1st ride of 2017

I give you an a for affort.
My 1st ride for this year was leaving downtown austins bar scene at 1am to go hit another.

We had some really nice mid 70s degree temp this few days. And forecasting the same for the next 4-5 days.
 
Thread starter
Fog burned off by 11:15 so headed out again on the CB and rode another 35 miles.

Wife wants a ride so going back out on ST about 3 PM
 
Thread starter
Yea baby, the Dlx's are having a good day! Way to go jedd and mm!
 
Today it was raining the whole day through in my part of Germany, which made me feel very disappointed, not to welcome 2017 the best way I could, with a motorbike ride.
But tomorow is the day, the weather forecast promises no rain and off I go.

Happy New Year to everyone in the forum!

Wisedrum
 
Thread starter
Got out for another 33 with my wife. Let her wear my electrics lol.
 
Thread starter
Django_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Got out for another 33 with my wife. Let her wear my electrics lol.
Hope, you'll get 'em back. :D
Hope, you'll get 'em back. :D

Confiscated as soon as we got back

Way to go P-T
 
For a brief moment, I had more 2017 miles than TheFerret...for a very brief moment.

51 miles in the annual log book for me and 36 consecutive months with at least one motorcycle ride. Cheryl and I went to the annual "New Year Biker Breakfast" organized by one of my riding buddies and held at a restaurant about 3 miles from our house. Fran (the organizer) and I were the only ones silly enough to ride to the event.

Cheryl took our Jeep and got an "action" shot of me which is included in the composite below. Oh and it definitely "felt like 15f" at ride time.


After two eggs over medium and corned beef hash, I was ready to put in the additional 7 miles to make it an "official" (to me) ride. The temperature had increased a bit and the abundance of sunlight helped it feel even a bit warmer, so I just kept riding, eventually completing a 50-mile loop that included an awesome stretch along Lake Michigan.

Parked on the boardwalk on a beach in Highland Park.
[url=http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/emptysea43/media/Monthlies/IMG_2736_zpsg0bddwh7.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/emptysea43/media/Monthlies/IMG_2740_zpso7vwn6cg.jpg.html]

They resurfaced "My Road"!! This troubles me because I can no longer rely on the cracks and potholes to keep me somewhat within reach of the posted 20mph speed limit.
[url=http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/emptysea43/media/Monthlies/IMG_2750_zpsusz062rv.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/emptysea43/media/Monthlies/IMG_2747_zpslbfdascp.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/emptysea43/media/Monthlies/IMG_2746_zpstzedhn5m.jpg.html]

The Skokie Lagoons, passed on the ride home.
[url=http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/emptysea43/media/Monthlies/IMG_2753_zpsffnv8yox.jpg.html]

Stopped to visit my mom at the nursing home where she will be for at least a few weeks and then headed home.

Cheryl makes Beef Wellington for our New Year's dinner each year and the aroma is making my mouth water right now. Going to check on the status of our meal. Happy New Year to all. :)
 
Thread starter
Cool pics Sea! Was glad to see you got out in Chicago. A little colder there than here. If Cheryl didn't get you electrics for Christmas, drop the hint for your birthday.

Truth.. I have no idea what beef wellington is lol
 
That's a hardy ride, EmptySea! But totally worth it! If you're like me, it's a lot of fun to browse back through your ride pics throughout the year. In hindsight I'm always glad that I didn't let the weather deter me from getting some time on a bike.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Cool pics Sea! Was glad to see you got out in Chicago. A little colder there than here. If Cheryl didn't get you electrics for Christmas, drop the hint for your birthday.

Truth.. I have no idea what beef wellington is lol
From Wikipedia:
Beef Wellington is a preparation of filet steak coated with pâté (often pâté de foie gras) and duxelles (finely chopped mushrooms), which is then wrapped in puff pastry and baked.

We generally use a store bought veggie pâté rather than the more traditional.

No heated gear for Christmas. Only my finger tips were cold at ride's end. I'm going to start with heated glove liners and boot liners (aka socks), then a jacket or vest, then pants. I want a GoPro first, though.
 
I'm coming for New Year's dinner, Sea! (Just kidding, but I do love a good beef wellington)

Congrats on the ride.
 
Thread starter
Mmmm chicken strips
 
Back
Top