2013 CB1100 MPG

I got 48 on the first fill, 50 on. The second fill, and 51.7 on the third fill. I think you must be riding a little harder than me. Ive yet to breach 4000 rpms.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I got 48 on the first fill, 50 on. The second fill, and 51.7 on the third fill. I think you must be riding a little harder than me. Ive yet to breach 4000 rpms.
I've been averaging about 43 mpg on mine, but it's dipped down to 38 and been as high as 49. If you haven't broken 4k rpm, you've not even gotten into the meat of the powerband. It starts really pulling about 4500 or thereabouts. This is my solo adventures bike, my sport cruiser is for 2-up riding only now, so my gas mileage is unlikely to break 50 mpg anytime soon . :cool:
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
I got 48 on the first fill, 50 on. The second fill, and 51.7 on the third fill. I think you must be riding a little harder than me. Ive yet to breach 4000 rpms.
Oh yea, I definetly ride somewhat hard (nothing crazy :blush:).
I love riding in 3rd gear, I am not limited to 35 mph like I was on my NH750 while in 3rd.
I am still careful and ride the speed limit, I just don't like the feel of the bike whenever rpms drop under 2800 rpms especially in fourth. For me to be comfortable in 4th I have to at least be going 45 mph.
I am good with averaging 41 mpg, breaking it in I just make sure I don't stay at a constant speed or rpms. Once I am at 1,000 or 1,500 I'll start riding how I normally do. I was averaging about 45-48 on my NH750
 
redReno_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I got 48 on the first fill, 50 on. The second fill, and 51.7 on the third fill. I think you must be riding a little harder than me. Ive yet to breach 4000 rpms.
Oh yea, I definetly ride somewhat hard (nothing crazy :blush:).
I love riding in 3rd gear, I am not limited to 35 mph like I was on my NH750 while in 3rd.
I am still careful and ride the speed limit, I just don't like the feel of the bike whenever rpms drop under 2800 rpms especially in fourth. For me to be comfortable in 4th I have to at least be going 45 mph.
I am good with averaging 41 mpg, breaking it in I just make sure I don't stay at a constant speed or rpms. Once I am at 1,000 or 1,500 I'll start riding how I normally do. I was averaging about 45-48 on my NH750
Oh yea, I definetly ride somewhat hard (nothing crazy :blush:).
I love riding in 3rd gear, I am not limited to 35 mph like I was on my NH750 while in 3rd.
I am still careful and ride the speed limit, I just don't like the feel of the bike whenever rpms drop under 2800 rpms especially in fourth. For me to be comfortable in 4th I have to at least be going 45 mph.
I am good with averaging 41 mpg, breaking it in I just make sure I don't stay at a constant speed or rpms. Once I am at 1,000 or 1,500 I'll start riding how I normally do. I was averaging about 45-48 on my NH750 I got almost 49 on my first tank, purposely keeping things quite tame. I've not been as disciplined on this second tank :D ( well technically third since the dealer put about 2 1/2 gallons in to start). Unfortunately, I broke the 4500 threshold of which you speak. I'm thinking my first tank may be my best :D as it is clear she likes to pull through 5000 in a smile- inducing and addicting manner :D
 
Got to love smile inducing and addicting manners ;)
 
I've been through five tanks so far. Around town I run about 50% streets and 50% freeways and the bike has delivered a solid 42 mpg.

Last weekend I took a 250 mile road trip to the mountains with some friends and it turned in 45 mpg on the backroads (avg. 60-70mph).
 
Thread starter
I normally don't fill up until that last bar starts flashing, but I have noticed after a few fill ups, I still had more then a gallon left. I top her off each time, I thought your last bar starts flashing when you are down to your reserve.
I almost wish I didn't have that gas gauge and solely go by the trip meter.
 
According to the manual, the last bar is supposed to start flashing when you have .8 gal. left in the tank (i.e. you've burned through 3 gal.). In my experience the bar starts flashing when there is a full gallon left.

I've never been one to trust gas gauges, so I've been using the trip meter. If I stop for gas at 140 miles it takes about 3.3 gallons, meaning there was still 1/2 gal left over.

I really miss having a petcock.
 
webike has them for the CB1100
 
I guess my big windshield makes a difference because I got 53 mpg
riding two up before I changed oil and now with 10w40 Honda oil
riding in a strong cross wind today going mostly 55-65 I got 56 mpg.
This included a good twist to 5 or 6k rpm .
I just turned 600 miles
 
Latest for me is 46.4. Heading in the wrong direction. I blame Honda for putting that surprise at around 4600 RPMs. I feel compelled to verify its existence. I make this sacrifice for the benefit of the other posters.
 
CA,

The book calls for 10W30. Does 10W40 matter?
 
I don't think it matters 10w30 or 10w40 in this motor. I have a hunch that they did this a couple of years ago to improve mpg.
But as you can see you can get much better mpg by making the bike have better air flow.
I have a lot of Spectro 10w40 syn. oil left over from my store and will switch to it when I feel I have it broke in.
 
I just got 46.54 on my first fill up. It was a mix of a pretty consistent 55 mph and then a trip up the mountain. :)
 
My dealer doesn't carry 10W30, so I got 40. Besides, it might stop snowing and get warm someday! (But thankful for moisture.)
 
Tonights fill up yielded 51.3 mpg
 
After a ride with my wife riding her TU250 I noticed a difference in
our trip meters so I took it out with my GPS. Just like some one else said
the speedo is spot on and the my check on the odometer showed it wth in
1 1/2%. So I feel my 50-56 mpg is right.
 
Back
Top