Yea,wheels are done!

Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
FLYTYM_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
and most important : PICS, please :)
I’m supposed to get the tires mounted tomorrow,when I get them outside I’ll get a few pictures.
I’m supposed to get the tires mounted tomorrow,when I get them outside I’ll get a few pictures.
OK, I will wait..and do not forget to take a pic of your plane, please:P
I’m supposed to get the tires mounted tomorrow,when I get them outside I’ll get a few pictures.
OK, I will wait..and do not forget to take a pic of your plane, please:P
.........plane?
 
Maybe peterbaron is confusing Flynrider and FLYTM?
 
They look like this ...

f595fedd831d61b60f51a37330728ef0.jpg


4250cfda3ed87a92f7580e4065331e12.jpg


14c01b7ef6b1df0d16fc47d855d9721b.jpg


27200e557098e5b930410bd04094751f.png
 
Thread starter
Bheezy27403_imp said:
Wow, beautiful. I'm a sucker for spokes.
So am I,or I should say was kinda. The first time I cleaned them up after getting the tires mounted I started having horrible flashbacks about cleaning a spoked wheel. Wouldn’t have it any other way. The blue bracket in place of the shock is a height gage to determine the height of the new shocks.
 
Spokes are not "hard" to clean, it just takes a little more time. The finished product is so worth the effort to me though. A great set of spoked wheels shimmering in the sunlight just sets a bike off.
 
Bheezy27403_imp said:
Spokes are not "hard" to clean, it just takes a little more time. The finished product is so worth the effort to me though. A great set of spoked wheels shimmering in the sunlight just sets a bike off.
I agree. There's something about the look of spokes in the sunlight that's "just right."
 
Remember that a tire "grows " when it gets warm/hot.
Years ago I worn a groove in a front fender from a slightly too big tire on a CBX.
That front fender was a plastic one.
 
Looking at those pictures, I’d be a bit concerned of that clearance on the front wheel. Maybe you could find/fabricate a larger fender? The wheels look absolutely stunning on the bike otherwise.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Excellent job Cormanus. Going hardtail?
AU3O2, if you’re thanking me for posting pictures, you’re welcome. That’s all I did.

The wheels and the hardtail are FLYTM’s work.
 
Thread starter
Thanks to all for the kind words and thanks again George for help on the pictures. The front fender is close at the front edge but at the back,bottom edge the clearance isn’t an issue. Once again the blue jobber bolted to the bike is a guage I made to determine how short I want the new shocks,the right side has nothing bolted to it. If my brake light modification works out I plan on using a front fender from a CB1100 F.
 
Back
Top