Whoa... Home just in time

Glad you managed to get at least a short ride in. I went out last night for a nice ride around Loveland and Morrow. The weather was perfect. Your comment about the deer caught my eye. I generally ride in the evening and they seem to enjoy being out then as well. I came really, really close to hitting one a couple of years ago and its been in the back of my mind ever since. There's not much you can do when they come out of the bushes five feet from the road. Can't be too careful!
 
Thread starter
I love riding over there.. 28 to 123 in blanchester to 22 in Morrow to 350 down past Indian museum and zip line over to 123 back down to Morrow to 22 up hill to 123 and back over to 28 is a great loop.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I love riding over there.. 28 to 123 in blanchester to 22 in Morrow to 350 down past Indian museum and zip line over to 123 back down to Morrow to 22 up hill to 123 and back over to 28 is a great loop.
I know those roads well. That is indeed a great loop. The next time you're up that way, after you go down through the twisties on 350 and come back up, hang a right on Nixon Camp then another right onto Wilmington Rd and follow it back across the river. Turn left at the stop sign onto Rt 47. It's a great ride along the Little Miami up to Waynesville. Along the way there's a great little restaurant called the Little River Cafe. It's popular with bicyclists from the bike trail as well as motorcycles. On a nice evening there may be about a zillion HD's in the parking lot but they're always pretty mellow! On the way back from Waynesville you can take Rt 73 over the Caesar Creek Lake into Wilmington then pick up Rt 68 south to take you back to your neck of the woods. There's also a covered bridge off Rt 47 but you have to know where to look!
 
Thread starter
Cool never been on Nixon Camp. Going to write all that down and check it out in the near future.
Been on 73 to Wilmington a bunch, and of course 68, and 380 and 48 and 42 and 132. We usually lunch at Donatos in Wilmington when up that way, but not adverse to trying a new place.
DBXXX_imp said:
I know it should be scary but I love racing the weather like that.

There is a certain thrill about making it home before the bad stuff hits. ;)
 
Good ride. In your second photo there is some evidence of cumulus mammatus development. Always a sign of heavy weather.

I'm looking out the window at perfect riding weather, fine and comfortably cool, while I wait for my OEM drive sprocket to arrive. Anything after-market arrives within a few days but with Honda it's, "We do have one in Melbourne (or Innaminka, or Wantabadgery, or wherever) or we can get one from Japan in a couple of weeks". Sigh.

Cheers and happy riding.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Cool never been on Nixon Camp. Going to write all that down and check it out in the near future.
Been on 73 to Wilmington a bunch, and of course 68, and 380 and 48 and 42 and 132. We usually lunch at Donatos in Wilmington when up that way, but not adverse to trying a new place.
DBXXX_imp said:
I know it should be scary but I love racing the weather like that.

There is a certain thrill about making it home before the bad stuff hits. ;)
Let me know when you're planning a trip up that way and I'd be more than happy to give you the free guided tour! We could meet in Loveland and I could show you a few more fun roads on the way.

There is a certain thrill about making it home before the bad stuff hits. ;)
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Good ride. In your second photo there is some evidence of cumulus mammatus development. Always a sign of heavy weather.

I'm looking out the window at perfect riding weather, fine and comfortably cool, while I wait for my OEM drive sprocket to arrive. Anything after-market arrives within a few days but with Honda it's, "We do have one in Melbourne (or Innaminka, or Wantabadgery, or wherever) or we can get one from Japan in a couple of weeks". Sigh.

Cheers and happy riding.
... and, because it will inconvenience you more for us to get it from Japan in two weeks rather then get it from Melbourne (or Innaminka, or Wantabadgery, or wherever) in 24 hours, we'll get it from Japan. Have a nice day, Mr Pterodactyl. Your custom really is important to us. It is! Promise!
 
Thread starter
Jimbo sounds like a plan. I'm available most days lol

Ptero .. Wow our stuff comes from the US Honda distributor in about 3 days if ordered.
 
Honestly...the thing I miss most about the Great Lakes, is...believe it or not...thunderstorms.

Here in my part of Montana, I'm in semi-arid prairie, with pockets of forestland....rain is sparse and often doesn't do much more than dampen the ground. In Wisconsin, prior, it was the all-day rains. Seldom had a dramatic front move through.

In Colorado Springs, it it was four in the afternoon, it was raining. A morning shower was nearly unheard of. A THUNDERSTORM? Maybe once every couple of years.

In San Diego, we'd have "June Gloom." The morning sky, looking out over the Pacific, looked like heavy weather; but it was just the reflection of sea, sky and fog. Clear up by eight.

Only in Ohio, and along the Lake Erie shore to Buffalo...would I see a morning thunderstorm - or a midnight rain and light show. That's really a peculiarity of the Great Lakes ecosystem.
 
Thread starter
Well it rained overnight. Just like yesterday, there is a low chance of rain up until 11 am this morning, then rain returns with a vengeance for this afternoon and this evening. Probably ride from 8:30 or 9 until 11 today.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Jimbo sounds like a plan. I'm available most days lol

Ptero .. Wow our stuff comes from the US Honda distributor in about 3 days if ordered.
Rt 47 has been closed for a couple of weeks while they repair a bridge. I'll run down there this weekend and make sure it's open and get back to you. Maybe one day in the next couple of weeks we can get together.
 
Back
Top