1979 Kawasaki KZ650

Great bikes in their time.
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Had an 81 KZ750 that i bought new. Loved that bike. I'd still talk him down though, he said himself it's no show bike.

I've said it before, and I'll say it a thousand more times- I owned and loved a KZ750 LTD when I was in the army, and that bike is the entire reason I bought my CB and the style I have made it into. :beerchug:
 
Kiowa, according to the ad you need to look up the definition of ‘firm’ :P
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Kiowa, according to the ad you need to look up the definition of ‘firm’ :P
lol.....firm, shmirm
o man...be careful if you really want the bike. some people can be real jerks about this. I know, i'm one of them. I strongly dislike the whole concept of haggling, so I always put "firm" prices on things when i'm selling them. people who contact me with attempts to haggle usually get silence in response, even after i've changed the price to something lower than they offered and put up a new ad.
 
I agree the bike looks in great shape but but you never know until you see it in person. When it comes down to it the bike is worth what ever the buyer is willing to pay. I just know I've seen similar bikes recently at similar prices either not selling or selling for less. Whether or not the seller is willing to haggle is his choice but it never hurts to ask.
 
I enjoy the haggling stuff. If someone is genuinely interested in what I'm selling, I will usually work with them. I price my stuff fairly and usually get it. But if they're being a jerk and offer a lower price just to see how much of a sucker I am, and I sense they're not really interested, I'll counter with a price that exceeds my original asking price. "I'll give you $2700 for the bike." "Well, I'm asking $3100 but I'll take $3400." After they lose the dumbfounded look from their face, they come to realize that my asking price is just as arbitrary as their offer, so we meet halfway and I get my original price. Or they walk.
 
My wife's first street bike was a KZ650. We rode that thing everywhere two up, swapping out pillion duty. That was 39 years ago when we were young and slim. It was a great bike that always got us home.
dafc40382e2a55596f3e48ab857f0850.jpg
 
no way would i buy an older bike without a test ride and a few restarts even though it looks good . lean it over and watch for carburetor leaks ...
ask him about that sound ? even if he can not hear a sound and there is no sound. get him to thinking he can not hear what you hear = Sun Tzu

and i am telling you this with 10% of my VA disability for my bad ear's LOL
 
red, that's a striking bike, and also a lovely woman. I wonder what we'd think of the bike today, in that same condition, compared to what we've become accustomed to and now take for granted.
 
Back
Top