emptysea
Road warrior
The point of the Yellow Wolf video post was to show that a Goldwing is "surprisingly nimble" and definitely not to condone riding that road in that manner.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

not nobody , I scared myself straight and lost a lot of friends on the wayThe ferret_imp said:remember VLJ I'm the low rpm smell the roses look at the scenery kinda guy nobody wants to ride like![]()
not nobody , I scared myself straight and lost a lot of friends on the way Tell you what, so did I. Lost riding buddies, on scene at way too many helicopter evacuations.use2b_imp said:not nobody , I scared myself straight and lost a lot of friends on the wayThe ferret_imp said:remember VLJ I'm the low rpm smell the roses look at the scenery kinda guy nobody wants to ride like![]()
I've ridden with and known plenty of guys who were supposedly great riders, racers, who thought they could get away with it.VLJ_imp said:Compared to what the guys I used to ride with did to each other on Mosquito Ridge and on the freeway, Yellow Snow's video is like an MSF Safety Training Course. These guys actually tried to shove each other off onto the shoulder while racing up there, and they were literally racing, on slicks-shod, track-prepped GSX-R1000s. They weren't just riding fast. They were flat-out racing, Isle of Man style, doing 150 mph through the alpine section of Mosquito Ridge, except these maniacs would do things like reach out and hit each other's kill switches, mid-corner.
They were also professional racers, and one was a professional stunt rider, as well. They could get away with it.
They buried a few of their friends, though, and I never did engage in any of their crap. For one thing, I wasn't good enough, plus I was never ballsy and/or stupid enough. I did have to bury my best friend, but we weren't riding anywhere near as crazily as those guys rode. Rather, he had a diabetic seizure which made him run wide and clamp down so hard on the brakes that he stoppied himself right into the grill of an oncoming river-rafting bus.
These days, I'm fairly worthless as a rider. I've lost the vast majority of my aggression.

+1000Acrobat_imp said:If you travel through Greek roads ( national and country ) , you'll notice every now and then small miniature churches on the side of the roads. In them are a photo and a candle. I've seen mothers of my friends collecting their sons shoes from the asphalt in absolute despair.
We've been there , done stupid things , we are VERY lucky to survive.
Who needs aggression VLJ , if you have Monica nothing can spoil your happiness . I said that before : This is the Monica effect..nothing to prove..
She is like a shield that protect you from evil and makes you a better person.![]()
What a guy.VLJ_imp said:Ulvetanna, I can tell you that at least one of these guys raced in AMA and World Superbike, and was the fastest, craziest street rider I've ever seen. He never ate it on the street. He made other, less talented guys eat it, though. These guys worshiped him and tried to hang with him, and he rode them right to their deaths.
+1000Acrobat_imp said:If you travel through Greek roads ( national and country ) , you'll notice every now and then small miniature churches on the side of the roads. In them are a photo and a candle. I've seen mothers of my friends collecting their sons shoes from the asphalt in absolute despair.
We've been there , done stupid things , we are VERY lucky to survive.
Who needs aggression VLJ , if you have Monica nothing can spoil your happiness . I said that before : This is the Monica effect..nothing to prove..
She is like a shield that protect you from evil and makes you a better person.![]()
That's too bad. Why I ride alone.VLJ_imp said:Ulvetanna, I can tell you that at least one of these guys raced in AMA and World Superbike, and was the fastest, craziest street rider I've ever seen. He never ate it on the street. He made other, less talented guys eat it, though. These guys worshiped him and tried to hang with him, and he rode them right to their deaths.
+1000Acrobat_imp said:If you travel through Greek roads ( national and country ) , you'll notice every now and then small miniature churches on the side of the roads. In them are a photo and a candle. I've seen mothers of my friends collecting their sons shoes from the asphalt in absolute despair.
We've been there , done stupid things , we are VERY lucky to survive.
Who needs aggression VLJ , if you have Monica nothing can spoil your happiness . I said that before : This is the Monica effect..nothing to prove..
She is like a shield that protect you from evil and makes you a better person.![]()
Amen!,EmptySea_imp said:OK. Rather than post what I really think about all of these recent posts ... How's about we let this thread go back on topic which was, if I recall, that memphismike makes pretty neat motorcycling videos and, if we appreciate them, he might post them here more often and contribute in a positive way to this forum? Whaddya think? Good plan? Good. Let's do.
Good man, good plan!Bheezy27403_imp said:One of my riding buddies is "this guy". Great rider, knows all the good roads. I just tuck in behind and try to keep up. He waits for me at stop signs. When we get in too big of groups are have new riders who hear about us being up on the hill, he will just stop and he and I or our small group will go somewhere else. He wants no part of idiots trying to show him up for who he is. It happens all the time. He wants no part of people dying to prove themselves.
Amen!,Mscb1100_imp said:Amen!,EmptySea_imp said:OK. Rather than post what I really think about all of these recent posts ... How's about we let this thread go back on topic which was, if I recall, that memphismike makes pretty neat motorcycling videos and, if we appreciate them, he might post them here more often and contribute in a positive way to this forum? Whaddya think? Good plan? Good. Let's do.
While at my dealers on Saturday I’ll mount my go pro on a 2018 Gold Wing DCT
I m test driving and upload it