the Ferret
Road warrior
Thread starter
Son called last night and asked if I wanted to join he, an old high school buddy and his father on a ride in N Ky today. Weather terrorist says 20 percent chance of rain. I check the radar before I leave and nothing on radar. I show up at his house in a light drizzle. The high school buddy and his dad were a no show so we went alone.
On the ramp to the Ferry that shuttles us from southern Ohio to Northern Kentucky

we weren't the only ones that fell for the 20% line. This area of Northern Kentucky is a motorcyclist playground. The ferry hauls a lot of bikes on weekends.
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/rainride007_zps609799b5.jpg.html]
headed across the river towards Kentucky
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/rainride008_zpsb68cdc7a.jpg.html]
We did about 60 miles of curvy road riding at a reduced pace due to the wet roads. This is the same loop I led Empty Sea's group on when they came through back in May.
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/rainride005_zps9101b347.jpg.html]
Leaving Kentucky, headed back to Ohio on the Ferry. It costs $2.00 for the ferry ride each way, or you can drive around and cross on the bridge 20 miles up river. Just about a wash cost wise for 1 gallon of gas if you ride around.
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/rainride019_zps1021ad65.jpg.html]
The worst part of riding in the rain....
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/rainride020_zpsb0354d8f.jpg.html]
Tomorrow, the CB gets a bath.
On the ramp to the Ferry that shuttles us from southern Ohio to Northern Kentucky

we weren't the only ones that fell for the 20% line. This area of Northern Kentucky is a motorcyclist playground. The ferry hauls a lot of bikes on weekends.
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/rainride007_zps609799b5.jpg.html]

headed across the river towards Kentucky
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/rainride008_zpsb68cdc7a.jpg.html]

We did about 60 miles of curvy road riding at a reduced pace due to the wet roads. This is the same loop I led Empty Sea's group on when they came through back in May.
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/rainride005_zps9101b347.jpg.html]

Leaving Kentucky, headed back to Ohio on the Ferry. It costs $2.00 for the ferry ride each way, or you can drive around and cross on the bridge 20 miles up river. Just about a wash cost wise for 1 gallon of gas if you ride around.
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/rainride019_zps1021ad65.jpg.html]

The worst part of riding in the rain....
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/rainride020_zpsb0354d8f.jpg.html]

Tomorrow, the CB gets a bath.
