Who's ordered / purchased the 2014 CB1100?

ride4now_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
And now there's two... I joined Ferrett today and did the deal on a new 2014 CB1100 Deluxe. I'm trading in my 2013 CB1100 but get to keep it, and ride it, until the new one arrives in late March. I'll post pictures to this thread when I pick it up. This new bike is definitely a collectible... I can't see how Honda could make this new model any better or more like the orig CB short of doing 4 into 4 pipes. I'm super excited!!!!!! :excited:
 
Saweeeett..... Congrats gheil! Excited for you :banana:

And now...there are two. :beerchug:
 
Well crap! I could have ordered a new CB before the Indian but I had no Idea when the 2014's would be out. The first 1901 Chiefs are special "badged" numbered bikes and mine is #94. I received a letter stating it was test ridden by the V.P. of the company for 25 miles. So, I HAD to do it. Anyway, now I have to wait to absorb the impact of the $ hit before I can get the CB. A few months should do it. I may not be one of the first few Deluxe buyers but I'll get there. My friends and family think I'm a little motorcycle eccentric and I guess my past record proves it!
 
ride4now_imp said:
And now there's two... I joined Ferrett today and did the deal on a new 2014 CB1100 Deluxe. I'm trading in my 2013 CB1100 but get to keep it, and ride it, until the new one arrives in late March. I'll post pictures to this thread when I pick it up. This new bike is definitely a collectible... I can't see how Honda could make this new model any better or more like the orig CB short of doing 4 into 4 pipes. I'm super excited!!!!!! :excited:
CONGRATS! The new CB Deluxe is something to be excited about, and she is definitely a keeper.


Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
 
Congrats gheil! We look forward to seeing pics. I may have purchased the Indian first but I am not more enthusiastic about it than the CB. I cannot imagine 2 bikes that fulfill my desire for nostalgia than the CB1100 and the Indian Chief. Both bikes are modern versions of great bikes of yesteryear. There are some good things about being single. I'm a lucky man (and thankful!)!
 
Hey guys, if it makes you feel any better, your '14 models are probably rolling off the production line right now. I recall last year's bikes that arrived in late March were manufactured in Jan/Feb.
 
Hootie-hoo! Congrats gheil! Pretty damn exciting, I say. Flynrider is right - I bet they're being carefully assembled as we speak. Very cool!
 
I can't say that I've "purchased" a 2014 yet BUT... the dealer has had my deposit on a Deluxe since Jan 22nd, the day after the rumors became official and they've assured me that my bike has been ordered. That reminds me... I need to check in with them and see if they have an expected delivery date yet. Of course, as I type this, my area is under a "Winter Storm Watch". Ugh! Spring cannot come soon enough!
 
Barkingshins_imp said:
I can't say that I've "purchased" a 2014 yet BUT... the dealer has had my deposit on a Deluxe since Jan 22nd, the day after the rumors became official and they've assured me that my bike has been ordered. That reminds me... I need to check in with them and see if they have an expected delivery date yet. Of course, as I type this, my area is under a "Winter Storm Watch". Ugh! Spring cannot come soon enough!
Living in MN must be the pits this time of year. Although it's HIGHLY unusual for this time of year, we're have upper 60's temps this weekend here in OK! (I don't mean to rub it in!) Lest you think I'm lucky, I can't ride anyway until I learn to walk again after getting a bionic leg.

BTW, If you've committed with a deposit, it's as good as bought IMO!
 
chrisross_imp said:
Am I the only one who wants the standard 14 model?
I waited a year because I was hoping for a black bike. But, it is TOO black. So, I'm going to paint a Deluxe. I love all of the features of the Deluxe.
 
I ordered my 2014 EX model in early December just after they were announced. We've only just found out the price in the UK for the EX at £9,199 which is about £800 less than we expected!! :excited: Here's a video from the recent London show which has the EX in black which look's pretty nice as well...

 
Me too, I gave a deposit on my deluxe 2 weeks ago, for now I just go crazy and look at pics of this drop dead gorgeous machine everyday, just like a little kid waiting for his brand new RED Rupp Sprint mini bike,oh wait that was me 42 years and 50 bikes ago.........
 
Thread starter
Ss2 and cbken... Congrats to you too! Now there's 4... :clap:
Let's keep this thread going as the place to introduce the new machine as we take delivery! It'll be interesting to see who gets theirs first and what the respective vin numbers will be.
 
When I read that the new 1100 was going to have a 6th gear it got me thinking about ordering. I am still enjoying my 2013 but the extended range and 6th gear might be hard to turn down as is the black paint. I'll keep you all posted.
 
ss2wheels_imp said:
I think the STD is very cool, just like the even more Retro look of the DLX.....
I think it's cool that Honda came out with the blacked out model to attract younger buyers and the Deluxe for us old geezers. It will help to keep this incredible bike alive for years to come (hopefully) and help the young guys to realize it's OK to be able to see the engine! What a great motorcycle, especially with the new features of the Deluxe!
 
Thread starter
Buffalohead_imp said:
ss2wheels_imp said:
I think the STD is very cool, just like the even more Retro look of the DLX.....
I think it's cool that Honda came out with the blacked out model to attract younger buyers and the Deluxe for us old geezers. It will help to keep this incredible bike alive for years to come (hopefully) and help the young guys to realize it's OK to be able to see the engine! What a great motorcycle, especially with the new features of the Deluxe!
I think it's cool that Honda came out with the blacked out model to attract younger buyers and the Deluxe for us old geezers. It will help to keep this incredible bike alive for years to come (hopefully) and help the young guys to realize it's OK to be able to see the engine! What a great motorcycle, especially with the new features of the Deluxe!
OLD GEEZERS? :dodgy:
 
Back
Top