Wolfman Summit Saddlebags

JF Coastal_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Just thought I'd share. Just purchased the Wolfman Summit Saddlebags. First impressions, these are way too big for my bike. Dam, I have to return them!!

Second impressions. .. I love them, they won't be returned. They are top notch quality products that i'm so happy to own. After a few adjustments and a few rides this maybe one of the most practical and convenient add ons to my bike. After they are adjusted properly they can be added or removed to the bike with a minute or two.

If anyone else is considering them, here are some photos to help you out in the process. Let me know if you have any questions.






 
Thread starter
Thanks Redbirds, I think ill be happy with them. I keep making excuses to use them. Grocery runs, etc. Oops I forgot milk, I better go back. Haha.

Dr rock, just a few straps and they are read ready to go. This was an important part of my decision. Literally 1-2 minutes on and off. Plus they have additional tie down points for more gear To be added above
 
Wolfman makes good stuff. They should serve you well.
 
JF Coastal_imp said:
Thanks Redbirds, I think ill be happy with them. I keep making excuses to use them. Grocery runs, etc. Oops I forgot milk, I better go back. Haha.

Dr rock, just a few straps and they are read ready to go. This was an important part of my decision. Literally 1-2 minutes on and off. Plus they have additional tie down points for more gear To be added above
Are those T-Rex sliders on your CB?
 
Thread starter
aschem_imp said:
JF Coastal_imp said:
Thanks Redbirds, I think ill be happy with them. I keep making excuses to use them. Grocery runs, etc. Oops I forgot milk, I better go back. Haha.

Dr rock, just a few straps and they are read ready to go. This was an important part of my decision. Literally 1-2 minutes on and off. Plus they have additional tie down points for more gear To be added above
Are those T-Rex sliders on your CB?
Are those T-Rex sliders on your CB?

Nope, they are moriwaki frame sliders from samurider.
 
Looking at picking these up. I did notice you do not have the stock turn signals, would you expect the stock ones to cause any issue with how you have them set up? The location looks similar however maybe yours are a slimmer profile that is freeing up space? I guess with soft bags maybe it doesn't matter that much. Any input would be appreciated.
 
Thread starter
The rear turn signals do get in the way some. I wish they weren't there. That being said, bags still work great. they are pushed up against rear turn signals as far as they can be. Still plenty of room to sit, although I wish it could slide back that additional 3" or so. I assume that the stock turn signals would be a very similar situation. Mounting hole is still in the same location.
 
OK. They really got the bill of being not expensive and quick on and off. If the driver seat didn't have a strap on it I think I would have bought them already. But I may have to just live with it. Not seeing better options for what I want.
 
So take the strap off.
 
JF, me either. But just take it off if its a problem.

Maybe his dealer didn't show him how to get the seat off :P
 
Maybe he is talking about the saddlebag throw over strap? Honda doesn't have a strap on the drivers seat, it's on the passenger seat. The strap on my soft saddlebags goes partially on the drivers seat, and I suppose I sit on it some, but have never noticed it while riding.
 
I was talking about the strap on the saddlebag that sits over the drivers seat. It is possible I wont notice it, but it seems very likely I would have issues if i loaded them up for a trip and removed that strap. In any event, I have ordered a set and will find out soon enough. And yes I am very aware of how to remove the seat!
 
Ischliky,

The remove the seat comment was a kind of inside joke. A LOT of us couldn't figure out how to get it off and our salesmen didn't know either. Usually, like in my case, the service manager would show us how.

Yes, the procedure is in the owners manual, which is UNDER THE SEAT. :)
 
Well I missed the joke part. My salesman was showing me things on my bike and when it got time to open the seat he needed a few mins to get it. I guess it is not standard even for honda. On the plus side since it took him a min or 2 to get it, he made very sure I wasn't gonna ever waste that time myself later on.
 
Back
Top