Will '13 accessories fit on the '14?

chrisross_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Specifically the Power Commander V and Yoshi full exhaust.

Looks like they'll fit the new bike. Hopefully I don't have to wait for companies to release products for the new model.

EDIT: I'm talking about the standard model, not deluxe...obviously the exhaust is quite different on the deluxe
 
The 2014 standard is basically the 2013 model with 3 differences: Black treatment, 6 speed gerarbox and updated instrumentation. Everything else stays the same. Yoshi and PCV will work.

The 2014 Deluxe does introduce a few uncertainties, but Gheil confirmed the 1st generation rear rack will fit despite the grab bar angle change on the '14 Deluxe. 2013 cowls won't work as designed due to the repositioned headlight. Color is different, so anything that matches 2013's candy glory red, likne side panels (or fenders!), won't match. Centerstand is likely different, so there might be issues if you want a pair of slip-ons and one of them came off a 2013 model. Don't know much at this point.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
The 2014 standard is basically the 2013 model with 3 differences: Black treatment, 6 speed gerarbox and updated instrumentation. Everything else stays the same. Yoshi and PCV will work.

The 2014 Deluxe does introduce a few uncertainties, but Gheil confirmed the 1st generation rear rack will fit despite the grab bar angle change on the '14 Deluxe. 2013 cowls won't work as designed due to the repositioned headlight. Color is different, so anything that matches 2013's candy glory red, likne side panels (or fenders!), won't match. Centerstand is likely different, so there might be issues if you want a pair of slip-ons and one of them came off a 2013 model. Don't know much at this point.
Most dissapointing thing I've heard this year. I ordered a pair of the new side panels for my '13. I'll post photos when they arrive (end of the month). Hopefully the color isn't too far off, otherwise I'll probably repaint them like I did my headlight bucket.
 
Yeah, it has to be a Standard. If you we're going to buy a DLX, can you imagine how many '13 owners would want to buy your 4 into 2 exhaust??!!! :exclamation:
 
I've always liked color, maybe because my first street bike was a red/white/blue 86 600 Ninja, and my road and mountain bike are both red, I LOVE the red 13 CB!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
chrisross_imp said:
Sorry '13 owners. That black on black is just too perfect (for me...a younger dude).
I think it's great that Honda came up with a variant aimed at young buyers. As an old geezer, I love the DLX. Something for all of us! Actually, is it wasn't for the exhaust and the wheels, I would buy the black because I'm going to have to paint a DLX black anyway because I need a black one. :D

BTW Chris, welcome to the asylum! Where in AR are you? I have a bro and sis in Ft. Smith. I'm not too far.
 
Thread starter
Buffalohead_imp said:
chrisross_imp said:
Sorry '13 owners. That black on black is just too perfect (for me...a younger dude).
I think it's great that Honda came up with a variant aimed at young buyers. As an old geezer, I love the DLX. Something for all of us! Actually, is it wasn't for the exhaust and the wheels, I would buy the black because I'm going to have to paint a DLX black anyway because I need a black one. :D

BTW Chris, welcome to the asylum! Where in AR are you? I have a bro and sis in Ft. Smith. I'm not too far.
I think it's great that Honda came up with a variant aimed at young buyers. As an old geezer, I love the DLX. Something for all of us! Actually, is it wasn't for the exhaust and the wheels, I would buy the black because I'm going to have to paint a DLX black anyway because I need a black one. :D
All my buds I show the Black one to give it the definite nod of approval. It's very slick and understated, and very cool. I can see the appeal of the older guys to the DLX and '13 models; it's got a classic style that I can only assume I'd be all over if I grew up in the 70s.

I agree it was a very good move on Honda's part.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
The 2014 standard is basically the 2013 model with 3 differences: Black treatment, 6 speed gerarbox and updated instrumentation. Everything else stays the same. Yoshi and PCV will work.

The 2014 Deluxe does introduce a few uncertainties, but Gheil confirmed the 1st generation rear rack will fit despite the grab bar angle change on the '14 Deluxe. 2013 cowls won't work as designed due to the repositioned headlight. Color is different, so anything that matches 2013's candy glory red, likne side panels (or fenders!), won't match. Centerstand is likely different, so there might be issues if you want a pair of slip-ons and one of them came off a 2013 model. Don't know much at this point.
Carefull...the only confirmation I have is what the dealer TOLD me. They could be wrong. If they are, I'm going to be a bit annoyed :@
 
gheil, if it doesn't fit sell it to a forum member with a 13 and pick up one that will.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Black is good
Your black DOES look good (with no stripes). It's the "blacked out" look that's a little too much for me. Yours is the right amount of black IMO. BTW, in the U.S., we say "Black is Beautiful"!
 
Buffalohead_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Black is good
Your black DOES look good (with no stripes). It's the "blacked out" look that's a little too much for me. Yours is the right amount of black IMO. BTW, in the U.S., we say "Black is Beautiful"!
Your black DOES look good (with no stripes). It's the "blacked out" look that's a little too much for me. Yours is the right amount of black IMO. BTW, in the U.S., we say "Black is Beautiful"!
I knew that. :) My apologies for forgetting; although I'm not sure it doesn't have a slightly different application. The colour thing is tricky. I'm not sure whether I'd like black side covers. I certainly wouldn't want a blacked out engine or wheels. But I'd have it like that if it were the only choice! :D
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Buffalohead_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Black is good
Your black DOES look good (with no stripes). It's the "blacked out" look that's a little too much for me. Yours is the right amount of black IMO. BTW, in the U.S., we say "Black is Beautiful"!
Your black DOES look good (with no stripes). It's the "blacked out" look that's a little too much for me. Yours is the right amount of black IMO. BTW, in the U.S., we say "Black is Beautiful"!
I knew that. :) My apologies for forgetting; although I'm not sure it doesn't have a slightly different application. The colour thing is tricky. I'm not sure whether I'd like black side covers. I certainly wouldn't want a blacked out engine or wheels. But I'd have it like that if it were the only choice! :D
I have decided rather than to buy the blacked-out Standard model, I will buy the new Deluxe and have the tank and sider panels painted black. It will cost more money but it will be worth it to me. I do like the black side panels. That way I'll have the silver engine and wheels, no stripes on the tank , larger tank and 4 into 2 exhaust. Except for the ABS, it's my idea of the perfect bike! :celebrate:
 
Go for it, Buffalohead!

Black IS beautiful.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Go for it, Buffalohead!

Black IS beautiful.
I'm going to do it but after dropping 20K on a new Indian Chief, it's going to take a few months for my bank account to recover! That's why I wish I could use the new Standard model. It would save a lot of $.
 
Gheil - copy that on the rear rack. I mean - when have dealers ever been wrong? :D

I asked Jerry Finley over at Pirate’s Lair is he knew anything about Staintune's plans with the 2014 Deluxe. Jerry didn't even know about the Deluxe but was going to reach out to Staintune.

Does anyone know if the EX is available in Australia?

If the 2013 staintunes still works on the left side, I would be tempted to order a second one for the Deluxe.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
Gheil - copy that on the rear rack. I mean - when have dealers ever been wrong? :D

I asked Jerry Finley over at Pirate’s Lair is he knew anything about Staintune's plans with the 2014 Deluxe. Jerry didn't even know about the Deluxe but was going to reach out to Staintune.

Does anyone know if the EX is available in Australia?

If the 2013 staintunes still works on the left side, I would be tempted to order a second one for the Deluxe.
Cormanus told me No.
 
The last model imported to Australia was in 2011. I've read somewhere that Honda is not bringing either the standard or EX or Deluxe models to Australia in 2014. Those of us who have one of the 2010 or 2011 models got lucky. :)
 
Back
Top