Wish I was on CB1100 on the Dragon!!!!

I thought about deleting the picture, but, hey.

Interesting description of your style. Reminds me of Stirling Moss’s dictum: ‘‘tis better to go in slow and come out fast than to go in fast and come out dead.

Bit irresponsible for a bloke who rides on the track as often as you.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I thought about deleting the picture, but, hey.

Interesting description of your style. Reminds me of Stirling Moss’s dictum: ‘‘tis better to go in slow and come out fast than to go in fast and come out dead.

Bit irresponsible for a bloke who rides on the track as often as you.
Have not heard that one but that about sums it up.
 
Guth_imp said:
Ulvetanna_imp said:
Guth_imp said:
Then there's my riding style: Into the corner slow and out of the corner slow (but a little less so).
As long as we get home and back into the garage, kickstand down, that's fast enough.
Amen to that.
Amen to that.
Yes, indeed!

How quickly was Memphis Mike going? I’ve followed Goldwing riders who seem to get along at an amazing pace. I talked to a riding instructor once who told me I should try one to appreciate how surprisingly nimble they are. It’s hard to believe.
 
Ulvetanna, I'm not sure how that post of mine could have possibly left any doubt that I did indeed buy the bike. I stated in no uncertain terms that I made my local dealer an offer, they declined it, I made another dealer the same offer, they accepted it, I came and picked up the bike, and rode it home in the rain. I even mentioned that I purchased the extended warranty.

Not a lot of gray area there, open to misinterpretation.

As for the picture, it's a nonissue. It shows a fully clothed woman, knees pressed together, sitting on an ottoman. Nothing more. That picture and that entire post are Rated G. Any Disney movie is likely as not to show just as much skin. Any fitness magazine cover, as well.

As to why I included that picture and structured my review in that manner, you would have to know my history with mickey and this forum. He and I have been bantering about the CB1100 for years now, and not too long ago we were comparing various bikes to women. I initially compared the CB1100 to Megan Fox, because it's so gorgeous, but later changed it to Monica Bellucci because the CB isn't really a young, washboard abs and tats-laden party girl. Like the CB, Monica Bellucci is more of a timeless beauty: mature, voluptuous, classically flawless.

mickey and a few other people liked that analogy, and it stuck. So, when it came time to introduce my new CB1100 to the forum, I followed our previous conversation to its logical conclusion. I had Monica make her own introduction.

Just a different twist on the tried-and-true bike review formula, is all. Lighthearted fun.

We're still allowed to have fun now and then, aren't we? This is a motorcycle forum, and motorcycles are nothing if not fun toys for grownups that refuse to grow up.

Together, I think we'll survive this egregious attack on common decency, or whatever it is that might have certain people's panties in a bunch. I think we'll be okay.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I'm pretty sure he bought the bike. I'm also pretty sure that the use of pulchritude for any reason will not greatly be encouraged. Twice may be enough. I can't remember whether you were around for Hondahoney episode at the end of 2016. It did not end well.

But then it wasn't nearly as clever as VLJ's work.
Right off the cover of Easy Riders, I remember.
 
All you blokes who want to make your bikes lighter ... pay close attention to the video. :P
 
Nimble at ay speed...
Cormanus_imp said:
Guth_imp said:
Ulvetanna_imp said:
Guth_imp said:
Then there's my riding style: Into the corner slow and out of the corner slow (but a little less so).
As long as we get home and back into the garage, kickstand down, that's fast enough.
Amen to that.
Amen to that.
Yes, indeed!

How quickly was Memphis Mike going? I’ve followed Goldwing riders who seem to get along at an amazing pace. I talked to a riding instructor once who told me I should try one to appreciate how surprisingly nimble they are. It’s hard to believe.
It is very true that some of those mastodons present no problem once they are above 50 km/h on a good surface. How they behave between 0 and 50 is something else again; and whether it is a problem that can or can not be ignored depends on where, how, why and how often we ride. I like the freedom of choice, but I like the freedom to ride a motorcycle when, why and how often I want even more. (Which explains my choice :)
 
Yellow Wolf on his Goldwing at the Dragon

 
I think I saw him on 129 one of the time I was down there, but I was too far away to tell for sure. I think he changed to (or from) a red Wing at some point, too.
 
rotor_imp said:
Nimble at ay speed...
Cormanus_imp said:
Guth_imp said:
Ulvetanna_imp said:
Guth_imp said:
Then there's my riding style: Into the corner slow and out of the corner slow (but a little less so).
As long as we get home and back into the garage, kickstand down, that's fast enough.
Amen to that.
Amen to that.
Yes, indeed!

How quickly was Memphis Mike going? I’ve followed Goldwing riders who seem to get along at an amazing pace. I talked to a riding instructor once who told me I should try one to appreciate how surprisingly nimble they are. It’s hard to believe.
It is very true that some of those mastodons present no problem once they are above 50 km/h on a good surface. How they behave between 0 and 50 is something else again; and whether it is a problem that can or can not be ignored depends on where, how, why and how often we ride. I like the freedom of choice, but I like the freedom to ride a motorcycle when, why and how often I want even more. (Which explains my choice :)
It is very true that some of those mastodons present no problem once they are above 50 km/h on a good surface. How they behave between 0 and 50 is something else again; and whether it is a problem that can or can not be ignored depends on where, how, why and how often we ride. I like the freedom of choice, but I like the freedom to ride a motorcycle when, why and how often I want even more. (Which explains my choice :)
First, I think the word "comparatively nimble" is implied in the riding instructor's comment. Second, they more than hold their own between 0 and 50 and on less than smooth roads. All in all the Goldwing is an amazing motorcycle and while I agree that one should choose a bike based on where, how, why and how often one rides, the Goldwing is no "mastodon" and is probably a good choice for a lot of folks that don't understand its capabilities.

PS. I probably will never own one because I don't have room in my garage or my budget for one. Besides that, I do love my 2013 CB1100 an awful lot. :)
 
Back
Top