Wire wheels

hedstrom_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
There has been a lot of discussion on this forum about retro-fitting the new factory wire wheels to a bike with alloy wheels. Maybe this is a stupid question, but do we know that the brake rotors for the alloy wheels will bolt right up to the wire wheels. I LOVE wire wheels and am so disappointed we didn't get them in the U.S.
 
Once avaliable we'll have to set up a group by from Takashi. I'll bet the '13 rotors will work. Also, I'm hoping they are tubeless?
 
That's a pretty interesting question the OP raises: if the rotors bolt right to the wheel as they do with the CB, how do you replicate that with wires? It looks like the 2014 CB EX wheels are a hybrid of wire and "mag" wheels. In the photos the rotors appear to mount to a large center "hub," and the spokes mount to that.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
That's a pretty interesting question the OP raises: if the rotors bolt right to the wheel as they do with the CB, how do you replicate that with wires? It looks like the 2014 CB EX wheels are a hybrid of wire and "mag" wheels. In the photos the rotors appear to mount to a large center "hub," and the spokes mount to that.
The 2013 rotors will not work on the spoked wheels since it a hubless design as honda calls it.
Spaceman is right.
 
Thread starter
After closely examining some photos it is clear that the brake rotors (fronts anyway) on the wire wheels are NOT the same as those on the alloy wheels. The ABS sensors are different, too. I believe there is a conspiracy to deprive Americans of the wire spoke wheels we deserve.
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
Once avaliable we'll have to set up a group by from Takashi. I'll bet the '13 rotors will work. Also, I'm hoping they are tubeless?
Ack-CB11: What tires are you using? What mods did you do to the fork internals if any? What does your bike dyno out at, HP and torque? How do you like the Ohlins shocks? Thx!
 
Red Mist_imp said:
Ack-CB11_imp said:
Once avaliable we'll have to set up a group by from Takashi. I'll bet the '13 rotors will work. Also, I'm hoping they are tubeless?
Ack-CB11: What tires are you using? What mods did you do to the fork internals if any? What does your bike dyno out at, HP and torque? How do you like the Ohlins shocks? Thx!
Dunlops still.

Hyperpro fork spring kit:
motogpwerks full system

No dyno on Nantucket, might make the trip this summer

Love the Ohlins:
Ohlins
hedstrom_imp said:
After closely examining some photos it is clear that the brake rotors (fronts anyway) on the wire wheels are NOT the same as those on the alloy wheels. The ABS sensors are different, too. I believe there is a conspiracy to deprive Americans of the wire spoke wheels we deserve.
I think the CB will sell much better then last year, I'll bet next year the US gets more colors and the spoke wheel option.
 
Quote:I believe there is a conspiracy to deprive Americans of the wire spoke wheels we deserve.
This is America. We don't get what we deserve, we get what we can afford. :dodgy:
 
With all of the standardization that Honda has done over the years one would think that an older set of Honda spoke wheels could be made to work on the CB1100.
All you really need are a set of hubs that would work on the CB1100, then, with a hand full of money Buchanan's http://buchananspokes.net/ could lace up a set of rims. Hmmmmm....
TINK
 
Back
Top