2003 HD VRod Anniversary Two Years Out of Storage

It’s an impressive looking machine. How was it to ride?
 
I like it. Very clean and apparently well maintained bike. With the solid discs it has a Fatboy resemblance, and I’ve always liked the look of them.
 
Thread starter
The VRod was smoother than expected. Comfortable, strong pull, sloppy heavy as heck, and the brakes were soft, but likely original hydraulic fluid.

In short: Fun. I couldn't ride it all day, but it did get a lot of attention from the locals ... who all happen to drive pick up trucks.
 
:rofl: Pretty amazing likeness.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
The VRod was smoother than expected. Comfortable, strong pull, sloppy heavy as heck, and the brakes were soft, but likely original hydraulic fluid.

In short: Fun. I couldn't ride it all day, but it did get a lot of attention from the locals ... who all happen to drive pick up trucks.

If you rode it all day, you would lose a lot of time just at gas stations. I had a friend who once had a V-Rod. About 90 miles to a tank was all he could get out of it. Enjoy!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
mtneers_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
The VRod was smoother than expected. Comfortable, strong pull, sloppy heavy as heck, and the brakes were soft, but likely original hydraulic fluid.

In short: Fun. I couldn't ride it all day, but it did get a lot of attention from the locals ... who all happen to drive pick up trucks.

If you rode it all day, you would lose a lot of time just at gas stations. I had a friend who once had a V-Rod. About 90 miles to a tank was all he could get out of it. Enjoy!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you rode it all day, you would lose a lot of time just at gas stations. I had a friend who once had a V-Rod. About 90 miles to a tank was all he could get out of it. Enjoy!
In this case, it would be cheaper and more enjoyable watching the video with a diecast model placed on a table while sipping coffee....
:beerchug:
 
The original is in better nick than the model.
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
mtneers_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
The VRod was smoother than expected. Comfortable, strong pull, sloppy heavy as heck, and the brakes were soft, but likely original hydraulic fluid.

In short: Fun. I couldn't ride it all day, but it did get a lot of attention from the locals ... who all happen to drive pick up trucks.

If you rode it all day, you would lose a lot of time just at gas stations. I had a friend who once had a V-Rod. About 90 miles to a tank was all he could get out of it. Enjoy!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you rode it all day, you would lose a lot of time just at gas stations. I had a friend who once had a V-Rod. About 90 miles to a tank was all he could get out of it. Enjoy!
In this case, it would be cheaper and more enjoyable watching the video with a diecast model placed on a table while sipping coffee....
:beerchug:

If you rode it all day, you would lose a lot of time just at gas stations. I had a friend who once had a V-Rod. About 90 miles to a tank was all he could get out of it. Enjoy!
In this case, it would be cheaper and more enjoyable watching the video with a diecast model placed on a table while sipping coffee....
:beerchug:
I have heard the same: A pig on, ... err, I mean, ... a hog on gas.

The model has a lot of solid metal parts. Very surprising. The rear has suspension and the foot controls all spring back. It looks okay on a table top - indeed.
 
Back
Top