Yamaha Niken

The carbon on the decal and the exhaust compliment each other nicely.
 
I wonder if people you pass, feel the pressure wave from your bike.. it looks like it is pointed directly out to the side..

chuckk ..
 
Chuckk_imp said:
I kinda like the exhaust.. it seems to be the new look in pipes.. I usually don't get a tank protector until I damage the paint.. then I know how big of a sticker I need to cover up my abuse..

Chuckk ..
:rofl:
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
I'm wondering what everyone thinks of my "Ride the Revolution" tank protector.
Picture it without the white paper.



I wasn't sure about the carbon fiber but it matches the seat pretty good.
I'm 40/60 on it.

I also put on my Akrapovic exhaust. I had to use the aftermarket cat also, living in Mass. Sounds nice without being at all annoying. The cat really tones it done.


I'm 100% on this accessory.

Let me know about the sticker.......

ACK
Like the look of the stubby.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Chuckk_imp said:
I kinda like the exhaust.. it seems to be the new look in pipes.. I usually don't get a tank protector until I damage the paint.. then I know how big of a sticker I need to cover up my abuse..

Chuckk ..
:rofl:
:rofl:
+1 That is funny!

I do like the tank sticker. I bought two thinking I might cut off the carbon looking part and leave just the black. I think because it's thick and gelish, it would look hacked up on the edges.
Another conflict is with the sticker the bike looks used. Without she still looks so new......
I peeled off the octane warning sticker on the tank and all of sudden she didn't have that showroom look anymore.
I ordered 2 more and managed to get the 2nd one back on straight and bubble free.
Once I adventure off road a few times it will all be for nothing, I'm just delaying it.

I still have to make sure I can pick this thing up alone before I head out into the bush. If I tipped over on a downhill slope, lifting up hill would be trouble.

I'm joining you guys on the dumbell workouts, but that's another thread. :thumbsup:

ACK
 
Some complain the Niken is to wide for Lane Splitting/Filtering.

Not so:

I must be getting old.....watching this gave me a few nervous clinches:exclamation:
I'm glad there's no lane splitting here......or traffic :D

OH! Happy New Year, all.


ACK
 
Fun share ACK. From behind the lens I couldn't really discern if it was a Niken or a standard motorcycle. Not sure if I would use the Niken in Mexican urban lane splitting, but heck, seems fine otherwise.
 
:angel: RIP Niken Riders Forum :angel:

Any future Niken owners in here :huh: be advised we are without a dedicated forum.

After a whopping 93 member count it's all a bust.
England, Australia and the Middle East were top 3 with
under a dozen from the US and Canada.

https://www.nikenriders.com/

Looks like you guys are stuck with me, I'll be keeping this thread alive for a while since
"THIS IS MY LAST BIKE!!!"

:thanks: for your support

ACK
 
shame Ack, forums CAN be very fun, entertaining and informative with the right group of people. We'll gladly have you here though.
 
Ack,

How is that thing on the island? IIRC you said the CB had problems in the sand or something. How is the Niken?
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
:angel: RIP Niken Riders Forum :angel:

Any future Niken owners in here :huh: be advised we are without a dedicated forum.

After a whopping 93 member count it's all a bust.
England, Australia and the Middle East were top 3 with
under a dozen from the US and Canada.

https://www.nikenriders.com/

Looks like you guys are stuck with me, I'll be keeping this thread alive for a while since
"THIS IS MY LAST BIKE!!!"

:thanks: for your support

ACK
That is a lunchbox let down. Well, this Forum remains vibrant and welcoming.

"THIS IS MY LAST BIKE!!!" - I think I've said that during my last four or five bikes. :rolleyes:
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Ack,

How is that thing on the island? IIRC you said the CB had problems in the sand or something. How is the Niken?
I'm only at 290 miles, but I really think it has advantages out here.
+ handles sand covered corners extremely well
+ much smoother ride over bumps, holes and patches
+ xtra tight turning radius

Tires for the all dirt roads, to be installed.


ACK
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
:angel: RIP Niken Riders Forum :angel:

Any future Niken owners in here :huh: be advised we are without a dedicated forum.

After a whopping 93 member count it's all a bust.
England, Australia and the Middle East were top 3 with
under a dozen from the US and Canada.

https://www.nikenriders.com/

Looks like you guys are stuck with me, I'll be keeping this thread alive for a while since
"THIS IS MY LAST BIKE!!!"

:thanks: for your support

ACK
With those low unit sales numbers, does this mean that Yamaha is pulling the plug on the Niken altogether?
 
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
Ack-CB11_imp said:
:angel: RIP Niken Riders Forum :angel:

Any future Niken owners in here :huh: be advised we are without a dedicated forum.

After a whopping 93 member count it's all a bust.
England, Australia and the Middle East were top 3 with
under a dozen from the US and Canada.

https://www.nikenriders.com/

Looks like you guys are stuck with me, I'll be keeping this thread alive for a while since
"THIS IS MY LAST BIKE!!!"

:thanks: for your support

ACK
With those low unit sales numbers, does this mean that Yamaha is pulling the plug on the Niken altogether?
That count was the members on the forum. I've seen in Japan the biggest following of all, they seem very proud of it. Going by VIN's roughly about 400 came to the US and Canada.
2020 is a go for N. America but just the GT model, no base Niken.
The Niken isn't a required buy for Yamaha dealers and there are plenty of new ones out there that haven't sold. My dealer said the next one for him would have to be pre-sold, especially after my deal. :)


ACK
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Ack-CB11_imp said:
:angel: RIP Niken Riders Forum :angel:

Any future Niken owners in here :huh: be advised we are without a dedicated forum.

After a whopping 93 member count it's all a bust.
England, Australia and the Middle East were top 3 with
under a dozen from the US and Canada.

https://www.nikenriders.com/

Looks like you guys are stuck with me, I'll be keeping this thread alive for a while since
"THIS IS MY LAST BIKE!!!"

:thanks: for your support

ACK
That is a lunchbox let down. Well, this Forum remains vibrant and welcoming.

"THIS IS MY LAST BIKE!!!" - I think I've said that during my last four or five bikes. :rolleyes:
LOL you are not the only one
 
The ferret_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Ack-CB11_imp said:
:angel: RIP Niken Riders Forum :angel:

Any future Niken owners in here :huh: be advised we are without a dedicated forum.

After a whopping 93 member count it's all a bust.
England, Australia and the Middle East were top 3 with
under a dozen from the US and Canada.

https://www.nikenriders.com/

Looks like you guys are stuck with me, I'll be keeping this thread alive for a while since
"THIS IS MY LAST BIKE!!!"

:thanks: for your support

ACK
That is a lunchbox let down. Well, this Forum remains vibrant and welcoming.

"THIS IS MY LAST BIKE!!!" - I think I've said that during my last four or five bikes. :rolleyes:
LOL you are not the only one
LOL you are not the only one
+1...I've always liked 4 wheels.... of two different motorized vehicles ...something is already brewing in my head :D
 
peterbaron_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Ack-CB11_imp said:
:angel: RIP Niken Riders Forum :angel:

Any future Niken owners in here :huh: be advised we are without a dedicated forum.

After a whopping 93 member count it's all a bust.
England, Australia and the Middle East were top 3 with
under a dozen from the US and Canada.

https://www.nikenriders.com/

Looks like you guys are stuck with me, I'll be keeping this thread alive for a while since
"THIS IS MY LAST BIKE!!!"

:thanks: for your support

ACK
That is a lunchbox let down. Well, this Forum remains vibrant and welcoming.

"THIS IS MY LAST BIKE!!!" - I think I've said that during my last four or five bikes. :rolleyes:
LOL you are not the only one
LOL you are not the only one
+1...I've always liked 4 wheels.... of two different motorized vehicles ...something is already brewing in my head :D
Wuch you up to PB?
 
Back
Top