Wish I was on CB1100 on the Dragon!!!!

The point of the Yellow Wolf video post was to show that a Goldwing is "surprisingly nimble" and definitely not to condone riding that road in that manner.
 
Indeed, Sea knows what it was meant to show. Merely that the Goldwing is capable of surprising agility, and can account itself quite well on a sporting ride. I merely pulled a video off of youtube since I didn't see any videos of a Goldwing on a race track.

Just to be clear, I don't condone or approve of riding like that on public roads (although I suspect some see no problem with it)
 
mickey Wrote:Just to be clear, I don't condone or approve of riding like that on public roads (although I suspect some see no problem with it)
 
remember VLJ I'm the low rpm smell the roses look at the scenery kinda guy nobody wants to ride like ;)
 
The ferret_imp said:
remember VLJ I'm the low rpm smell the roses look at the scenery kinda guy nobody wants to ride like ;)
not nobody , I scared myself straight and lost a lot of friends on the way
 
use2b_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
remember VLJ I'm the low rpm smell the roses look at the scenery kinda guy nobody wants to ride like ;)
not nobody , I scared myself straight and lost a lot of friends on the way
not nobody , I scared myself straight and lost a lot of friends on the way Tell you what, so did I. Lost riding buddies, on scene at way too many helicopter evacuations.

I posted some video of myself on my GSX-R 750 on the racetrack, that's where the speed belongs. I took them down a long time ago. A double-standard, to my thinking. Yellow Snow's video is about the most heinous example of dumb riding I've ever seen. And I've seen a heck of a lot of riders and riding.

This whole "Dragon" thing is a bad scene. I got over that stuff a long time ago. I do NOT ride like that on the street.
 
Compared to what the guys I used to ride with did to each other on Mosquito Ridge and on the freeway, Yellow Snow's video is like an MSF Safety Training Course. These guys actually tried to shove each other off onto the shoulder while racing up there, and they were literally racing, on slicks-shod, track-prepped GSX-R1000s. They weren't just riding fast. They were flat-out racing, Isle of Man style, doing 150 mph through the alpine section of Mosquito Ridge, except these maniacs would do things like reach out and hit each other's kill switches, mid-corner.

They were also professional racers, and one was a professional stunt rider, as well. They could get away with it.

They buried a few of their friends, though, and I never did engage in any of their crap. For one thing, I wasn't good enough, plus I was never ballsy and/or stupid enough. I did have to bury my best friend, but we weren't riding anywhere near as crazily as those guys rode. Rather, he had a diabetic seizure which made him run wide and clamp down so hard on the brakes that he stoppied himself right into the grill of an oncoming river-rafting bus.

These days, I'm fairly worthless as a rider. I've lost the vast majority of my aggression.
 
VLJ_imp said:
Compared to what the guys I used to ride with did to each other on Mosquito Ridge and on the freeway, Yellow Snow's video is like an MSF Safety Training Course. These guys actually tried to shove each other off onto the shoulder while racing up there, and they were literally racing, on slicks-shod, track-prepped GSX-R1000s. They weren't just riding fast. They were flat-out racing, Isle of Man style, doing 150 mph through the alpine section of Mosquito Ridge, except these maniacs would do things like reach out and hit each other's kill switches, mid-corner.

They were also professional racers, and one was a professional stunt rider, as well. They could get away with it.

They buried a few of their friends, though, and I never did engage in any of their crap. For one thing, I wasn't good enough, plus I was never ballsy and/or stupid enough. I did have to bury my best friend, but we weren't riding anywhere near as crazily as those guys rode. Rather, he had a diabetic seizure which made him run wide and clamp down so hard on the brakes that he stoppied himself right into the grill of an oncoming river-rafting bus.

These days, I'm fairly worthless as a rider. I've lost the vast majority of my aggression.
I've ridden with and known plenty of guys who were supposedly great riders, racers, who thought they could get away with it.

Many are dead now. Because that stupid stuff does catch up with them.

I think a lot of riders believe that certain other riders just have some kind of magical skill that lets them ride idiotically.

I used to believe that myself, until we started scraping people off the pavement.

It was always the guy out front, the fastest guy, who bought it. Almost always anyway. Three of them come to mind right now.

No one can ride like that all the time and not have it eventually get them. Maybe not today, but someday, because the odds are not in their favor at all.

I cannot think of a single so-called "fast guy" on the street that has not had a serious or fatal accident over the last 35 years. Not one.

Speaking of racers, I have known, and worked closely with, racers at every level, from Formula One (now MotoGP) World Champions (three of these gents, with ten championships between them), AMA Pro Racing Champions (several), to club-level champions.

None of these had any special incantations to prevent them falling.

I would say ALL "racers" (any moron who managed to get a racing license with some club) who do this on the street are lousy racers and not very good people. That's been my experience.
 
If you travel through Greek roads ( national and country ) , you'll notice every now and then small miniature churches on the side of the roads. In them are a photo and a candle. I've seen mothers of my friends collecting their sons shoes from the asphalt in absolute despair.

We've been there , done stupid things , we are VERY lucky to survive.

Who needs aggression VLJ , if you have Monica nothing can spoil your happiness . I said that before : This is the Monica effect..nothing to prove..

She is like a shield that protect you from evil and makes you a better person.:rolleyes:
 
Ulvetanna, I can tell you that at least one of these guys raced in AMA and World Superbike, and was the fastest, craziest street rider I've ever seen. He never ate it on the street. He made other, less talented guys eat it, though. These guys worshiped him and tried to hang with him, and he rode them right to their deaths.
Acrobat_imp said:
If you travel through Greek roads ( national and country ) , you'll notice every now and then small miniature churches on the side of the roads. In them are a photo and a candle. I've seen mothers of my friends collecting their sons shoes from the asphalt in absolute despair.

We've been there , done stupid things , we are VERY lucky to survive.

Who needs aggression VLJ , if you have Monica nothing can spoil your happiness . I said that before : This is the Monica effect..nothing to prove..

She is like a shield that protect you from evil and makes you a better person.:rolleyes:
+1000
 
This discussion minds me of Ed Hertfelder and his terrific columns.

If you don't know Ed Hertfelder, you are not an old guy and have no business being interested in a CB1100, let alone owning one. But that can be remedied.

Ed once wrote a column ("Duct Tapes") about the mythical "fast guy" that was always faster than anyone else in the group, and NEVER, EVER crashed.

Most of us like to believe that guy exists, and that maybe someday we could become that guy, or at least the guy who can keep him in sight.

I knew probably three or four guys who were regarded as the "fastest". At the watering hole, the talk was always about how fast so-and-so was. No one can keep up with (we'll call him "Ed") "Ed"!

"Do you know Ed? I ride with Ed's group. He's the fastest guy on the hill. No one can catch him."

Then one day, I showed up at the watering hole. First thing I hear from one of my riding buddies is, "Did you hear about Ed?"

"Huh? I been out of town. What's up?"

"Oh, man, he was in a terrible accident. He was riding with (insert names of other super-fast yokels here). He ran off Racer Road at 140 mph. It was bad, really bad."

Well, names have been changed, but there were several "Eds" and some died, some were badly injured. All fell.

Of course, anyone can go out for a nice easy ride and be taken out by a drunk or left-turner, or just plain make a dumb mistake. But the "Eds" of this world get there a lot faster.

Back to Ed Hertfelder (a slower, smarter Ed), his latest book is a great compilation of nearly 400 columns. I just bought it on Amazon. It's about $30.

He did in fact write a very good column about "Ed."
 
VLJ_imp said:
Ulvetanna, I can tell you that at least one of these guys raced in AMA and World Superbike, and was the fastest, craziest street rider I've ever seen. He never ate it on the street. He made other, less talented guys eat it, though. These guys worshiped him and tried to hang with him, and he rode them right to their deaths.
Acrobat_imp said:
If you travel through Greek roads ( national and country ) , you'll notice every now and then small miniature churches on the side of the roads. In them are a photo and a candle. I've seen mothers of my friends collecting their sons shoes from the asphalt in absolute despair.

We've been there , done stupid things , we are VERY lucky to survive.

Who needs aggression VLJ , if you have Monica nothing can spoil your happiness . I said that before : This is the Monica effect..nothing to prove..

She is like a shield that protect you from evil and makes you a better person.:rolleyes:
+1000
What a guy.
 
VLJ_imp said:
Ulvetanna, I can tell you that at least one of these guys raced in AMA and World Superbike, and was the fastest, craziest street rider I've ever seen. He never ate it on the street. He made other, less talented guys eat it, though. These guys worshiped him and tried to hang with him, and he rode them right to their deaths.
Acrobat_imp said:
If you travel through Greek roads ( national and country ) , you'll notice every now and then small miniature churches on the side of the roads. In them are a photo and a candle. I've seen mothers of my friends collecting their sons shoes from the asphalt in absolute despair.

We've been there , done stupid things , we are VERY lucky to survive.

Who needs aggression VLJ , if you have Monica nothing can spoil your happiness . I said that before : This is the Monica effect..nothing to prove..

She is like a shield that protect you from evil and makes you a better person.:rolleyes:
+1000
That's too bad. Why I ride alone.
 
One of my riding buddies is "this guy". Great rider, knows all the good roads. I just tuck in behind and try to keep up. He waits for me at stop signs. When we get in too big of groups are have new riders who hear about us being up on the hill, he will just stop and he and I or our small group will go somewhere else. He wants no part of idiots trying to show him up for who he is. It happens all the time. He wants no part of people dying to prove themselves.
 
OK. Rather than post what I really think about all of these recent posts ... How's about we let this thread go back on topic which was, if I recall, that memphismike makes pretty neat motorcycling videos and, if we appreciate them, he might post them here more often and contribute in a positive way to this forum? Whaddya think? Good plan? Good. Let's do.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
OK. Rather than post what I really think about all of these recent posts ... How's about we let this thread go back on topic which was, if I recall, that memphismike makes pretty neat motorcycling videos and, if we appreciate them, he might post them here more often and contribute in a positive way to this forum? Whaddya think? Good plan? Good. Let's do.
Amen!,
While at my dealers on Saturday I’ll mount my go pro on a 2018 Gold Wing DCT
I m test driving and upload it
 
Bheezy27403_imp said:
One of my riding buddies is "this guy". Great rider, knows all the good roads. I just tuck in behind and try to keep up. He waits for me at stop signs. When we get in too big of groups are have new riders who hear about us being up on the hill, he will just stop and he and I or our small group will go somewhere else. He wants no part of idiots trying to show him up for who he is. It happens all the time. He wants no part of people dying to prove themselves.
Good man, good plan!

Topic was CB1100 on the Worm. Mod posted video of crazy Gold Wing rider. Ensuing posts were predictable.
Mscb1100_imp said:
EmptySea_imp said:
OK. Rather than post what I really think about all of these recent posts ... How's about we let this thread go back on topic which was, if I recall, that memphismike makes pretty neat motorcycling videos and, if we appreciate them, he might post them here more often and contribute in a positive way to this forum? Whaddya think? Good plan? Good. Let's do.
Amen!,
While at my dealers on Saturday I’ll mount my go pro on a 2018 Gold Wing DCT
I m test driving and upload it
Amen!,
While at my dealers on Saturday I’ll mount my go pro on a 2018 Gold Wing DCT
I m test driving and upload it About time!
 
Back
Top