bought my CB1100 if the only choice had been pink with purple stripes.

If I had a choice, it probably would have been that dark blue one that was sold in Australia.
 
I think it's human nature to want what we can't have. The CB wheels are a perfect example. The 2-tone wheels we have are more expensive to produce and (IMO) much better looking than a simple single-color wheel. And yet people want the single color wheels and are willing to spend big to get them.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
I think it's human nature to want what we can't have. The CB wheels are a perfect example. The 2-tone wheels we have are more expensive to produce and (IMO) much better looking than a simple single-color wheel. And yet people want the single color wheels and are willing to spend big to get them.
Speak for yourself buddy, I want spoked rims to match my bonnie :D
 
It also seems fairly simple to change the color of the bike, since it's really just the tank. Given the costs and lengths many are going to personalize theirs, having to paint the tank to suit a personal color preference doesn't seem to be all that much an impediment to buying the bike.

I happen to really like the red, especially the awesome quality of the finish.
 
I'm pretty sure Honda was dipping their toes in the waters and with some market research found that red was the go to colour for the first year. If they didn't pick your favorite colour I'm pretty sure it was not out of disrespect. I'm pretty sure it was out of respect for my colour expertise. :P
Case in point, I own three Hondas and all are red. If I had had a choice the 350F would have been the green one. The Griso was out in red and black for years and did not warrant a second look. Then the white model came out and I thought it was pretty. In 2011 & 2012 it was in Tenni green and oh man it was drop dead gorgous and ended up getting it. Some bikes just look better in certain colours.
 
Rboe_imp said:
I'm pretty sure Honda was dipping their toes in the waters and with some market research found that red was the go to colour for the first year. If they didn't pick your favorite colour I'm pretty sure it was not out of disrespect. I'm pretty sure it was out of respect for my colour expertise. :P
Case in point, I own three Hondas and all are red. If I had had a choice the 350F would have been the green one. The Griso was out in red and black for years and did not warrant a second look. Then the white model came out and I thought it was pretty. In 2011 & 2012 it was in Tenni green and oh man it was drop dead gorgous and ended up getting it. Some bikes just look better in certain colours.
Yeah, remember the DN-01? I would have bought three that first year, if only they hadn't been purple!! :P

I'm also confused by the people who say they'd buy one, if only it was offered in a different color. There's only one part that needs paint--a simple, steel gas tank! To each his own I guess.
 
DAC_imp said:
Mike Bee_imp said:
Huladog_imp said:
Just got back from the local dealer where I stopped by for some oil. Long time sales manager said he can NOW place an order for a 2014 CB1100. They generally can place future orders 6 months out and he noticed the CB1100 returning. He and I both speculated it wouldn't return so we were both pleasantly surprised.

Couldn't tell me anything about different colors, but you holdouts may want to go bug your local dealers soon!

Aloha,
Huladog
Wet blanket here...

I continue to be just a little surprised we got a beautiful red Honda for 2013. Black and silver are about as boring as can be. Everyone and their crazy aunt seem to have a black or silver (especially silver) vehicle. Look around next time you're out on the road, although that could just be a west-coast phenomonon. Silver and black are extremely popular and popular sells so that's my prediction for 2014. I think some shade of yellow would be sporty looking, but not particularly retro. Jeez, where's my spell checker...

The Bee
Wet blanket here...

I continue to be just a little surprised we got a beautiful red Honda for 2013. Black and silver are about as boring as can be. Everyone and their crazy aunt seem to have a black or silver (especially silver) vehicle. Look around next time you're out on the road, although that could just be a west-coast phenomonon. Silver and black are extremely popular and popular sells so that's my prediction for 2014. I think some shade of yellow would be sporty looking, but not particularly retro. Jeez, where's my spell checker...

The Bee
Whatever. It's total arrogant BS for Honda to bring out bikes in one color. If you want to put down other people for their color choices, your call. For me, I would like a black bike, but am tiring of the disrespect and wondering why I am still considering giving Honda my money.
No personal put down intended. Everyone's tastes are different but not always as refined as mine! :P I suspect Honda limits on color choice is cost based and they were testing the USA market anyway. Some manufacturers charge extra for colors other than black ie Harley, Indian etc. I would have bought my CB1100 in any color offered - it was too good to pass up. Well maybe not - I have a hatred for matte black. You know, the one that looks like primer (gag).

The Bee

Wet blanket here...

I continue to be just a little surprised we got a beautiful red Honda for 2013. Black and silver are about as boring as can be. Everyone and their crazy aunt seem to have a black or silver (especially silver) vehicle. Look around next time you're out on the road, although that could just be a west-coast phenomonon. Silver and black are extremely popular and popular sells so that's my prediction for 2014. I think some shade of yellow would be sporty looking, but not particularly retro. Jeez, where's my spell checker...

The Bee
Whatever. It's total arrogant BS for Honda to bring out bikes in one color. If you want to put down other people for their color choices, your call. For me, I would like a black bike, but am tiring of the disrespect and wondering why I am still considering giving Honda my money.
 
Firstfour_imp said:
It also seems fairly simple to change the color of the bike, since it's really just the tank. Given the costs and lengths many are going to personalize theirs, having to paint the tank to suit a personal color preference doesn't seem to be all that much an impediment to buying the bike.

I happen to really like the red, especially the awesome quality of the finish.
You nailed it. The red paint on the US CB is one of the best factory jobs I've seen. The only factory paint I've seen that's as good is CVO Harleys.

The finish on the engine and accessories like the starter are also a nice touch. At first I was disappointed that we didn't get the all-silver finish shipped to the rest of the world, but after living with it and seeing how it's holding up with time, I'm glad Honda added that to our bikes.
 
Mike Bee_imp said:
Huladog_imp said:
Just got back from the local dealer where I stopped by for some oil. Long time sales manager said he can NOW place an order for a 2014 CB1100. They generally can place future orders 6 months out and he noticed the CB1100 returning. He and I both speculated it wouldn't return so we were both pleasantly surprised.

Couldn't tell me anything about different colors, but you holdouts may want to go bug your local dealers soon!

Aloha,
Huladog
Wet blanket here...

I continue to be just a little surprised we got a beautiful red Honda for 2013. Black and silver are about as boring as can be. Everyone and their crazy aunt seem to have a black or silver (especially silver) vehicle. Look around next time you're out on the road, although that could just be a west-coast phenomonon. Silver and black are extremely popular and popular sells so that's my prediction for 2014. I think some shade of yellow would be sporty looking, but not particularly retro. Jeez, where's my spell checker...

The Bee
People have their own opinions about what colors look good and what colors they consider boring. It’s of MY opinion the CB1100 looks better in most any color other than red (and the non-matching silver side panels). All silver would be MY first choice (see pic below). Silver has been my go to color on vehicles for many years. And it’s not just me either, it seems like everyone and their crazy aunt wants a silver vehicle. :cool: :rolleyes:

Anyway, I held out last year because I just don’t care for red. My money, my choice... plain and simple. I'm likely to get off the pot and buy a 2014 model regardless of color. If I have to buy a red CB11 and re-paint the tank, so be it. But I’m sure hoping I won't have to go to the added expense just to get some color other than red.

My point being: The red (and silver) model is nice, but it's NOT making ME want to go out and buy a new CB11 today. If white, blue, or even black is offered in 2014, that may change. If silver is an option next year... that definitely will change.

ea9e25f62212d052eb3ecffc029e4c80.jpg
 
road dog_imp said:
Mike Bee_imp said:
Huladog_imp said:
Just got back from the local dealer where I stopped by for some oil. Long time sales manager said he can NOW place an order for a 2014 CB1100. They generally can place future orders 6 months out and he noticed the CB1100 returning. He and I both speculated it wouldn't return so we were both pleasantly surprised.

Couldn't tell me anything about different colors, but you holdouts may want to go bug your local dealers soon!

Aloha,
Huladog
Wet blanket here...

I continue to be just a little surprised we got a beautiful red Honda for 2013. Black and silver are about as boring as can be. Everyone and their crazy aunt seem to have a black or silver (especially silver) vehicle. Look around next time you're out on the road, although that could just be a west-coast phenomonon. Silver and black are extremely popular and popular sells so that's my prediction for 2014. I think some shade of yellow would be sporty looking, but not particularly retro. Jeez, where's my spell checker...

The Bee
People have their own opinions about what colors look good and what colors they consider boring. It’s of MY opinion the CB1100 looks better in most any color other than red (and the non-matching silver side panels). All silver would be MY first choice (see pic below). Silver has been my go to color on vehicles for many years. And it’s not just me either, it seems like everyone and their crazy aunt wants a silver vehicle. :cool: :rolleyes:

Anyway, I held out last year because I just don’t care for red. My money, my choice... plain and simple. I'm likely to get off the pot and buy a 2014 model regardless of color. If I have to buy a red CB11 and re-paint the tank, so be it. But I’m sure hoping I won't have to go to the added expense just to get some color other than red.

My point being: The red (and silver) model is nice, but it's NOT making ME want to go out and buy a new CB11 today. If white, blue, or even black is offered in 2014, that may change. If silver is an option next year... that definitely will change.

ea9e25f62212d052eb3ecffc029e4c80.jpg
People have their own opinions about what colors look good and what colors they consider boring. It’s of MY opinion the CB1100 looks better in most any color other than red (and the non-matching silver side panels). All silver would be MY first choice (see pic below). Silver has been my go to color on vehicles for many years. And it’s not just me either, it seems like everyone and their crazy aunt wants a silver vehicle. :cool: :rolleyes:

Anyway, I held out last year because I just don’t care for red. My money, my choice... plain and simple. I'm likely to get off the pot and buy a 2014 model regardless of color. If I have to buy a red CB11 and re-paint the tank, so be it. But I’m sure hoping I won't have to go to the added expense just to get some color other than red.

My point being: The red (and silver) model is nice, but it's NOT making ME want to go out and buy a new CB11 today. If white, blue, or even black is offered in 2014, that may change. If silver is an option next year... that definitely will change.
Do you also refuse to buy any gear unless it's polished silver color? I mean, how else would you pull off the whole silver surfer look you seem to be going for :angel:
 
SnowCrash_imp said:
road dog_imp said:
Mike Bee_imp said:
Huladog_imp said:
Just got back from the local dealer where I stopped by for some oil. Long time sales manager said he can NOW place an order for a 2014 CB1100. They generally can place future orders 6 months out and he noticed the CB1100 returning. He and I both speculated it wouldn't return so we were both pleasantly surprised.

Couldn't tell me anything about different colors, but you holdouts may want to go bug your local dealers soon!

Aloha,
Huladog
Wet blanket here...

I continue to be just a little surprised we got a beautiful red Honda for 2013. Black and silver are about as boring as can be. Everyone and their crazy aunt seem to have a black or silver (especially silver) vehicle. Look around next time you're out on the road, although that could just be a west-coast phenomonon. Silver and black are extremely popular and popular sells so that's my prediction for 2014. I think some shade of yellow would be sporty looking, but not particularly retro. Jeez, where's my spell checker...

The Bee
People have their own opinions about what colors look good and what colors they consider boring. It’s of MY opinion the CB1100 looks better in most any color other than red (and the non-matching silver side panels). All silver would be MY first choice (see pic below). Silver has been my go to color on vehicles for many years. And it’s not just me either, it seems like everyone and their crazy aunt wants a silver vehicle. :cool: :rolleyes:

Anyway, I held out last year because I just don’t care for red. My money, my choice... plain and simple. I'm likely to get off the pot and buy a 2014 model regardless of color. If I have to buy a red CB11 and re-paint the tank, so be it. But I’m sure hoping I won't have to go to the added expense just to get some color other than red.

My point being: The red (and silver) model is nice, but it's NOT making ME want to go out and buy a new CB11 today. If white, blue, or even black is offered in 2014, that may change. If silver is an option next year... that definitely will change.

ea9e25f62212d052eb3ecffc029e4c80.jpg
People have their own opinions about what colors look good and what colors they consider boring. It’s of MY opinion the CB1100 looks better in most any color other than red (and the non-matching silver side panels). All silver would be MY first choice (see pic below). Silver has been my go to color on vehicles for many years. And it’s not just me either, it seems like everyone and their crazy aunt wants a silver vehicle. :cool: :rolleyes:

Anyway, I held out last year because I just don’t care for red. My money, my choice... plain and simple. I'm likely to get off the pot and buy a 2014 model regardless of color. If I have to buy a red CB11 and re-paint the tank, so be it. But I’m sure hoping I won't have to go to the added expense just to get some color other than red.

My point being: The red (and silver) model is nice, but it's NOT making ME want to go out and buy a new CB11 today. If white, blue, or even black is offered in 2014, that may change. If silver is an option next year... that definitely will change.
Do you also refuse to buy any gear unless it's polished silver color? I mean, how else would you pull off the whole silver surfer look you seem to be going for :angel:
If that's what I feel like buying, that's what I'll buy. Being well past my influential years, I don't give a crap about other peoples opinions, peer pressure, or the like.

Nor do I read comic books.
 
I'm not crazy about the silver side panels; colour matching side panels would have been the cats' meow. To me black and silver are so pedestrian; but who cares? I good friend is nuts over orange bikes. I still talk to him (but I avoid big words now). Some other perfectly normal in every sense it seems, claim to like that bright green colour Kawasaki uses on their bikes. Talk about a colour that makes black and silver look welcome! Holy Moly!

You know, that dang silver bike in the photo is growing on me. She do look nice. Needs a spot of colour though.

And hey, a comic book now and then wouldn't hurt. :angel:
 
Heh, it's all in good fun fellas. I don't read comic books either, there just seems to have been a trend as of late in terms of superheroes and all.

I haven't seen "that bright green colour Kawasaki uses on their bikes" on anything other than kawasaki sports bikes so it doesn't bother me, I think they look fine on sports bikes- so long as they stay off of any classics/standards.

I believe the red on the cb1100 was a perfect choice seeing as it's a Honda (big red) and all. If you look at other manufacturers and models, only a couple or triple of colors are available for any given model- one color option is not surprising for a first year model.
 
On any given year you can only get 1 color on the ST 1300 Honda
 
Obviously this thread has taken a turn. We all must agree that color is a personal preference. While Honda did a good job with the color selections for the CB, they did the American market wrong by not giving us choices. Though we hope to see a different color CB in the years to come, I am now sceptical we will even see a new and improved 2014 CB11.
I wouldn't mind having a grey one and turn it into a cafe racer, and keep the red tank which is my wife's favorite feature and add a windshield and bags for touring.
 
As I've said elsewhere, I'm just glad that Honda actually decided to bring the CB1100 to North America, regardless of the color choice. I'd much rather read posts by people upset by colors that they can't purchase than posts by people upset that they can't buy the bike at all. :)
 
Back
Top