Who's ordered / purchased the 2014 CB1100?

Still working the dealers. I could've bought about 3 '13s for sub-$9k pricing if I was in that market. If they keep this up, it'll be hard to resist. But I think I want what the '14 DLX has to offer.
 
Just checked the 13 14 sprockets , looks like the 14 has a 40 tooth rear instead of a 39. I am still looking for a 37 or a 19 for the 13.
 
Really..one tooth difference on the rear 14? Why for petes sake?
 
The ferret_imp said:
Really..one tooth difference on the rear 14? Why for petes sake?
Just a thought.....maybe to add just a small amount of torque to overcome the small amount of extra weight? After all it wouldn't hurt the top end since there is an overdrive gear.
 
Robo_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Really..one tooth difference on the rear 14? Why for petes sake?
Just a thought.....maybe to add just a small amount of torque to overcome the small amount of extra weight? After all it wouldn't hurt the top end since there is an overdrive gear.
Just a thought.....maybe to add just a small amount of torque to overcome the small amount of extra weight? After all it wouldn't hurt the top end since there is an overdrive gear.
Thats my thinking also. Best of both worlds since they have a 6th gear and a little extra weight.
 
Interestingly, on the Honda Japan site (and yes, I have learned to take web specs with a grain of salt) it shows that the engine on the EX gains a couple of horsepower (factory rated at 90 vs 88 on the Standard) at the same 7500 RPM. It also shows that the Standard version produces more torque at lower RPMs than the EX (I've converted to ft-lbs) 68.6 @ 5000 vs 67.1 @ 5500). Wonder what the chances are that this is correct and whether or not this will convey to the models headed for the States?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I just ordered a 2014 DLX from Southern Honda in Chattanooga TN.
Quite a bit of the list price but do not know the exact out the door price yet.
Keeping my 2013 ,as I love this one too but would have liked the silver wheels (I have them in a box) and above all the silver engine.
Life is too short to worry about money,let someone else worry about that.(my wife ?)
 
Houtman_imp said:
I just ordered a 2014 DLX from Southern Honda in Chattanooga TN.
Quite a bit of the list price but do not know the exact out the door price yet.
Keeping my 2013 ,as I love this one too but would have liked the silver wheels (I have them in a box) and above all the silver engine.
Life is too short to worry about money,let someone else worry about that.(my wife ?)
I have contacted Honda of Chattanooga because I'm not super confident in my local dealer and really liked the feeling I got(and feedback that I read). I didn't realize Southern Honda was there as well and it looks like they are both powerhouse dealers. I would appreciate any input you might have about these two.
 
added to the list Houtman

RE: Who's ordered / purchased the 2014 CB1100?

Well that makes 11 of us waiting for 14 DLXs, 2 waiting for 14 EXs and 2 waiting on 14 STDs if I figure right

14 DELUXES - all red

1 Barkingshins
2 Ferret
3 Ride4now
4 SS22wheels
5 Dave
6 Hittheroad
7 Tbone 455
8 Damfino
9 Hedstrom
10 Gary
11 Houtman

14 EX

Itsme67 (Germany - black)
cb4kenco (UK)

14 STD

Newhemi (Ontario, Canada- blue)
Dale (Vancouver, Canada-blue)
 
It could be little confusing having two big Honda dealers in Chattanooga TN.
I met Southern Honda at Barbers last year and they seemed nice
people.
My first CB1100 I bought last year at a local dealer and paid list price and no set up or delivery fees,just the normal NC fees.
This year I was in less of a hurry to get one and called Southern Honda for a price.(they are about 130 miles from my home)
They quoted me $1300 of the MSRP price and no set up fees or other charges.They do have a 1 or 1.5 % business tax in that city.
I put down a deposit and will pick it up in my trailer when it comes in and than pay the sales tax and plate in NC.
 
Houtman, did they say when to expect delivery?
 
yea, I just wondered. Thanks

I rode down to my dealer yesterday and he's still telling me maybe next Monday or so.
 
I'm afraid we'll be in for a longer wait than expected. I don't know how my dealer can deliver late March/ early April, when other dealers are saying late April into May? :(
 
Yeah. Looking to see what ferret finds out. Was thinking of selling the VFR this spring. Now, just in case, I'm going ahead and putting new tires, brake pads and chain on.
 
FWIW - The dealer "hit the number" and I put my deposit down today. It'll be in the next batch ordered next week. May be June 'til I see a bike, though.
 
DAC_imp said:
FWIW - The dealer "hit the number" and I put my deposit down today. It'll be in the next batch ordered next week. May be June 'til I see a bike, though.
Finally pulled that trigger, huh? Congratulations and welcome to the waiting list! :D
 
DAC_imp said:
FWIW - The dealer "hit the number" and I put my deposit down today. It'll be in the next batch ordered next week. May be June 'til I see a bike, though.

Well, I'll be danged. You've been pondering this for almost a year now. Black std? Congrats!
 
Back
Top