Will '13 accessories fit on the '14?

CB4ME_imp said:
Gheil - copy that on the rear rack. I mean - when have dealers ever been wrong? :D

I asked Jerry Finley over at Pirate’s Lair is he knew anything about Staintune's plans with the 2014 Deluxe. Jerry didn't even know about the Deluxe but was going to reach out to Staintune.

Does anyone know if the EX is available in Australia?

If the 2013 staintunes still works on the left side, I would be tempted to order a second one for the Deluxe.
The Staintune has a mount on the inside if the pipe, and for the original heat shield, so no turning it around for the other side of the bike. They will have to develop a two- can solution.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
The last model imported to Australia was in 2011. I've read somewhere that Honda is not bringing either the standard or EX or Deluxe models to Australia in 2014. Those of us who have one of the 2010 or 2011 models got lucky. :)
What the heck is Honda thinking? It doesn't make sense!
 
Thread starter
Capo_imp said:
CB4ME_imp said:
Gheil - copy that on the rear rack. I mean - when have dealers ever been wrong? :D

I asked Jerry Finley over at Pirate’s Lair is he knew anything about Staintune's plans with the 2014 Deluxe. Jerry didn't even know about the Deluxe but was going to reach out to Staintune.

Does anyone know if the EX is available in Australia?

If the 2013 staintunes still works on the left side, I would be tempted to order a second one for the Deluxe.
The Staintune has a mount on the inside if the pipe, and for the original heat shield, so no turning it around for the other side of the bike. They will have to develop a two- can solution.
The Staintune has a mount on the inside if the pipe, and for the original heat shield, so no turning it around for the other side of the bike. They will have to develop a two- can solution.
A toucan solution...




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
chrisross_imp said:
Capo_imp said:
CB4ME_imp said:
Gheil - copy that on the rear rack. I mean - when have dealers ever been wrong? :D

I asked Jerry Finley over at Pirate’s Lair is he knew anything about Staintune's plans with the 2014 Deluxe. Jerry didn't even know about the Deluxe but was going to reach out to Staintune.

Does anyone know if the EX is available in Australia?

If the 2013 staintunes still works on the left side, I would be tempted to order a second one for the Deluxe.
The Staintune has a mount on the inside if the pipe, and for the original heat shield, so no turning it around for the other side of the bike. They will have to develop a two- can solution.
The Staintune has a mount on the inside if the pipe, and for the original heat shield, so no turning it around for the other side of the bike. They will have to develop a two- can solution.
A toucan solution...




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

an expensive 2 can solution..........

2014 Deluxe owners (paid, pending or contemplating):

I don't think anyone would want to replace the 2 walled stainless steel 4 into 2 headers - that's a prime attraction of the Deluxe IMHO.

But what about slip-ons for better sound (and better performance if you open up the intake side)?

If I pull the trigger, the bike will have the TSR air funnel and K&N filter, a PCV, and a pair of hi-flow slip-ons. Yes, the CAT would still be in place, but the bike's exhaust note and the bike's responsiveness would be a lot better.
 
Buffalohead_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
The last model imported to Australia was in 2011. I've read somewhere that Honda is not bringing either the standard or EX or Deluxe models to Australia in 2014. Those of us who have one of the 2010 or 2011 models got lucky. :)
What the heck is Honda thinking? It doesn't make sense!
What the heck is Honda thinking? It doesn't make sense!
It makes some sense. The CB11 didn't really take off in Australia the way they hoped. From what I heard, last year some Australian dealers still had unsold 2011 models on the floor.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
Buffalohead_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
The last model imported to Australia was in 2011. I've read somewhere that Honda is not bringing either the standard or EX or Deluxe models to Australia in 2014. Those of us who have one of the 2010 or 2011 models got lucky. :)
What the heck is Honda thinking? It doesn't make sense!
What the heck is Honda thinking? It doesn't make sense!
It makes some sense. The CB11 didn't really take off in Australia the way they hoped. From what I heard, last year some Australian dealers still had unsold 2011 models on the floor.
Actually, that's the only thing it could be. After all, Honda is in business to sell bikes. I can't imagine why they would sell good elsewhere but not in Australia. It's really a bummer for guy's like Cormanus who are going to want a new one sooner or later. Too bad it's not possible to buy one elsewhere and have it shipped. But, of course that's illegal.
 
Reply from Staintune to Jerry Finley of Prirates Lair who has best prices of Staintune exhausts:

Hi Jerry,
I am very sorry to say that Honda Australia will not be selling the CB1100F here this year or next.
We will not be able to get a bike to make the Deluxe twin pipes on.
This is very disappointing for us as the CB1100 has been one of our top sellers.
Kind Regards
Adam / Staintune

2014 Deluxe owners wishing to have a better sounding exhaust and a boost in performance will need to find another slip-on manufacturer.

IMHO Staintune offers the best built, best looking slip-on that preserves the overall look of the bike and produces an excellent exhaust note. This is disappointing, especially for everyone in Australia.
 
Buffalohead_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
Buffalohead_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
The last model imported to Australia was in 2011. I've read somewhere that Honda is not bringing either the standard or EX or Deluxe models to Australia in 2014. Those of us who have one of the 2010 or 2011 models got lucky. :)
What the heck is Honda thinking? It doesn't make sense!
What the heck is Honda thinking? It doesn't make sense!
It makes some sense. The CB11 didn't really take off in Australia the way they hoped. From what I heard, last year some Australian dealers still had unsold 2011 models on the floor.
Actually, that's the only thing it could be. After all, Honda is in business to sell bikes. I can't imagine why they would sell good elsewhere but not in Australia. It's really a bummer for guy's like Cormanus who are going to want a new one sooner or later. Too bad it's not possible to buy one elsewhere and have it shipped. But, of course that's illegal.
Actually, that's the only thing it could be. After all, Honda is in business to sell bikes. I can't imagine why they would sell good elsewhere but not in Australia. It's really a bummer for guy's like Cormanus who are going to want a new one sooner or later. Too bad it's not possible to buy one elsewhere and have it shipped. But, of course that's illegal.
Kind of you. Actually, I rather hope I can make this one last. If I look after it and ride it carefully and contain my natural enthusiasm for the new, I might make it.

CB4ME_imp said:
Reply from Staintune to Jerry Finley of Prirates Lair who has best prices of Staintune exhausts:

Hi Jerry,
I am very sorry to say that Honda Australia will not be selling the CB1100F here this year or next.
We will not be able to get a bike to make the Deluxe twin pipes on.
This is very disappointing for us as the CB1100 has been one of our top sellers.
Kind Regards
Adam / Staintune

2014 Deluxe owners wishing to have a better sounding exhaust and a boost in performance will need to find another slip-on manufacturer.

IMHO Staintune offers the best built, best looking slip-on that preserves the overall look of the bike and produces an excellent exhaust note. This is disappointing, especially for everyone in Australia.
It's not only sad for us in Australia, but also for Staintune (because they're losing a market and export opportunity) and the rest of the world (because you won't be able to buy their product).
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Buffalohead_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
Buffalohead_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
The last model imported to Australia was in 2011. I've read somewhere that Honda is not bringing either the standard or EX or Deluxe models to Australia in 2014. Those of us who have one of the 2010 or 2011 models got lucky. :)
What the heck is Honda thinking? It doesn't make sense!
What the heck is Honda thinking? It doesn't make sense!
It makes some sense. The CB11 didn't really take off in Australia the way they hoped. From what I heard, last year some Australian dealers still had unsold 2011 models on the floor.
Actually, that's the only thing it could be. After all, Honda is in business to sell bikes. I can't imagine why they would sell good elsewhere but not in Australia. It's really a bummer for guy's like Cormanus who are going to want a new one sooner or later. Too bad it's not possible to buy one elsewhere and have it shipped. But, of course that's illegal.
Actually, that's the only thing it could be. After all, Honda is in business to sell bikes. I can't imagine why they would sell good elsewhere but not in Australia. It's really a bummer for guy's like Cormanus who are going to want a new one sooner or later. Too bad it's not possible to buy one elsewhere and have it shipped. But, of course that's illegal.
Kind of you. Actually, I rather hope I can make this one last. If I look after it and ride it carefully and contain my natural enthusiasm for the new, I might make it.

CB4ME_imp said:
Reply from Staintune to Jerry Finley of Prirates Lair who has best prices of Staintune exhausts:

Hi Jerry,
I am very sorry to say that Honda Australia will not be selling the CB1100F here this year or next.
We will not be able to get a bike to make the Deluxe twin pipes on.
This is very disappointing for us as the CB1100 has been one of our top sellers.
Kind Regards
Adam / Staintune

2014 Deluxe owners wishing to have a better sounding exhaust and a boost in performance will need to find another slip-on manufacturer.

IMHO Staintune offers the best built, best looking slip-on that preserves the overall look of the bike and produces an excellent exhaust note. This is disappointing, especially for everyone in Australia.
It's not only sad for us in Australia, but also for Staintune (because they're losing a market and export opportunity) and the rest of the world (because you won't be able to buy their product).
Agreed! But 2014 Standard owners will still have the opportunity to purchase this fine product.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
Reply from Staintune to Jerry Finley of Prirates Lair who has best prices of Staintune exhausts:

Hi Jerry,
I am very sorry to say that Honda Australia will not be selling the CB1100F here this year or next.
We will not be able to get a bike to make the Deluxe twin pipes on.
This is very disappointing for us as the CB1100 has been one of our top sellers.
Kind Regards
Adam / Staintune

2014 Deluxe owners wishing to have a better sounding exhaust and a boost in performance will need to find another slip-on manufacturer.

IMHO Staintune offers the best built, best looking slip-on that preserves the overall look of the bike and produces an excellent exhaust note. This is disappointing, especially for everyone in Australia.
Would they necessarily need the whole bike? What if they had only the stock Deluxe exhausts sent to them by someone next winter? Wouldn't that be enough for them to determine the dimensions and the mounting points etc.?
 
Thread starter
Scoobynut_imp said:
CB4ME_imp said:
Reply from Staintune to Jerry Finley of Prirates Lair who has best prices of Staintune exhausts:

Hi Jerry,
I am very sorry to say that Honda Australia will not be selling the CB1100F here this year or next.
We will not be able to get a bike to make the Deluxe twin pipes on.
This is very disappointing for us as the CB1100 has been one of our top sellers.
Kind Regards
Adam / Staintune

2014 Deluxe owners wishing to have a better sounding exhaust and a boost in performance will need to find another slip-on manufacturer.

IMHO Staintune offers the best built, best looking slip-on that preserves the overall look of the bike and produces an excellent exhaust note. This is disappointing, especially for everyone in Australia.
Would they necessarily need the whole bike? What if they had only the stock Deluxe exhausts sent to them by someone next winter? Wouldn't that be enough for them to determine the dimensions and the mounting points etc.?
Would they necessarily need the whole bike? What if they had only the stock Deluxe exhausts sent to them by someone next winter? Wouldn't that be enough for them to determine the dimensions and the mounting points etc.?
Am I overthinking things to say that they don't just build an exhaust that fits the bike, but instead they engineer a system that enhances (not inhibits) the bikes performance and exhaust note?

Might be a little too optimistic.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top