Yoshimura RS-3 Slip-On Exhaust for Deluxe ???

Chapomis_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Has anyone put slip-on's on their Deluxe ? I like the looks of the RS-3, but they don't seem to be made for the DLX.
 
Not available as far as I know. On Samuriders website is a set of slip ons for the DLX supposedly available by the end of January but they are not Yoshimuras.
 
Thread starter
Do you know if the right and left sides are the same ? The label would face inward.....bracket maybe different? I read somewhere that the RS-3 slip-on's weigh #20 less than stock mufflers. It would be nice to loose 40 pounds :)
 
Not possible, stock muffler only weighs 9 3/4 pounds. We have had members weigh them.

See post # 155

Staintune Exhaust

Staintune weighed 4.5 # less than the stock system, so figure on 9 or 10 pound weight savings for 2, maybe a hair more, but nowhere near 40 pounds
 
Thread starter
Thanks for the weight info ! It looks to me like the RS-3 doesn't have any welded brackets, just a strap, so the question is are the pipe diameters the same on the Standard and the Deluxe?
 
The ferret_imp said:
Not possible, stock muffler only weighs 9 3/4 pounds. We have had members weigh them.

See post # 155

Staintune Exhaust

Staintune weighed 4.5 # less than the stock system, so figure on 9 or 10 pound weight savings for 2, maybe a hair more, but nowhere near 40 pounds
The stock 13/14 Standard weighs about 10 Lbs right? The Deluxe duals must be more that that. Plus there's the double walled headers, that must be more than the Standard header.
 
kevbroce_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Not possible, stock muffler only weighs 9 3/4 pounds. We have had members weigh them.

See post # 155

Staintune Exhaust

Staintune weighed 4.5 # less than the stock system, so figure on 9 or 10 pound weight savings for 2, maybe a hair more, but nowhere near 40 pounds
The stock 13/14 Standard weighs about 10 Lbs right? The Deluxe duals must be more that that. Plus there's the double walled headers, that must be more than the Standard header.
The stock 13/14 Standard weighs about 10 Lbs right? The Deluxe duals must be more that that. Plus there's the double walled headers, that must be more than the Standard header.
Yes correct 1 stock Honda muffler for a 2013/2014 weighs 9 3/4 pounds.. 1 Staintune slip on muffler weighs 6 1/2 pound, .... so technically 3 1/4 pounds difference for 1 side.

See post 163

Staintune Exhaust

Double that for 2 on the deluxe and you are looking at a total weight savings of 6 1/2 pounds going from stock Honda mufflers to slip on Staintunes.

Head pipes have no bearing if you are just doing slip ons.

If you were doing a whole system, then the head pipes weight would come into play as well as the mufflers and cats
 
The ferret_imp said:
kevbroce_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Not possible, stock muffler only weighs 9 3/4 pounds. We have had members weigh them.

See post # 155

Staintune Exhaust

Staintune weighed 4.5 # less than the stock system, so figure on 9 or 10 pound weight savings for 2, maybe a hair more, but nowhere near 40 pounds
The stock 13/14 Standard weighs about 10 Lbs right? The Deluxe duals must be more that that. Plus there's the double walled headers, that must be more than the Standard header.
The stock 13/14 Standard weighs about 10 Lbs right? The Deluxe duals must be more that that. Plus there's the double walled headers, that must be more than the Standard header.
Yes correct 1 stock Honda muffler for a 2013/2014 weighs 9 3/4 pounds.. 1 Staintune slip on muffler weighs 6 1/2 pound, .... so technically 3 1/4 pounds difference for 1 side.

See post 163

Staintune Exhaust

Double that for 2 on the deluxe and you are looking at a total weight savings of 6 1/2 pounds going from stock Honda mufflers to slip on Staintunes.

Head pipes have no bearing if you are just doing slip ons.

If you were doing a whole system, then the head pipes weight would come into play as well as the mufflers and cats
Ohh, I see, I was thinking of taking the Deluxe from the stock duals to a single RS-3. I now see Champomis said slip-on's, plural.

I'm wishing I put my carbon RS-3 on a scale, I wonder what that thing weighs compared to the Stainless version.
 
Yea, I wish you had weighed it too. That would be good info to have for future discussions.

Maybe someone will get one and weigh it.

Doubt if on a DLX the entire system weighs 40 pounds. So no matter what you do, you are never going to save 40 pounds over a stock system, even if you ran it with no exhaust at all. I can see saving 15 or so with a custom single sided exhaust system over a DLX's stock system.
 
If I had a scale I'd pull it off. It's got 15000 miles worth of carbon buildup though, that's an extra ounce!

40 Lbs for the deluxe system does seem high. Who knows what a full single sided carbon and/or titanium system would save you. I can't imagine double walled chromed headers are light. Plus dual mufflers and the extra plumbing, it's a lot of heft. Down low at least.
 
Back
Top