Yamaha Niken

Wow! I don’t want to ride that one though. I really do not have the skills for that!
 
What a beast of a bike.
 
Niken msrp $15999 Niken GT msrp $17300

Some leftovers showing up Niken’s 14-15k GT’s 15-16k

Can't flippin believe it. I was planning on a non-GT, for price reasons and I'm not a big fan of gold forks, until I came across this GT on Ebay. I was the only bidder with only 4 others watching it. The seller spelled it Nikken GT in the title so I think a lot of people might have missed it. Item #303280836191
Starting bid was $11,730 with no reserve showing and I was the only bidder.
So stoked, I can't believe it, glad I held out till fall.
There is another $199 for dealer prep and shipping $400.

That was as of last night...........
This morning the manager tried to back out of the sale saying there was suppose to be a reserve of 14k on it and it wouldn't sell for under THAT! Which is still 1k less than most and I half expected this to happen. Thay had already taken a deposit so I was extra irate at the whole thing saying how bids are suppose to be binding but a seller can just add a reserve after the sale Bla Bla Bla. Then said refund my deposit, you guys suck and went right to Ebay and left this feedback "Seller backed out of deal after deposit taken".
20 minutes later the manager got back to me and said the owner would stick with the auction price. They did add another 299 freight that wasn't specified in the listing but I'm a softy and let that slide.

Out the door.......$12,228 Amazing

They deserve props River Valley Power & Sport Redwing, MN

Marine Dealership in Minnesota | River Valley Marine

Should be here in a couple weeks..pictures to follow

:banana: :beerchug: :clap: :excited: :celebrate:
 
Wow! Congratulations Ack. Look forward to pictures and reports.
 
Thread starter
Spec sheet at your link says it’s 840 +\- cc’s and produces 6 HP and vehicle weight is 59 pounds. Did you get a radio controlled one?
 
Frulk_imp said:
Spec sheet at your link says it’s 840 +\- cc’s and produces 6 HP and vehicle weight is 59 pounds. Did you get a radio controlled one?
Heh, great observation Frulk.

But yes, it will be interesting to get the follow-up owner's report with video samples.
 
Thread starter
Yup. All joking aside I’m stoked one of our own is getting one and we get to hear first hand from an ownership perspective what it’s like to live with this machine. Bonus is if ACK uses the CB as a reference point or comparison we all can relate to it.
 
well I hate to be negative, but I can give you a comparison between a tilting trike and my little 2017 CB1100.. I owned a tilting motor works goldwing.. I had my wing converted.. my thoughts were, the wing is a heavy bike and I am 75 years old.. why not be a little pro-active.. get one before I really need it.. what a mistake !! .. I got the one with tilt-lock .. it will not tilt under 5 mph.. this allows the bike to act like a trike, where you don't have to hold it up.. then when you take off and get above approx 5 mph it will allow you to lean it over.. sounded trick to me !! the big problem was the transition between lock and not.. if you made a slow turn, you wouldn't know if you had to balance it or not.. another thing.. I ride the canyons a lot .. it did lean over as much as you wanted, but the bike was so much wider, you could no longer use all of the lane like you can with 2 wheels.. I lost an easy $10k when I sold it, but was glad to see it go.. I then bought the little CB and like in the fairy tale, have been happy ever after..
78a91aee0800963b1d9214fbb63f7bce.jpg

this was me practicing.. the instructions tell you to find a large, open area..
2a7310f2db427581b14e5a51e4f61e8e.mp4
 
Checks in the mail, will be there Monday. Next is the shipping........

This video just came out about the Niken and why Yamaha did some aspects the way they did.
It is interesting video with the negatives coming out on top.
I like the Touring section. Very few videos show any Nikens in the dirt, that's what I want to see. I'm hoping the 2 fronts it will grip better on all the sandy corners and dirt roads out here.
I've got my tires all mounted. Not much out there for 15" fronts. They are Maxi scooter tires from the UK. Not for sale in North America. Sadly that's the most aggressive thing I could find.

The video is 12 minutes long but touches on a lot of points.
Even shows the Goldwing conversion above.




 
Good night, now that's a knobby!
 
Desert viper Wrote:How about a ride report and some pics with the knobbys ACK.....looking forward to it, Randy
No problem, I'm glad you guys are interested. I'm going to try all the places I took the R9T out here. I think I'll be able to carry a bit more speed through the sand then the BMW, assuming there is more grip. Lots of woods pictures like before.
Again thanks for the interest, I don't think the Niken guys like my dirt annticks!
I'm keeping the street tires together hoping to make the East Coast CB Rally next year.
I've been saying that since '13 and never have. I do still wear the t-shirt. :D

ACK
 
Back
Top