peterbaron
Road warrior
Good evening Gumby, how's it going, still riding your HD??
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
peterbaron_imp said:Good evening Gumby, how's it going, still riding your HD??

Very classy arrangement - easy on the eyes.Gumby 1100_imp said:peterbaron_imp said:Good evening Gumby, how's it going, still riding your HD??
Yes Peter, I am still enjoying a bike on which I do not need to wear a full face helmet and ear plugs. The Harley Windscreen with Chrome Lowers makes for a quiet, buffet-free ride! I can enjoy the sounds around me and the rumble of the exhaust!
Thanks too to GoldOxide...you can tell by my Road King that I am still partial to the colour Blue![]()


He got it from SMURFrider.com :rofl:The ferret_imp said:I use a shorty shield, a cut down NC Street shield EX for trips or cool weather riding, but I generally take it off mid May and put it on again in October. When it's off I can ride any distance at 70 mph or better without issue.
set up for trips
![]()
but rode it "nekid" to North Carolina for this pic
![]()
He got it from SMURFrider.com :rofl:EmptySea_imp said:He got it from SMURFrider.com :rofl:The ferret_imp said:I use a shorty shield, a cut down NC Street shield EX for trips or cool weather riding, but I generally take it off mid May and put it on again in October. When it's off I can ride any distance at 70 mph or better without issue.
set up for trips
![]()
but rode it "nekid" to North Carolina for this pic
![]()

^j3gq_imp said:Those of you who are happy with their shields, and who mount and unmount the shield from time to time:
up to which speeds and / or distances are you perfectly happy without your shield ?
I don't use a shield, and I am perfectly happy (in summer) to ride at 65 mph and distances of up to 3 hours
(at which point I am anyway getting fed up, with or without a shield)![]()
I had installed a high Puig, then I removed it because it created turbulence in the hips.j3gq_imp said:Those of you who are happy with their shields, and who mount and unmount the shield from time to time:
up to which speeds and / or distances are you perfectly happy without your shield ?
I don't use a shield, and I am perfectly happy (in summer) to ride at 65 mph and distances of up to 3 hours
(at which point I am anyway getting fed up, with or without a shield)![]()
jedd_imp said:i've used this in the past by national plexifairing.
it blocks wind the best, even all the way across the hands.
![]()
I've since replaced it with this one by MRA. Go to the 40 sec. mark if you don't want to see all the products listed for the CB1100 from twisted throttle.
the Nat'l Fairing and the MRA, once the female fittings are properly positioned and secured tightly onto the handlebar (& fork tube for Nat'l fairing)...... Both are very easy to slap on and take off .iamlegend21087_imp said:jedd_imp said:i've used this in the past by national plexifairing.
it blocks wind the best, even all the way across the hands.
![]()
I've since replaced it with this one by MRA. Go to the 40 sec. mark if you don't want to see all the products listed for the CB1100 from twisted throttle.
How was this on the highway and is it easy to take off? I'd like to buy one to slap on when I ride 2 hours all highway to the lady's house.
