Wiring Lighting

ymtnpoah11_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Best practices for wiring when replacing lighting?

I have a damaged tail light and turn signal ready to replace. It appears there are no connectors at these ends.

I suppose I can solder the signal connection, but what about the tail light?

One thread I found discussed removing the fender and accessing the wiring harness under the battery box. Is there a better way?

Thanks!
 
ymtnpoah11_imp said:
Best practices for wiring when replacing lighting?

I have a damaged tail light and turn signal ready to replace. It appears there are no connectors at these ends.

I suppose I can solder the signal connection, but what about the tail light?

One thread I found discussed removing the fender and accessing the wiring harness under the battery box. Is there a better way?

Thanks!
could you please describe model, type of light (led?), and damage
because it depends
 
In real life the pigtail goes to a boot under the seat on the left side of the space the battery is in.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
In real life the pigtail goes to a boot under the seat on the left side of the space the battery is in.
Ah, thank you LPG. I haven't messed with the tail light at all, but the pigtail didn't look long enough in the picture to reach that far.
 
Randy, the fiche for the rear turn signals shows the same short leads, but they actually go to that boot too. Are longer than the drawing looks.
 
Thread starter
Okay. So the connections are near the battery. Then one way to replace oe lights would be to remove the fender and de-route and re-route the wiring harnesses as they are.

But... is there an easier way? (that's still durable/sound)

I imagine someone has replaced lighting and done it differently.
 
ymtnpoah11, I don’t think it’s all that difficult. Take the seat off and you can easily access the wiring.
 
Back
Top