Yamaha Niken

I can see the attaches, but not the photo bucket ones
 
The ferret_imp said:
I can see the attaches, but not the photo bucket ones
I have trouble with pictures sometimes,
Thanks for letting me know.

goldoxide
without side or centerstand it falls down...or you mean this goldenpart behind ?

It has a side and ceterstand on the bike.
Picture is Pitbull rear stand that lifts the swingarm so the kickstand doesn't touch the ground.
I always leave it down so I can't forget it when I put it down.
The front suspension doesn't lock so it falls over like a 2 wheeler, probably harder with the extra 100 lbs behind the headlight.

ACK
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I can see the attaches, but not the photo bucket ones
I have trouble with pictures sometimes,
Thanks for letting me know.

goldoxide
without side or centerstand it falls down...or you mean this goldenpart behind ?

It has a side and ceterstand on the bike.
Picture is Pitbull rear stand that lifts the swingarm so the kickstand doesn't touch the ground.
I always leave it down so I can't forget it when I put it down.
The front suspension doesn't lock so it falls over like a 2 wheeler, probably harder with the extra 100 lbs behind the headlight.

ACK
It has a side and ceterstand on the bike.
Picture is Pitbull rear stand that lifts the swingarm so the kickstand doesn't touch the ground.
I always leave it down so I can't forget it when I put it down.
The front suspension doesn't lock so it falls over like a 2 wheeler, probably harder with the extra 100 lbs behind the headlight.

ACK
Okay, I thought it had technology to compensate for a side stand. Center stand too? - no kidding.
 
Not until the 2020 E. Coast Rally.
If a Yamaha can sneak in..... :D
Those Niken soft sided bags aren't that great, but they'll work so I'm hanging on to them, I've learned my lessons many times about selling OE parts.....

Did a zig-zag then 1/2 loop across the island today another 37 miles on the clock.

It's an interesting ride that I'm enjoying all ready

A little review

Positives
Extra smooth riding front end
Even with 100 lbs on the forks, counter-steering it takes less than 1/2 the
effort. The 2 wheels must do that?
Negatives
The brakes have caught me off guard a few times. Adding a wheel and
weight at the same time using smaller brake disc equals longer stops.

More to come

ACK
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
Not until the 2020 E. Coast Rally.
If a Yamaha can sneak in..... :D
Those Niken soft sided bags aren't that great, but they'll work so I'm hanging on to them, I've learned my lessons many times about selling OE parts.....

Did a zig-zag then 1/2 loop across the island today another 37 miles on the clock.

It's an interesting ride that I'm enjoying all ready

A little review

Positives
Extra smooth riding front end
Even with 100 lbs on the forks, counter-steering it takes less than 1/2 the
effort. The 2 wheels must do that?
Negatives
The brakes have caught me off guard a few times. Adding a wheel and
weight at the same time using smaller brake disc equals longer stops.

More to come

ACK
Strange too given the extra patch of rubber on the ground.
 
Oh, this is also my first bike with cruise control.
Tried that out yesterday, fantastic option.
Not a deal breaker out here though.
On the way to the Rally, I'll be lovin it.


ACK
 
"I was nervous about what to put on the matte blue finish for protection."

I put rain and bugs on my matt blue FJR and when I fell over last year I used matt blue fingernail polish on the scratches lol

735e39c1a0f4322923b6880ca00dbae5.jpg
 
The ferret_imp said:
"I was nervous about what to put on the matte blue finish for protection."

I put rain and bugs on my matt blue FJR and when I fell over last year I used matt blue fingernail polish on the scratches lol

735e39c1a0f4322923b6880ca00dbae5.jpg
Wow, I saw Yamaha made a matte blue and black top case for your FJR that would match mine perfect. I don't think the mounting brackets line up though.

Some how I missed reading about your FJR, did it replace a Honda ST?


ACK
 
Yea, my secondary master cyl on the linked braking system failed and locked the rear brake (fairly common issue) while my wife and I were out on a ride for our anniversary last year. Nice long unexpected skid. Luckily we were on a straightaway and not in one of the curves we had just ridden at 55 mph. Then I strained the motor trying to get it home. At the shop they couldn't get it to start and one cylinder showed 25%. At any rate it would have cost more to fix than it's worth at 10 years and 110,000 miles, so I sold it for parts and bought a new FJR.
 
Yea I'm not sure. I think it was 25 pounds of compression
 
Back
Top