Yoshimura Full Systems In Stock

Thanks for the link Motogeezer. I've had that saved in my Revzilla wishlist for quite some time now. Just need to get the money together while, at the same time, avoiding death at the hands of my wife.
 
Thread starter
I ordered one as a surprise for Eric yesterday. Just as much for me as well, seeing as he's still not riding at all. Once it arrives I'll have my fellow rider/Honda expert put it on. Hope maybe it'll help get him excited. He's at a time in his life where he's working hard, got a growing family and IMO, needs to take some time for a little relaxation. I have to admit, he's got some goals and reminds me of me, back in the day. There were periods where I didn't throw a leg over a bike for a few years at a stretch :(
 
What a fantastic surprise that will be! I hope Eric makes the time to appreciate it. If not, I'm sure you will until he does. Be sure that you get some new header gaskets as well.

I heard this quote the other day: "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the things you did do." The quote is often attributed to Mark Twain but it is debatable whether he was the actual author. Regardless of who wrote them originally, I find them rather profound. Share them with Eric. Then go on a ride together.
 
Wise words, metallyguitarded. In the same vein, someone once asked "How many people on their deathbeds will say 'I wish I'd spent more time at the office'?"
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Wise words, metallyguitarded. In the same vein, someone once asked "How many people on their deathbeds will say 'I wish I'd spent more time at the office'?"
About as many as will say "I wish I had spent 1/8th of the cost of my ENTIRE motorcycle on some bent hollow metal tubes!"

They must be making an 80% profit. :huh:
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Wise words, metallyguitarded. In the same vein, someone once asked "How many people on their deathbeds will say 'I wish I'd spent more time at the office'?"
I certainly won't be uttering those words when my time comes!
 
I have my eye set on a full yosh pipe as well, please correct me, if i am wrong: according to Mr. T in japan the yosh full system has somehow an catalytic converter, while here in the US it does not.
Also here in the US, in the Yosh Manual they talk about installing the O2 sensor.
Do you know if the full system comes by default with a plug for the pipe, incase you do not want to install the O2 Sensor ?
 
Thread starter
I was curious about the o2 sensor myself, since nothing is said about it in the product description. I'm assuming since the application is specifically for the CB that it would accommodate the sensor(s). I'll let you know as soon as I pull it out of the shipping carton. Probably not until Thursday PM. May just have to put a sticker over the check engine light :)
 
Motogeezer1949_imp said:
I was curious about the o2 sensor myself, since nothing is said about it in the product description. I'm assuming since the application is specifically for the CB that it would accommodate the sensor(s). I'll let you know as soon as I pull it out of the shipping carton. Probably not until Thursday PM. May just have to put a sticker over the check engine light :)


:rofl: you guys are so bad
 
Motogeezer1949_imp said:
I was curious about the o2 sensor myself, since nothing is said about it in the product description. I'm assuming since the application is specifically for the CB that it would accommodate the sensor(s). I'll let you know as soon as I pull it out of the shipping carton. Probably not until Thursday PM. May just have to put a sticker over the check engine light :)
The cool part is that it makes the sticker glow, so pick a good one!
 
Thread starter
No provision for the o2 sensor. Zip ties are included to secure the lead to the frame, out of the way. I have an o2 sensor eliminator ordered :)
 
Motogeezer1949_imp said:
No provision for the o2 sensor. Zip ties are included to secure the lead to the frame, out of the way. I have an o2 sensor eliminator ordered :)
Thank you for the update, so actually. I will need to find a bolt for the pipe and the obvious O2 Sensor Bypass plug, which is BTW included if you buy a PCV ....
DGShannon_imp said:
Motogeezer1949_imp said:
I was curious about the o2 sensor myself, since nothing is said about it in the product description. I'm assuming since the application is specifically for the CB that it would accommodate the sensor(s). I'll let you know as soon as I pull it out of the shipping carton. Probably not until Thursday PM. May just have to put a sticker over the check engine light :)
The cool part is that it makes the sticker glow, so pick a good one!
The cool part is that it makes the sticker glow, so pick a good one!
That statement made my day ..... AWESOME ! :thumbsup::clap::banana::excited::rofl:
 
I'll have to check and see what my service guy did about the O2 sensor. I don't recall discussing it at the time of the install, but they were doing several things to the bike at the time so maybe we talked about it.
 
Thread starter
Well, I erred in my previous posting about there not being an O2 sensor bung on the collector. I found the actual instructions and it talked about reinstalling the sensor. When I arrived home I finished unwrapping and - there it was! I was waiting on the delete I thought I needed to install. Maybe in the next few days!
 
Motogeezer1949_imp said:
Well, I erred in my previous posting about there not being an O2 sensor bung on the collector. I found the actual instructions and it talked about reinstalling the sensor. When I arrived home I finished unwrapping and - there it was! I was waiting on the delete I thought I needed to install. Maybe in the next few days!
And no plug/bolt from yoshimura in that hole ?
 
Motogeezer1949_imp said:
Not seeing one in the package.
Install set for Friday/Saturday.
Thank you for the quick response ... time to find one online .... I DEFINITELY will not use the O2 sensor. Good thing a PCV provides the Plug to fool the ECU / Mapping.

I think this is how Yoshimura gets away with it to sell here in California, they will argue that the O2 Sensor must be installed ... LOL
 
Back
Top