Your favorite motorcycles

Thread starter
I cant believe anyone on this board was 17 in 2007. Heck, that was just a couple of years ago lol
 
Exactly. I was chatting with a 28 year-old coworker yesterday about a particularly funny scene from Seinfeld. She had no idea what I was talking about. She was 3 years old when the show debuted in 1991.
 
Haha I'm kind of an odd duck in the way i like 70's bikes. But don't worry I have seen every Seinfeld!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
Also had a 74 CB550, bought used in mid 76 just after I got married. Definitely a great bike. Cruised and camped the mtns of NC, TN, Ga, Va constantly. The bike would drag the foot pegs and ask for more!
Yeah, good bike. Good fun.
 
I love my CB1100. It is probably my favorite all around bike. But, the bike that I bought back in 1993 when I got back in to motorcycling after my kids were grown was a new Honda ST1100. What a great bike in bright red. I still have the brochure from when I first started checking them out and then bought one
 
Like most of you I have had many different motorcycles over the years, but the one that stands out on my list was a 1976 Kawasaki 900 LTD. This was the first factory custom made by Kawasaki (see picture below). It was very fast and fun! Unfortunately I only got to enjoy it for six months before it was stolen off a guarded parking lot where I worked. I still think the security guard was probably in on it! :@

In many ways my CB1100 reminds me of that bike, only better due to the modern technology.

 
My favorite motorcycle was my '93 BMW K1100RS. Rode her 20 years, when she died 2014 by an engine damage caused by wrong air thru some rotten rubber in the intake section.

That was my K in 2012:
14d09bd9c169bbf50a147a28e736a70e.jpg


That's me at the race track:
780c5fde133c73d46f2689c5ddd3acd0.jpg


Here you can follow me on my K at the race track Anneau du Rhin:

 
My 2004 Sportster 1200...
24267f7994d0764ff649c642dad16d00.jpg

0292dc9271bdaf923d153c71e2c093d7.jpg

Such a fun ride! Alas, driver pulls out in front of me from a side street, I veered hard left into the middle turn lane of a busy street, only to be surprised by a pedestrian crossing the street and...down she went--me, not the gal--but at least I got the speed down to about 10mph before going over high side, landed about 2 meters in front of the lady. It was easier to let go with the insurance money, but I miss that bike.

fd3a0e7e9fb15600a2e3918da557bbe6.jpg

My 83 Yamaha xs650 that I bought last summer, put tires on it and rode for 3k miles and then just sold it recently for what I paid to have some cash for the 14 CB that I have now. Again, fun, fun bike with a sweet sound. But, big vibrations at anything over 60 and it was gonna need some work to make more reliable. I'm looking to do some trips from left coast to midwest so I wanted something that would get me there and back. I think the CB will be up to the task!
 
Django_imp said:
My favorite motorcycle was my '93 BMW K1100RS. Rode her 20 years, when she died 2014 by an engine damage caused by wrong air thru some rotten rubber in the intake section.

That was my K in 2012:
14d09bd9c169bbf50a147a28e736a70e.jpg


That's me at the race track:
780c5fde133c73d46f2689c5ddd3acd0.jpg


Here you can follow me on my K at the race track Anneau du Rhin:

Nice BMW and track video Django. :thumbsup:
 
gbpack89_imp said:
f31689ee5c010314539dacd6073bffcd.jpg


Terrible picture I know but my favorite bike was my '74 CB550 Four. Had her when I was17 (2007) and it was the coolest bike ever in my opinion. Rode it everywhere! Even at 6'4 and 195lbs it was fast! Flat out and laying on the tank I could hit 125mph. I'm sure I looked silly on it but I didn't care it was fun :cool:

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
I had that same bike for my first "real" bike. Same color and all except mine had the 4/4 exhaust. I loved that bike, wish I still had it. Never could get triple digit speed out of it though, this 5,500 ft altitude really kills power. I wish my CB11 handled as good as that 550. Hard to believe its been 35 yrs. since I had that bike.
'
 
Doug_imp said:
gbpack89_imp said:
f31689ee5c010314539dacd6073bffcd.jpg


Terrible picture I know but my favorite bike was my '74 CB550 Four. Had her when I was17 (2007) and it was the coolest bike ever in my opinion. Rode it everywhere! Even at 6'4 and 195lbs it was fast! Flat out and laying on the tank I could hit 125mph. I'm sure I looked silly on it but I didn't care it was fun :cool:

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
I had that same bike for my first "real" bike. Same color and all except mine had the 4/4 exhaust. I loved that bike, wish I still had it. Never could get triple digit speed out of it though, this 5,500 ft altitude really kills power. I wish my CB11 handled as good as that 550. Hard to believe its been 35 yrs. since I had that bike.
'
I had that same bike for my first "real" bike. Same color and all except mine had the 4/4 exhaust. I loved that bike, wish I still had it. Never could get triple digit speed out of it though, this 5,500 ft altitude really kills power. I wish my CB11 handled as good as that 550. Hard to believe its been 35 yrs. since I had that bike.
' I like to think that a bigger cam and some carb work were responsible for the speed, but it probably had more to do with the inaccurate speedos of the day

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top