Who has a Vanson Leather Jacket?

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
How much do you like it?

Worth the money?

Does it have armor?

Buy it off the shelf or did they custom fit you for it?

Feel good the first time you put it on? or did it have to break in?

what kind of liner?

I really like the looks of them but for a frugal guy like me, that's a lot of moola!
 
Thread starter
nuts..just missed a 15% off sale.

Really like the Drifter and Classic. Wonder what the weight difference is between the cowhide and the firenze?
 
If you're frugal, (I am too) other manufacturers make similarly styled leather jackets. First Gear pops into my mind. Keep an eye on motorcyclegear.com like I do. you never know what will turn up there.
 
Thread starter
ClassicVW_imp said:
If you're frugal, (I am too) other manufacturers make similarly styled leather jackets. First Gear pops into my mind. Keep an eye on motorcyclegear.com like I do. you never know what will turn up there.
Yea thanks, I have a couple leather jackets, I currently have a Technik vented and an X-Element solid from Leather Up but with my body I really need a custom made jacket to fit right (belly too big ...(majority of the problem)..., arms too short, shoulders too small, and neck too big for an off the shelf leather...think Keebler elf lol). I have a heck of a time with suits and dress shirts too.

Had Brooks leather jackets years ago (when I was skinny), but I'd like to have a top of the line leather like a Vanson to fit my current body. Been jonesing the last two years lol
 
Thread starter
Yea I have seen Fox Creek and I could actually ride to their shop, but they seem to be more cruiser oriented? See a lot of moto journalists wearing Vanson, so either they get them free or it's one of the best that they are paying for themselves.

Can you post up a pic of your favorite jacket?
 
This is from a few years ago and I don't think this is a current Fox Creek model any more > http://www.photosbytink.com/foxcreek/

While they do tend to cater to the V-Twin crowd, Fox Creek does have jackets like the Grayson and Vented Racing jackets that are classic motorcycle riding jackets. Men's Leather Motorcycle Jackets Made in USA | Lifetime Guarantee

It is true that magazine staff get SWAG from mfrs all the time so try and look beyond the obvious high press exposure of some mfrs.

A friend of mine got a Vanson jacket about the same time I got my first Fox Creek, side-by-side you can really tell the difference in build quality, I'm happy I went with Fox Creek after seeing his Vanson, IMHO.

TINK




The ferret_imp said:
Yea I have seen Fox Creek and I could actually ride to their shop, but they seem to be more cruiser oriented? See a lot of moto journalists wearing Vanson, so either they get them free or it's one of the best that they are paying for themselves.

Can you post up a pic of your favorite jacket?
My other Fox Creek jacket is the Summer Riding > Men's Summer Riding Jacket
 
I've got a couple of Schotts that I absolutely love, a 641HH in horsehide and a 585 in aged brown cowhide. They're of outstanding quality and they greet me to that wonderful smell every time I open the closet. Schott does custom sizing as well. I was lucky enough to find mine nearly new on eBay for a substantial discount. They're certainly spendy, but I'm pretty sure they'll outlast me! :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I have one and the quality is just over the top imo. Its that good. Now mine is about 12 years old and I dont know how good they are now a days. Problem with mine is the damn thing shrunk and I cant fit in it any longer. :rofl: Pisses me off to no end knowing what I paid for it. :@

Pretty sure mine was made in America but would have to check to be sure. Anybody need a size 40 highway jacket? I think that is the size of the one I have. Its in perfect condition and broken in.
 
I've been looking at Vanson and Fox Creek myself. Not sure if it's the same for all of their jackets, but armor (except back) is included in the price of the Vansons I was interested in, but not in the Fox Creeks.

Todd_K has a Vanson, btw
 
I had one in the late 90's (FWIW). Absolutely loved it. Would buy another in a sec. No nonsense thick leather built for motorcycling. Only problem for me is they are a little cost prohibitive by the time you add the armor and insulation jacket. Maybe next year.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Todd is probably safe...Neither Ferret nor I could fit in his jacket. probably.
"Did you know we're riding on the CB1100?" doesn't quite work, ES, although it's great vehicle for doing the same thing. :)
 
Back
Top